Finding a good writing site

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Challenges' started by harijobs, Jul 19, 2017.

1. discorpion

discorpion New Member

I am a freelance web writer and now have private clients. However, in the beginning, I signed up with various agencies, some of which are known as "content mills." Unfortunately, the pay is incredibly low, but they are a way to learn some necessary skills. I can recommend Boost Content, Great Content, Copify, Textbroker and Constant Content. Always be aware that you are expected to pass spelling and grammar tests, plus write an article on a topic of their choice, before being accepted.

2. maryloida

maryloida New Member

I always love to write stories and article but I don't fine a good site that pays me well , if you guys have any suggestion feel free to reply I would appreciate it and it will help me a lot.

I do home based jobs because I can't commute everyday due to my poor health so I'am trying my best to do anything just to help my family

3. bigredcar

bigredcar New Member

Finding decent paying work as a freelance writer is hard for newbies but seems to get easier as you get more experienced. There are many freelance writers earning six-figure salaries. I'm still a newbie, so, unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as a lot of posters on this thread.

It's especially disheartening to know that even when you find a gig that has a steady supply of work, you're more than likely going to be severely underpaid for your hard work. I don't quite understand why these content mills don't respect what writers do and end up paying mere cents for lengthy articles. To write well isn't easy - most people can't even write a grammatically correct sentence, let alone 500-1000 words.

I wish everyone luck on their freelance writing journey.

4. phanuruch

phanuruch New Member

Finding a reputable site, leave alone a site that pays for your content is becoming very rare nowadays. It looks like almost every other site wants free content or wants to pay peanuts for high-quality work. Or maybe it is me being a skeptic.

Rather than seek for a good writing site which in my opinion is rare, you are better off creating your own blog and posting your work there.

5. ElSch7

ElSch7 New Member

Take your time when considering sites that pay money for your writing work. Consider signing up to a few and getting familiar with them one at a time. Remember that writing mill sites will pay less but the work they publish for you can also make great references down the road. Higher paying sites often you to have a blog or at least references of prior published writing. Don't forget to pay attention to site reviews. A Google search of top writing sites will give you days worth of info to contemplate and sites to consider.