Favorite book of all time? Not series, just a single book.

Discussion in 'Books' started by maemandapat, Jul 11, 2018.

1. maemandapat

maemandapat New Member

I just started with an english novel and haven's finished it yer but I'd love to know your favorite books and see if I can read them myself.

2. My favourite book of all time is probably "Nausea" by Jean-Paul Sartre. He writes as a historian who begins experiencing reality as something otherworldly and futile. I read it at a point in my life when I was beginning to experience something similar. The book is so poetically and brutally written that it sincerely spoke to my soul. Funnily, I've only read it once. It is an intense read, though, and once was enough for it to have left it's mark on my heart for ever.

3. jpb.ldn

jpb.ldn New Member

The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler. A lot of my affection is probably nostalgia, but I do think it's a very well-written piece of fiction. I'm not sure if it's meant to be YA or not, but I still enjoy it as an adult. The diary format means it's easily digested for people like me who only read in spells, and the protagonist, Flannery, is relateable and dry, always a plus!

4. gabidm

gabidm New Member

My favorite book of all time is Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. It was one of the books that sparked my love for reading. Although I first read it as a teenager, I re-read it as an adult and it was just as amazing as the first time.

I just love Nail Gaiman's fantasy books, his writing is captivating and brings to life very magical and unthought of world.