Favorite Skincare Products?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Erica Tanner, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Erica Tanner

Erica Tanner New Member

Hey all:

Recently my skin has been acting up, and I think its prime time that I put together a skincare routine. That being said, I only use Cetaphil cleanser and coconut oil afterwards to moisturize, and I don't think it's working for my skin. So what are your personal favorite skincare products? Did they help clear up acne, scarring, etc? Thanks for posting!

2. Willowstar

Willowstar New Member

My favourite skin care products are a range of products developed and produced here in South Africa. The company is called Aloe Ferox and their products are preservative free. They are made from Aloe Ferox plant sap and leaves and they are suitable for all skin types. I have a very sensitive skin and have battled for many years to find the perfect skincare range. No need to worry anymore, I have finally found the perfect match!

3. mattmn232

mattmn232 New Member

I used to have really bad acne until I started cleansing my face with a mild cleanser and afterwards applying benzoyl peroxide cream to my entire face. It took a long time for it to actually work to the full potential, but once it did the results were amazing! It dries my face a bit, so I do use a regular moisturizer.

4. BriJenell

BriJenell New Member

I used to have moderate acne, which scarred my face up pretty bad. After a lot of trial and error, I finally found what works for me. X-Out. My skin is clearer than ever before. And my breakouts have been reduced from maybe five pimples all over my face to about two every once and awhile. I was surprised it worked so well. Now I will say I would like a more natural and less expensive product. I used coconut oil as a moisturizer and it didn't work well for me either.

5. Kenya Friday-Clark

Kenya Friday-Clark New Member

My favorite skin care products are hyaluronic acid and collagen in water, lotion, and creams. I also love activated charcoal soap on my face so I don't ever get acne!

6. We are having the hottest summer ever and it is enough to burn the skin. My skin becomes too much oily so i use to apply " Fair And Handsome " on my face. It has sun block and natural rose water in it. It keeps the skin fresh and fair. This cream is for make. In my opinion best cream for woman is " Fair And lovely " . We must apply some sunblock or fairness cream before going out.

7. Jenny Dy

Jenny Dy New Member

I've been using "Vichy Cosmetics" for the past 2 years already. It's a premium skincare brand under L'Oreal. Their products really suit my skin as they are gentle and effective. My favorite item is their PH Balancing Thermal Water. My face would always feel refreshed after spraying! [​IMG]

I also love their Double Glow Peel Mask. It has an instant brightening effect after just one use. :)[​IMG]

I recommend this brand and their products! :thumbsup:

rosebud1 and Chiari like this.
  8. Aaliyah Miller

Aaliyah Miller New Member

One my favorite skincare products has to be bio-oil is works great with scars and acne marks.

9. honestymatters

honestymatters New Member

I have extensive experience with this problem. I was a complete pizza face in high school. My acne was so bad, washing my face four to five times a day was normal. I had no friends and used lots of skin care medication. My advice is trying Pro Active and staying away from greasy, fatty, and sugary foods. It is not a perfect fit for everyone, but it is worth a shot. I have seen my cousin benefit from using that product. My own acne has vanished now, but mainly to my diet. Avoiding particular foods, use moderation, and hopefully you will see some favorable results.

10. Efasts

Efasts New Member

My favorite skin care product is.... NOTHING! Well, not really.

My favorite is coconut oil. I try to keep it simple, and basic, as I have psoriasis and any additional products irritate my skin. I am a firm believer that we consume the products we place on our skin internally, and thats another reason I like to keep my skin care products simple and edible.

11. Lei Nichole

Lei Nichole Member

I would recommend any of Avon's skincare products. I also love the Cetaphil moisturizer for face and body, that stuff is the truth! I was actually surprised at how well it worked. Cetaphil is great for sensitive skin and it is VERY moisturizing and I heard that many pro makeup artists use it under makeup.

