Favorite Running Weather

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by CityLights, Mar 1, 2016.

1. CityLights

CityLights New Member

Personally, I love to run on a gray day with light drizzle. To me, that's preferable to a hot summer day or a brisk morning. Not so wet that the ground gets muddy and traction suffers, but a nice cooling day which is just unpleasant enough to keep some people inside and some cars off the road. I feel like when the roads are emptier I can spend more time thinking on my run. Anyone else a huge fan of running in the rain?

2. Blaine Alexander

Blaine Alexander New Member

I run about 4 times a week and my favorite is either in the early morning when its slightly chilly and foggy, or at night. The fogginess in the mornings, depending on your area, can really cool you down an it helps me a lot! I also like running at night because it is peaceful and quiet. I do not might running in a light rain, but i hate running in heavy rain!

3. EmilyLovesLife

EmilyLovesLife New Member

I am not a huge fan of running in the dark, so no night or super early mornings. I do enjoy watching the sunrise from my local part though. So I would say right when the sun is coming up. I live in North Hollwood California and the summers here can be HORRIBLE when it comes to heat! So running before the intense heat sets in is a must. I also love taking advantage of our very few rainy days. Its so refreshing! Glad we have that in common!

4. edz26

edz26 Member

Early in the morning before the sun comes out, my perspiration is came from the heat of my body not from the heat of the sun. And at night the puff of air is cool and calm make me feel more relax those are my perfect weather for running.

5. Mane

Mane New Member

I enjoy running early in the morning specific time is at 4-5 am, It feels more energize by starting my day running and jogging until the sun rises. It feels great when you start your day by sweating all those fats and carbs you took yesterday. :)