Electronic books

Discussion in 'Books' started by hmerati, May 17, 2019.

?

You're too?

1. who is like me

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. your too?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hmerati

hmerati New Member

I have many Electronic books because i can read in the metro and Any place And They are no volume but Physical books are more enjoyable

2. thusi123qw

thusi123qw Member

I do enjoy a good book,but I really don't like when its electronic because,when you are reading an actual book,you get too feel the pages turn and the smell of the book.Actually when reading a good novel,you get attached to the book,I personally do not get that feeling when reading an electronic version of the book.So I would say reading the physical book is better than the electronic version.What you Postloopers think,give a like and a comment.Thanks gys

3. Jonk22

Jonk22 New Member

There's nothing like a real book but I have to admit that electronic books are the way forward. They take up less space, less paper is used and its way more convenient. Still nothing like flipping pages though

4. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I still prefer physical books because you don't need gadgets to read them.

5. git531

git531 Member

I prefer a physical book but eBooks have certain advantages like
    eBooks are cheaper as there is no cost to print, no cost of paper .etc.
    eBooks are very portable. you can read an eBook in any device like PC, smartphone, laptop, table, etc

6. cozhart

cozhart New Member

As much as I love books, I too became a fan of ebooks because I have this application on my phone that turns the PDF/ebook into an audiofile. The AI reads the books for me and it helps me save money and pretty much just sit and relax. However, reading ebooks were a taboo for me because ever since I read ebooks back in the day, I gained astigmatism from it. I became scared to read online books due to this reason. Right now, I am basically broke and in need of money so I had to download free ebook copies online. With the help of my app, I was able to enjoy those books I downloaded without damaging my eyes. The power of technology is amazing.

7. jackiejackie

jackiejackie Member

I love reading.

In my phone, I have a Bible app. I read it when I'm at work, or sometimes during waiting time. It's very convenient and I don't have to bring my old Bible with me. But, at home, I still turn into that old Book I put on the shelf. Nothing can replace the feeling of touching and reading each leaf of a book.

8. Peachywriter

Peachywriter New Member

I am inclined to agree with you about physical books. There is just something about having the book in your hands that make it feel incredibly immersive. I also have a kindle paperwhite to store some books I may have gotten from indie authors or just wasn't sure if I would enjoy it. I feel that is where eBooks are great because you can carry them with you on just about any device and you can usually save a few bucks here and there if you are unsure about the book and don't want to spend more on a physical copy.

9. TheMoonShaman

TheMoonShaman New Member

Do you ever go to a movie theatre, or do you sometimes watch DVDs? Watch a TV show as it's happening, or sometimes watch youtube? Talk on the phone, or message people? Listen to music only on vinyl, or sometimes do digital? Carry a paper map around, or sometimes look at google maps or a bus transit app? Appreciate photo albums of actual pictures, or think that they're 'less than' because they're not digital? You apparently are fine with getting other people's opinions online- does that mean that you avoid person to person questions?

Life is full of inconsistencies, and especially now, books are available in so many forms that it seems a bit silly to need to choose a 'side'. Do you have the same either/or attitude towards audiobooks?

10. NMac

NMac New Member

I have a few e-books, and I enjoy the portability of them when I travel. At home, I like to read from hardcover books. My local library has very up to date books, and there is no cost to me to check them out. They allow extending the check out time one time after the original check out for the times I don't quite finish the book before it is due. It's convenient and economical.

11. fajaybar

fajaybar New Member

electeonic books is easier to use because it give you no effort to bring because it was stored inyou mobile phobe or any gadgets mainly electronic gadgets

12. cesstravels09

cesstravels09 New Member

Electronic books are also nice but i prefer reading an actual book. My eyes can't take the brightness of the screen of any gadgets tho. Old school book reading for me :) But of course Ebook has its advantages anyway - you can purchase books around the world and can be readily available just right after purchasing.