12. CJ Deala

CJ Deala New Member

Theres a lot of great products but the most healthy and natural way of cleaning your face is cocnut oil, honey and turmeric, vinegar, and baking soda makes the skin very soft and strong healthy skin.

13. lightcarlisle

lightcarlisle New Member

I love now solutions rosehip oil because aside makes my skin renew and makes my skin smooth and it is anti-aging the only about that is product that is smells like roasted seeds.

14. onpointpaul

onpointpaul New Member

[​IMG] Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar has definitely been my choice for years, living in the tropics has its challenge but this carefully designed bar makes that seem effortless, this always helps my face from oily sweat glands and gives me a more calm and clean look. :thumbsup::):whistle:

15. Aiesha Saleem

Aiesha Saleem Member

My favorite skin care product is Shea Butter. I use it on my hair, skin and it even works great at a ilp conditioner. Shea Butter can be melted down to make an oil. It is rich moisture and last long.

16. WDavGolz145

WDavGolz145 New Member

Coconut Oil is one of the most beautifying oils in existence. Great to use from head to toe. Leaves the skin feeling very soft and supple, especially after a warm bath. Also acts as a carrier oil for all types of plant essential oils. Just the best!

Chiari likes this.
  17. roxanam84

roxanam84 Member

My favorite skincare product is pure Aloe Vera gel. I use it as a mask every night. I apply it on my face and let it work for about 20 minutes. After that I clear it out with some water. I tried all kinds of expensive creams but this works the best. It is a great way to hydrate the skin and reduce or prevent wrinkles.

Chiari likes this.
  18. latifa007

latifa007 New Member

My skin used to be oily and started changing toward combination as i get older.so the products that used to work for me before does not cut it anymore. Before i was all about squeaky clean but now i am more about hydration and anti aging .
    my favorite products now are coconut oil,i use it to take off my make up and hydrate my under eye area ,vitamin c serum to lighten dark spot and prevent free radicals from damaging my skin

19. Herbert64

Herbert64 New Member

There's no one solution to fit all. If there is scarring no topical products will reverse this. Underlying hormonal problems need to be identified and addressed too. However, Retin A is very effective for almost all acne cases and in the long term has an anti aging effect.

20. Santina Branch

Santina Branch New Member

I have been using Neem Cream by TheraNEEM Naturals for about two years now. I love this cream I use it at night and in the evening. The cream is so moisturizing, light weight and leaves my skin glowing. It contains all natural ingredients, does not have a heavy scent, and is great for sensitive skin. Its main components are orange peel and ylang ylang which are packed with antioxidants!

21. shavon0979

shavon0979 New Member

For acne and acne scarring I have found that the best products that have salicylic acid, glycolic or lactic acids give the best results. These ingredients are the same ones found in those expensive facials that you get at spas. The only difference is that the percentage of the ingredient is less than what the spa uses so it will take a little longer to use. The line Peter Thomas Roth is a great one and can be found at Sephora.

22. april.hunt

april.hunt New Member

I am currently obsessed with Korean skincare. And my favorite product is Sheet masks. There is a wide variety of sheet- masks available in the US market. You can choose one that caters to your skin type and skin issues. It is super convenient,affordable and gives great results. A must try. Readily available on Amazon.

23. pandafox

pandafox New Member

It really takes a lot of trial and error to find your perfect skincare routine. I personally prefer multi-tasking products to extensive regimens, because they are easier to stick with. So each night I cleanse with Micellar cleansing water, which is really inexpensive and available at all drug stores. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't dry it out, which is important if you are worried about acne or oil, since drying contributes to these issues. I follow that with Crème de la Mer. It's a pricey product, but you only have to use a tiny amount to get fantastic results. It's moisturizing and fights signs of aging over time.

I also really love light Argan Oil from Josie Maran to freshen my face in the morning. It creates a smooth canvas for makeup and prevents flaking.

Chiari likes this.
  24. Chiari

Chiari New Member

Hi everyone! I tend to use a cream with vitamin C and sunscreen during the day and a cream with retinol at night. La Roche-Possay has excellent products to cover all the skin needs and so does Vichy.

