Effective Ways to be Happy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by radascars, Jun 15, 2011.

1. aryastark

aryastark New Member

Depression is a very big issue in our society. A lot have committed suicide because of this. If they chose happiness, they would still be alive right now.
    For me, these are the effective ways to be happy:
    1. CONNECT WITH GOD. The Lord gave you life and is always there for you. Sometimes we tend to forget that. When you have God in your life, no matter how many problems you have, you are still gonna be happy knowing that the Lord will not leave you nor forsake you. Always remember that God loves you.
    2. BOND WITH YOUR FAMILY. You are blessed to have your family. May it be blood related or not. Spending a good time with them will definitely bring you happiness.
    3. STAY AWAY FROM NEGATIVE PEOPLE, STAY POSITIVE. Negativity is a disease you won't want to get. It consumes your happiness until you eventually get angry or disappointed. Positive thinking on the other hand would lead to a calm mind and happiness.
    4. DO YOUR PASSION. Whatever your passion is, make time to do it. May it be art, music, or sport. It relaxes you and gives you joy.
    5. LEARN TO LOVE OTHERS. We should have no room for hate. Love no matter what.

2. Kriiistamarie

Kriiistamarie New Member

In order to be happy, first of all learn to love yourself.
    If you don't love yourself you can never fully love another human being.

Love is something that will make anyone happy.
    Being kind and giving also tends to make people happy

Living by values is a great way to stay happy. If you value yourself, your family and helping others, then live for those things and you will feel very happy.

3. Bizarrio

Bizarrio New Member

Happiness is something you should never chase. If you try too hard to be happy, chances are, you will never be happy.

Just be yourself and do your own thing; you should be happy.

One of the key ingredients of being happy is to be realistic and be open-minded.

4. mjm18123

mjm18123 New Member

Surround yourself with people who truly loves you!!!!!

Surrounding yourself with people who genuinely loves you can lift your spirit up. Having people around you will surely bring the energy up. This is not about just having someone around, this is about having someone who is genuine and someone that will support you. For me, keeping little amount of people is the key to happiness. Because life is about quality of people that surrounds you and definitely not the quantity. You may have have twenty friends but only three from that twenty truly loves you and truly honest with you. Eliminate people that do not give importance to you. This will make you happy and contented.

5. Benjo

Benjo New Member

the most effective way to be happy is to be contented on what you have. there are lots of ways but for me this is the best one. Contentment in life is the best feeling ever. because you don't need to be rich in order to get what you want.

make the most of what you have. that's the best thing to be happy

6. trendjing

trendjing New Member

Happiness is a state of contentment. It is a feeling wherein everything is light and goes accordingly to what you expected to happen. For some, happiness can be bought by material things, fame and position in life, however true happiness can only be attain in simple ways.

First, having God in the center of every relationship you have, whether it be your family, friends, or co-workers. Walking with God will teach you the fruits of the Spirit, which are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. You will learn how to deal with differently people by having these characters.

Second is you should learn on how to forgive. Holding a grudge with someone, also holds you to have a stress-free life. I have a friend who has an ill-feeling with his father because he left them for being a drug user. It was so hard for me to introduce the topic in regards with family, particularly to a father and son relationship. He was angry all his life until the time that his father asks of him because he was terminally ill. The very good thing that happened was forgiveness took place and love abounds. My friend never regretted to give that "forgiveness" to his father, making the most memorable times that was lost, up to the time of his father's death bed.

Happiness can be achieve if we have open hearts and open minds to see the goodness of what God has given us.

7. Yna

Yna New Member

I've asked a thousand times as to "How to be Happy?". Honestly, I don't know either. I still have a long way ahead of me to know what really happiness is. I know to myself that I am now happy. I may not have everything that I wish and long for but I have more than enough. I have a loving family, I'm surrounded by people who support and guide me with my endeavors, I have friends who are crazy enough to make living worthwhile, God is always a whisper away, always there to listen and I am very much alive and breathing. I may be hurting at times, pain may just be at the corner waiting for the best chance to jump at me, I may want to give up sometimes but I always choose to come back up and fight again. I realized that happiness should always come from within one self. "Happiness is a choice" - that's what I believe in. For me, happiness is not found in the diamonds hidden in your closet, not even with the different banks you've stored your money, not should be given by someone else, not bought and not asked especially should not be begged for. It comes out naturally. If you love yourself, if you accept yourself for who you are, embrace your flaws and imperfections and forgive yourself for all the mistakes you've made in the past, then you won't have any problem of being happy. You should be happy with just the little things. Be happy with simplicity and be happy that you are alive. Be thankful with everything that is given to you and what you see in front of you. You are given that life to be treasured, cherished and live fully not to sulk, cry and mourn about petty things. You are living now and who knows until when so make the most out of it and spread love. Life's too short for you to pout. Turn that frown upside down and be happy. Happiness is found everywhere! You just need to look deep enough and let go of the negative vibes that surround you. Life is too beautiful to just neglect it. Enjoy every minute, every second now while you still can. Start today, start with yourself. Stand in front of the mirror, look at that beautiful figure staring back at you, tell him/her that she's special, she's important, she's loved and she deserves to be happy. Lastly, smile. Smile like you've never smiled before. Start smiling now and happiness will surely follow.

