Fate of Free Will?

Discussion in 'Business, Politics, & Debates' started by shhrys, Aug 21, 2018.

1. shhrys

shhrys New Member

Do you believe in Destiny? Looking for opinions.

2. SpaceReal

SpaceReal New Member

I do not, but I also don't think that we're total masters of our own lives.

There are many things beyond our control, things that affect the way things will turn out for us, but, in the end, everything happens because something or someone caused it. I suppose our "fate" is a mixture of everyone else's "fate" and choices.

3. iblissian

iblissian New Member

I would say that I do, in my own interpretation of destiny. I think we chose our own paths, but only within a certain sense. I imagine destiny as a wide road - where exactly on that road you end up, that is your choice, but you are still within the bounds and confines of something - you have freedom, to an extent, and within some bounds.

4. andras.nagy

andras.nagy New Member

No. I understand that in the end no one can know what's going on, but I rather believe that we have free will purely because not having free will would make this whole thing of being alive pointless and I do not believe that our existence and everything around us is pointless. There must be a reason that might be arbitrary. Fate is also very often used as a scapegoat by individuals who are in a bad place in their life or religious people.

5. HORR

HORR New Member

No. The essential certainty of life is uncertainty. We have free will to make selections and judgments, and can form a sort of fate in the sense that selections and judgments, along with personal determination, can sway what the future might convey. The unavoidably of uncertainty is not always observed, but it is the influential stimulus of everything from the world to our own actuality.

Those persons who are too concentrated on creed, sanctity or superstition are crafting a wrong sense of reality that subsists inside, not external. This is how boundlessly circular point of view about free will and fate are driven. It does not change anything. A comparison is disagreeing truth as if it is thus changed. Truth remains intact and purposeful regardless of how much one prefers a different perception of it. From religious doctrine to political creed, they are human paradigms that exist separate from reality.

6. jzrgrl

jzrgrl New Member

We are organized by God will not our ownThere is no other way to determine the difference between the will of God and the crafts of satan... Jesus is the way, the truth and the life... The Holy Spirit of God is the Comforter...

7. chrisjjf24

chrisjjf24 New Member

You should have more fate than free will.

8. booger

booger New Member

In my humble opinion I do not believe in "fate", fate is what you make it. Free will however is a pretty broad term and I think I have a pretty good idea about it. I have a background in biology so I kind of want to stick with the science of it, I am also subscribed to Sam Harris' idea about free will. I do not think it exists, and here's why. One of Sam Harris' experiment on it is about making decisions on simple questions/activity. The premise is that your brain unconsciously makes decision 2 to 12 seconds in advance before your consciousness sound it out loud. Your brain unconsciously responds to stimuli (questions/activities) before you even "know" it and sound it out.

The experiment actually found out that you think you made a decision but your brain already made it unconsciously.