Fantasy World

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by Yumyan, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:32 PM.

1. Yumyan

Yumyan New Member

I tend to imagine myself being in a parallel world with many different characters that help me throughout the way and there is a neverending storyline. I draw out these characters and sometimes I would write down our adventures. Since these adventure help me go to sleep.
    Sometimes a child's world is a good story to work. Although I am not a child anymore hahaha

Have you ever imagined yourself to be in a parallel world with many unique characters?
    Did this experience allow you to create a story for a book?
    How do you find your ideas?

2. JuiceAndJam

JuiceAndJam New Member

I never really imagined myself in another world or anything; always sticking to characters in their own stories. Although, these worlds are full of characters. Enough so that they can be grouped and have their own side stories withing the overarching world. I do intend to flesh these worlds and characters out sometime, whenever I get the time. As for finding ideas; world building is fairly simple in the idea department. I usually go off of my environment, or places I've been to and experience. As for characters, I give them one main idea, usually a character trait or an ideology, and flesh them out from there. Most of the time they're based on a part of me in a way, like a fear, interest, or a belief I hold.

3. ripplegrin

ripplegrin New Member

When I was younger, I did imagine parallel or fantasy worlds that I was the main character in but currently, I try to be the gods of the world, setting things into motion at a light breeze or a blink. I have never made a book, as of yet, but I do hope to do so one day. I have written several small drabbles but those were in premade worlds. For finding inspiration for my ideas, I usually turn to music. Some songs resonate with me and give me wonderful creations or beings from it.

4. ashleyburgess

ashleyburgess New Member

Ideally, I'd love world where everyone can experience love and do away with their current disposition of being a hopeless romantic. Outcasts of love would be unconditionally loved by their counterpart and channel the newly felt experiences unto those around them. Platonic love would be a common staple among every community and hate would cease to exist and dissipate.