Finding a good writing site

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Challenges' started by harijobs, Jul 19, 2017.

1. harijobs

harijobs New Member

Nowadays it is very difficult to find a good writing site that pays you well. I started my work as a freelance writer with a site called Writerbay. Everything went pretty well and since I was a fresher and inexperienced to the online working I was suspended after a month because of my poor grammar and poor writing skills. After that, till today I am not able to find a good writing site like that. How about you guys? How do you feel about writing online these days?

morejapino likes this.
  2. Gratiano

Gratiano Member

What kind of texts did you try to write?

3. Cindy5967

Cindy5967 New Member

I am interested in writing but I have always thought I was to old to start a career in writing. Where would be a good place to start.

4. Gratiano

Gratiano Member

Honestly, I am a newbie... Age is of minor or no importance at all in writing. All ages have authors and audiences, indifferent to age. The topic is most important. What would you like to write?

5. Cindy5967

Cindy5967 New Member

There is so much to write about. I just wrote an article about my city. It was short but I think it was pretty good. I also like history and stuff like that. I watch the new all the time so I think I might like writing about current events. There are so many options. So do you like fiction or non fiction? And where is a good place to start?

6. Gratiano

Gratiano Member

I have no idea where to start from but if you like history, then you may be of assistance. Are you interested in article writing or a book author is what you have in mind?
    I prefer fiction books, science fiction is my favourite genre with isaac asimov as an idol. Yet, I have more options as my favourite ones. Non fiction ones are quite difficult to read, they are more of studying(I have in mind biographies, contemporary history, science and such)... and I adore reading lying on the sofa or bed! :) If I have to sit on a chair or on the sofa, then this means studying!

7. Cindy5967

Cindy5967 New Member

I decided that I would like to write articles. I signed up for textbroker and I wrote an article on sightseeing in my city. Well i really enjoyed it and I think I did good. So from now own I am going to focus on article writing. What do you think about that.

8. Gratiano

Gratiano Member

Articles are very interesting, especially if you have excellent command of a language you can transform a keyboard into a weapon! :) May I see your article?

9. Sharon Lopez

Sharon Lopez New Member

I am writing for several sites, like HubPages, ExpertsColumn, and my own blog. For someone who is not a native English speaker, it is really difficult for me to write in that language. My vocabulary is limited and there are instances that I could not seem to find the perfect word for the idea I wanted to discuss. Reading other blogs and articles written by seasoned writers had helped me along the way. I am also using online tools to check on my grammar. with this, I am confident in my writing skill although I know I need more practice.

10. Noah1

Noah1 New Member

Alas this was an obstacle I had to contend with for time immemorial, especially as it pertained to my nationality.

I naturally have an enthusiasm for writing political and social articles, mostly based on my knowledge on the local politics of my country Nigeria. However, I realized that the opportunities which came with such a demesne of freelance writing in my country were quite incommensurate and unsatisfactory. I also subsequently discovered that this was not just the case in my area of expertise alone but elsewhere, as long as the patronization was confined to my country.

Here was my solution, I simply decided to broaden and diversify my grasp of my preferred demesne and other demesnes of freelance writing. I then made concerted efforts to appeal to more foreign freelancing sites and take advantage of the international freelancing market and voila, that was my way out.
    I have also opted for foreign language programs in order to improve my versatility in working with other international languages and it is definitely starting to pay off.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  11. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix New Member

I have tried many freelance writing sites such as iwriter, uvocorp,ace my homework and hub pages.I have been kicked out severally due to poor ratings but I work hard to improve my ratings and become a great writer.I believe freelance writing is a good field to invest your time in.It really pays.I would like a mentor to guide me through freelance writing and help me succeed.It would be really appreciated.

I have always wondered where I can get freelance writing training and tips for better quality articles.For those of us who are good at it,mind lending a helping hand?

12. mmarkum

mmarkum New Member

Building a writing career takes as much work as anything else. Content mills like Textbroker are good. That's what I primarily use! I like the fact there is always work. They always pay on time and the instructions from the client are clear. Plus, they offer you the opportunity to make extra if you pass their proofreading test and allow clients to contact you directly if they liked your work. Freelancer and Upwork are competitive too, but you can always market there. Otherwise, write, reach out and understand that the worst they can say is no. If you don't put yourself out there, people won't see you. You just have to be tenacious and keep trying.

13. sirfreelancealot

sirfreelancealot New Member

In order to find good writing sites, you must do your research well, especially if the writer is looking to earn from their writings. First one must determine if the writing site provides the writer with unlimited work which will ensure the writer can earn a substantial amount of money for their efforts. That the site has tutorials so that the writer can improve on their writing skills. Which, can enable the writer to advance to more lucrative assignments.

14. pager

pager New Member

There are lots of freelancers out there than ever before. Sites such as fiverr, upwork are places you can start. But the competition is tough and you need to really up your writing skills in order to make some income.

15. cherri

cherri New Member

I've never written online for a site before, but I'm interested to try! I've had private clients before, where I've written various things but those were all people who either knew me personally or who I was recommended to by someone who knew me. From what I've seen with these content mill sites, I wouldn't expect to make a living writing for them, but they seem like a steady source of extra income!

16. SantosVB

SantosVB Member

I am an English native and I know the English language very well and I am really interested in freelance writing but my issue is with credibility and even when I find a commendable source, the acceptance process is somewhat gruelling in that, they ask you to complete numerous test and practices and after you submit your application you wait months and months to hear from them or never hear form them again, so I am thinking about starting my own blog on a website but I am not in a position currently to make investments.

17. Noel Angeles

Noel Angeles Member

I recently tried looking for writing jobs and nil, most of them are just trying to scam you in doing their work without getting paid. I'm talking about ghostwriting and it seems that there's an oversupply of writers nowadays.

18. charles2reality

charles2reality New Member

Well, the answer depends. What do you mean by "good writing site"? You have to consider a lot of factors when deciding if a freelancing writing

• Are you looking for a site that offers better pay per word or article?
    • Are you looking for a site that pays fast?
    • Are you looking for a site that offers better quality assignments?
    These are questions you should think about when you're testing a freelancing writing site.

One other tip: Before you join a new freelancing writing site, always read reviews. You will get a preview of all of the potential problems you could have with a new site.