8. rhea1128

rhea1128 New Member

Happiness can achieved by appreciating everything that surround us. Sometimes they make it synonymous with material things. But happiness is innate from ourselves from the moment our life started in this world. There are many ways to be happy depends on person preference in life.
    But for me, first is a constant relationship with our God. Having a good foundation of beliefs leads you to right pathway in life. Second is unconditional love. This includes family, friends, and animals or anything that we build a relationship. These people let us how to feels emotions that contributes to our happiness. And last, the most important, is understanding Yourself. No one on earth is 100% knows you from inside to outside except you. You are the main driver of your emotions. Being happy is a choice that you do with yourself. Knowing what makes you happy makes your life less complicated and maintain a genuine happiness coming from within.So we must enjoy life to it's fullest with a smile, laugh and positive optimism everyday.:);)

9. Bang127

Bang127 New Member

Happiness is something that we all strive for, yet many of us find it challenging to grasp and even harder to maintain. Especially during these difficult economic times, happiness can feel like it is hiding just behind next week’s paycheck, a new job, or a distant raise. Happiness has less to do with money than we might imagine, and more to do with the people around us, how we live our lives, the way spend our time, and how we perceive ourselves and understand our life experiences.No matter where they are or what they are doing, happy people recognize that they always have something to be grateful for. If you are feeling down or having a rough day, it is possible to cheer yourself up by simply thinking of a person, place or situation that makes you smile. Even though this life can sometimes feel like an individual journey, we need other people around us in order to feel happy.

10. diddy32

diddy32 New Member

Happiness is not just through smile and laughter, it is only a physical part of being happy. A true happiness can be find through the people around you if there are no hatred to each other and you can feel no pressure that keeps you away from them. Happiness is everywhere if you put God in the center of your life. Helping and taking care each other is the best way to share the happiness you have, let your happiness spread to other persons and he/she can share it to others also. Happiness is living free from a stress life.

11. BILLWRITER

BILLWRITER New Member

Happiness is different to each and all of us. There's no simple or hard way to obtain happiness. I'm a happy person and my way to happiness is by keeping a positive attitude. How? I can just tell you how I live my life and achieve happiness. Work, exercise, eat healthy as much as possible, but still eating controlled sweets, lol. Pay bills fully and on time, Sleep as well as possible, have fun your way and don't let negativity affect you. Deal with whatever happens in your life by fixing any situations/problems or and accepting some thing which can't e fixed, but still continue your life happy. Most negative situations will pass. If not, find a way to manage to a point which you can live your own life happy your own way.

12. Onof

Onof New Member

It's easy to make your life happy.First if you have a loving family members you deserve to be happy and if you have alot of friends to love and understand you.. your always feel to be happy.Don't you think that our family and friends is enough to be happy but someone says that we need to find love and life to someone deserving? No..lovelife is not enough to be feel happy. For me is only my family and friends is enough.

13. Leonel Manalili

Leonel Manalili New Member

"I can always make myself happy." This is always what I'm saying to people I am meeting. Happiness is a state of mind if you only look at the brighter side of every situation.

It's kinda weird but my point of view is kinda different. I am always looking for a reason to be happy despite of whatever might happen. As I believe there is always a good reason why something happens--for the betterment. So for me, the most effective way to be happy is for us to learn how to make ourselves happy. No matter how difficult the situation is for you, if you only think and perceive things positively, you will always end up on the good side or being happy.

But I know that there are a lot of instances where it's hard to be happy. That's normal. In the first place, you cannot say that you are happy if you haven't experienced being sad or lonely. That's how tricky life is for everyone. There must be an equilibrium. Like what Jessie J's song says, It's okay not to be okay.