As a general rule, I clean my skin with a cleanser. In the past, I used to do it with a gel textured cleanser until I discovered the wonders of the micellar water and different oils. I also prepare a homemade blend of different oils (my favorite one is hip rose). Then I apply a thermal water spray as a toner. The most popular brands are Vichy, Avene and La Roche-Possay, but if I had to choose one, I'd choose the latter (I find it more refreshing). Then I apply a cream or serum to moisturize, nourish and treat the fine lines. For the eye contour my #1 pick is La Prairie, but if you're on a budget The body shop has a fantastic Vitamin E eye cream.

For those who can read Spanish, I recommend you an Argentinean blogger/instagrammer known as Fruticienta, she's a skin guru!

Bonne chance!

25. ahwang

ahwang New Member

Right now, I have been loving my Foreo combined with Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea cleanser. Then, I use a Mario Badescu toner on a cotton pad. For moisturizer, I just use a plain moisturizer with SPF and mix in a few drops of face oil. I also wake up with a softer, fresher face.

26. ZoeBeckworth

ZoeBeckworth New Member

I have struggled with acne for almost 10 years. I have tried tons of acne face washes and acne treatment systems. From neutrogena to Proactive, but nothing seemed to work well. I did everything I was supposed to do. I washed my face twice a day, I used astringents and toners, I exfoliated and moisturized, but that was never enough. I only drank water and tons of it. I also took vitamins. I even spent hundreds of dollars seeing a dermatologist. Nothing worked until I saw a friend who also struggled with acne and her skin was amazingly clear. I asked her what she was using and she said panoxyl. I had never heard of this product before, but I was anxious to try it. I found it at my local walmart and it worked wonders. The only draw back of this product is that it is so strong that it left my skin very dry even though I have oily skin. I had to make sure to moisturize very well to combat the dryness from the face wash.

27. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks New Member

There are many simple skincare products, which I use on regular basis. As my skin is very sensitive and reacts negatively to almost any commercial product, I prefer to use raw organic products, which I can easily get in my kitchen. As a face-wash, I use cheap baking soda and raw honey. Aloe vera, cucumber juice and coconut oil are perfect moisturisers.Ony of my favourite DIY treatments, which keeps my skin healthy, glowy and acne-free is a mixture of turmeric powder and milk, which I apply on my face twice a week.

28. Kaitlyn Scott

Kaitlyn Scott New Member

Nerium is hands down my favorite skin care line. I would never use any other skin product. Nerium has a day cream and night cream. Within two days of using both the products, I saw improvement in my skin. Now that I have been using the products for six months, I have seen a HUGE improvement. I no longer have acne and my acne scars are almost gone. The dark circles under my eyes are gone. My skin feels and looks so much better. I do have the say that products are pricey. But then again, you get what you pay for. I do not ever recommend buying it off Amazon. I ordered it off Amazon and received a knock off product. Order from a Nerium Consultant for the real product.

29. lunatike

lunatike New Member

The product that totally changed my skin care routine and generally my skin is micellar water. My cosmetologist recommended it, since my skin is combination type and face cleansers made my skin very thick, dry from the inside. Before starting to use micellar water, I had pimples, white bumps, blackheads, whiteheads. Literally everything, which was very annoying, because every type of these disturbing thingies need different products to cover up or to reduce them! Micellar water helped me to reduce pimples and blackhead, extra oil while not drying up my skin. Of course, it is not a miracle, I do not have a porcelain skin now, but it is definitely better than it was before.

30. Triddle

Triddle New Member

My favorite skincare products have got to be supplements. I am a firm believer that caring for your skin from the inside out is more important than topical treatments. The best supplement I've taken (and continue to take) is Pycnogenol (french maritime pinebark extract). It is full of powerful antioxidants and I found that my skin started glowing within 4 months of taking it daily. It also helps with my post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation.