Face your FEAR or Forget your FEAR?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by kringclaver, Feb 6, 2019.

1. kringclaver

kringclaver New Member

What's your take on Fear?

2. Lyssa

Lyssa New Member

It's better to Face you fear than forgetting your fear without doing nothing. I think forgetting your fear is being afraid and running off things that you should face, I rather face my fear because atleast if I failed, I know to myself that I tried it. And if I will try again, I will not be afraid to face it again because I'm sure that I will not be defeated by the same reason twice.

3. hunkmenlordy

hunkmenlordy New Member

It depends on which fear it is. I'm afraid of public speaking but sometimes I have to give presentations or teach classes at work and in those cases I just say fuck it and do what I need to do and it works out ok.But I also have a fear of bungee jumping so I decided long ago that I will never go bungee jumping. Some fears are good for you.We're so used to reading inspiring quotes about facing your fears that we forget that in some cases human fear is an evolutionary advantage.

4. kimfamilara

kimfamilara New Member

Forget about your fear and face it! Fear is a very natural response to the things or situations we are not familiar with. We have to understand that every individual has one fear and the degree varies from one person to another. Accepting your fear is the first step in conquering it. It should not define you as a person. Fear can be overcome with the help of other support groups or trusted individual. I think conquering ones fear is the best accomplish we can made as an individual. One person say, 'If you are afraid, then be it, but do it anyway'.

5. Len27

Len27 New Member

Face your fear is better because it's challenging. It happens for a reason and you will know how strong you are as a person and you will have the confident facing life problems just to believe in your self and being positive helps the person to face it with or without help of others.

6. micohatienza

micohatienza New Member

Facing your fear is a challenge. Fear was made by yourself. Limiting yourself to do things. Fear can be overcome. Facing it and overcome the fear will make you a better person. We all know fear is normal but ignoring it is different. Live your life with a statement of a clothing line. Face fear, Live your dream.

7. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

Face it. We fear something we don't understand. Once we do, the fear goes away. One can never forget fear especially if the defining factor lies around.

8. zeljlavujcic

zeljlavujcic New Member

I am suffering from claustrofobia, and it represents huge problem to me. I am affraid from bus, for example. For example, I think i would sufficate when i hear bus door closing behind me. I tried to face this but i soon realize that i should seek help. I am on therapy now. Some fears are stronger than others, and some people need proffesional help.

9. romilda

romilda Member

Always face you fears in order to be immune with the fear that you have.

10. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

Face your fear, because that's make you strong and competent.

11. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

Fear is an emotion that tells lies. To recognize fear is to muster the courage to overcome it. To feel fear means that you are alive and capable. The ability to do something in the face of fear makes a person do good things. Only those who feel fear have guts and being fearless is being stupid. Courage does not represent being fearless, it requires fear as its fuel.

12. jonahclarus1994

jonahclarus1994 New Member

FACE YOUR FEAR or FORGET YOUR FEAR?

Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous. It is likely to cause pain, or a threat to our individuality. Fear has different types which ranges from mild to severe cases. And I do believe that, ALL people in different walks of life have their own kind of fear. But the question is, are we going to face it or just forget about it instead?

In my opinion, I will answer that question by saying, we can never forget a fear but we can always FACE OUR FEARS to OVERCOME it. The thought of fears is not to try and forget it in a snap. But we deal with it just like any other circumstances in life. We identify the matter, we face it, and find a solution to deal and cope with it.

I always believe in the power of the mind. IT's like mind over matter. Sometimes, our number one enemy is our own self. We try to overthink and make our own ship be drown in our own miseries and overthinking. Thus, to deal with fear we need to face it and find ways to overcome it. If we can't overcome it, we can always cope with it. Just always think that we are the masters of our own minds.

13. andrewgeorge

andrewgeorge New Member

There is nothing like forgetting your fears and i don't believe any one can. I believe facing your fears help you get over them. I also believe that everything good that someone has ever wanted is always in the other side of fear. Sometimes its not about going round the mountain but going through it. Its the only way to overcome your fears facing them is always the way to go.

14. NVGDTO

NVGDTO New Member

WE NEED TO FACE OUR FEARS. The number one fear of people is DEATH. Can you forget it? No. So why not start to face all your fears? Because eventually? It'll all come to you. Face it, it's just an obstacle on your life. You are the master of your own mind. Take your fear as a challenge that if you passed it, you have a reward to claim. Everything has a reason. God will not give you challenges that you cannot pass. Fear is just in your mind. And if you don't face it, it will become your problem. A problem that you will carry for the rest of your life.

Praying can be helpful to face all fears. But never tell God that you have a big problem to face. Tell your problem that you have a BIGGER GOD who's ready to help you whatever it takes.