"You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it." - Paulo Coelho

So we, people, can apply this quote in our every day lives. There is always a reason to be happy and there will always be ways how to get out of a difficult situation. Yes, others may seem to be stuck in sadness, so I'm hoping that people could have this trait in me that I have when it comes to dealing with situation if life. Let us not depend our happiness from another person. Let us not put the key to our happiness into someone else's pocket. Let's all learn how to make ourselves happy. :)

14. cathylene

cathylene New Member

Every human deserves to be happy. Happiness is our choice. We are alive in this world. We always remember we only live once. The effective ways to be happy is to think positive. Put God in our mind and heart. Come and let think positive ways that having positive outlook results positive happy life. If we forget stress in our life it will lead Happiness and it will be beneficial to our health. We will look younger and you will live longer.

15. Rowie

Rowie New Member

Some of the effective ways to be happy are having a passion, being kind and being surrounded by positive people. Having something that ignites the fire inside you is definitely something that would help you be happy. A passion for music, arts, sports or anything would be great. Having something you can devote your time and effort to. Second is be kind. It is quite broad but simple. Just treat people with kindness. Give out some positive vibrations and for sure you will receive the same. If you are kind you would have less in mind. You won't be envious or insecure. And lastly, surround yourself with people who appreciate you, people who see the good in you and not just your flaws, people who won't bring you down, people you love.

Patchot likes this.
  16. Firefly29

Firefly29 New Member

Happiness is a choice so choose happiness...
    Most people blaming others for their meseries but its not what others do to you its how you handle negative vibes.Surround yourself with people who makes you believe in youself and most of all love you.
    You can happy also by helping others trust me it will work,'what you sow is what you reap'.
    Being happy is not just a word its a gift from our creator.

17. Jade30

Jade30 New Member

One of the effective ways to be happy is to find love. Love in everything you do. If you love what you are doing, you'll enjoy doing it and eventually, it will make you happy. Doing what you love with who you love is another thing, it will make you extra happy. So go for it!

18. Jade30

Jade30 New Member

Choose positivity over negativity and smile because you can. Choose to be happy with who you are right now and allow your joy to shape your present and your future. Do the things thatmake you happy more often, spend time with those who bring out your smile and create your own happiness.

19. jamaicka18

jamaicka18 New Member

One of the best ways to be happy is to appreciate the little things in life. The company of your friends, the love of your family or the small achievements that you make everyday, these are commonly overlooked when we are too busy living our lives. It is always great to take a moment and appreciate all the blessings that you have and be thankful for them. It is not bad to worry about your problems but it also wouldn't hurt if you focus more on the positive side of things. Most importantly, never forget to love yourself first and foremost. Embracing your flaws and working on improving yourself is the best ways to achieve true happiness.

20. Practice mindfulness. Occupy your mind with positive thoughts, actively striving, seeking, working on goals and humming a tune, for happy effects on the mind and body. Focusing on your experiences in the present moment without judging them or yourself can help you become more compassionate to yourself and to others.

21. benjevander

benjevander New Member

There's a lot of way to be happy,it is subjective to people,we all have our own ways to become happy,it depends on the individual,but commonly,staying away from negative people,having inner peace,going to a happy environment,being yourself and thinking positive would help to become happy.

22. ping.dott

ping.dott New Member

I guess before you to start finding happiness first you must know the things that makes you lonely, You must start fixing your self, try to let go of the things that's keeping you unhappy. You'll never obtain the real happiness when you still have the load of loneliness inside. Our Happiness is not a choice you can't really obtain happiness if just forcing a smile on your face in the middle of your problems, Staying positive in the middle of chaos is a good thing but it doesn't really mean that you're happy. We can control our minds but not our emotions, Even if we show a happy face in public we will still feel those deep inside emotions we're hiding.

After fixing your self and finding a way to solve those loneliness that is only the time you will really feel happiness, You will start to enjoy and appreciate those little things and good relationship you have with other people. When you are free with those sad emotions that's holding you and keeping you to be happy you will start to see those amazing things in the world.

We should never be satisfied on fake smile and forced happiness, because happiness is one of the most important things that we should obtain in are life, A life without obtaining real happiness is a loss.

23. atan

atan New Member

To be happy is to stay healthy.
    To be happy is to stay positive
    To be happy is accepting what's in you and stay contented.
    To be happy is sharing what you have to others. Because sharing is caring.
    To be happy is to stay happy and in love with your family and loved ones

24. JiLL1987

JiLL1987 New Member

Happiness is a choice. The art of being happy is to be satisfied with what you have. You just have to be grateful. It’s simple, and it works. When you’re discouraged, just think of the things in your life you’re thankful for.

25. Alamat

Alamat New Member

For me, the most effective ways to be happy is to always stay close to the God Almighty. Because He is the greatest being that can give us the knowledge and show us the ways to be happy: Having Faith with Him, being contended of what we have and to be hopeful on God’s promise to be with Him in eternal life. These are just a few of abundant wisdom that God wants us to keep in our hearts.

26. Creashia

Creashia New Member

In order to stay happy is always look on the positive side of life. Being with my family will always make me feel happy because they give me strenght in every day living they are the reason why I study hard to give a better feature with my family so that me and my family can be happy. And most specially having faith and trust in God can make me happy and my family that what ever trials and hardship will come I know that God is their whenever I call for guidance and strenght to over come all the challenges in life.God never fail to help me and He have proven that it times that I am in trouble. Just have faith and trust in God and you will find happiness in life.

27. bexk8_

bexk8_ New Member

No matter how cliche it is or how many times it is said, the true way to be happy is to love yourself and love others. No material item can ever give you true lifelong happiness. This is only something that emotions and feelings can give you. Having love for yourself comes first when being happy because if you don't love yourself, others will have troubles loving you too. Once you do learn to do so, you will find people who will even further help your self love grow. The connections you make with people like this are indescribable. They will make you happy beyond words and that is not something a new purse can do for you.

28. JiLaurelle87

JiLaurelle87 New Member

Happiness is not a simple goal, but is about making progress, when it's as elusive as ever. If you want to find out how to be happy, it's often best to start by examining other happy people.

Do What You Love. If your passion is playing soccer, writing poems, or teaching children how to swim, make time to do it. You’ll find that when you’re doing what you love, you’re filled with joy.

Be Thankful. When you think of all the things that you have to be grateful for, you realize how blessed you already are. Without even realizing it, we take our basic necessities for granted — a roof over your head and plenty of food to eat. By appreciating the things that you already have, you’ll begin to feel happier in your life.

Share With Others. When we share our thoughts, our time, and our abilities with others we feel better for it. A life lived without sharing can become lonely. When you share with others, they’ll feel great towards you and help you to feel more joy in your own life.

Practice smiling more and see how it affects you internally, as well as those around you. You can always afford to give a smile. Smiling can make you happier — even if you have to force it, you’ll still feel better.

Find Ways to Manage Stress. Don’t let stress rob you of your birthright to be happy. You deserve to be happy, and it wouldn’t be right to let stress get in the way. Practices such as meditation can help you to manage stress better and feel great.

Dump Negative Thinking. You already know that negative thinking will bring you down. So how do you stop it? Become more aware of it and try replacing your negative thoughts with some positive ones. Spend less time with negative people and more time with positive people.

29. Veronica4321

Veronica4321 New Member

As someone who has suffered with depression in the past I know what the daily struggles of looking for happiness are like. After some time of waking up everyday and wasting my time on feeling negative and hopeless, I realised that the way I was living life was not living at all, it was just existing. The first step in achieving happiness is understanding that it is in your hands for the most part, with nudges of help from other sources. After I decided to take matters into my own hands, I indulged in some soul searching and in what triggers MY happiness. I found out that there are countless things out there that make me happy. First of all, my family and friends who stood by me no matter what. Surrounding yourself by loved ones is very important, cut all the negative and toxic people out of your life because all they want to do is bring you down. Secondly, I fell I love with being active, going to the gym, hiking, swimming, any kind of excerice that helped the endorphins flow through my body. What also massively helped in my journey to happiness, was keeping a journal, writing down all my thoughts and feelings, and documenting everything positive in my life. Somewhere along the way, I realised that I wasn’t feeling hopeless anymore, I was finally full of life making the most of every day. And, that’s all it takes, making the decision to change your life from bad to awesome. I’m not saying that life is perfect, but as long as you try and put more emphasis on the positive rather than the negative everything will work itself out.

30. Yanivosso

Yanivosso New Member

One thing that always has effect on me is just laying back and put on some music that makes you feel happy.. then just except your self for who you are.. a love your self.. focus on the now and not on past experiences or the future to come .