Gain weight even with lots of exercise

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Karl Ico, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Karl Ico

Karl Ico New Member

I want to know what can I do to gain weight even though I do lots of exercise and have no plans on reducing them. Thankyou!

2. wezegan

wezegan New Member

Hello Karl! First of all, there are two kinds of gaining weight, you can gain weight by eating a lot of carbohydrates and gaining fat! Or you can gain weight by eating proteins and doing exercises! At the beginning you will start to loose a little bit of weight because you are "burning" or consuming fatty acids, then If you are doing the exercises correctly and eating proteins you will start to gain muscle mass and even gain a lot of weight! Remember! There are two types of weight, fat weight and muscle weight! Have a nice day.

3. Krystyl Chwa

Krystyl Chwa New Member

Have your eating patterns changed at all since you've started working out? When I began increasing my daily exercise, I found that I would build up a bigger appetite and eat a lot more food than I would had I not been exercising. I'd suggest balancing your diet to match your current exercise routine. Make sure you're eating a lot of protein to help with muscle growth and healthy carbohydrates for energy to help with post-work out recovery. The weight gain can also be from developing stronger muscles! Try taking before and after photos as you work out. Your weight might not change on the scale, but you'll see the progress on your body!

4. twiste9

twiste9 New Member

You should calculate your daily calorie needs (there are plenty websites for that) and eat 300-400 calories above that.
    It's calories in vs calories out. If you eat more then you spend you'll gain weight. That being said, you need to watch out what kind of calories do you take. It's important that you get enough proteins (1 gram per lb), 20-35% of your calories should be fats and fill the rest with carbs but avoid liquid carbs and sugars in large amounts.

5. rjohndava86

rjohndava86 New Member

You can still gain weight even you are doing lots of exercise if your lifestyle is not correct. Lifestyle such as what are the food you take, the amount of food you take. Kindly monitor your intake so that the exercise you are doing and your effort will not be wasted. You should also know your BMI or the body mass index for you to have a target weight. Another factor that may contribute why you are not decreasing your weight even you are doing your exercise well and having correct eating habit, you may have imbalance hormones. If you are experiencing it better to consult your physician.

6. David_Sp

David_Sp New Member

Track your calories and make sure your eating in a surplus- if you don't gain weight just increase your calories.

7. CatherineEsco31

CatherineEsco31 New Member

Healthy diet and exercise is the key. As what they say, "ABS is created in the kitchen, not in the GYM!". Your caloric intake does matter especially your goal is to have a much leaner physic. Go for greens, fruits, vegetables and fiber. It works all the time. If you feel like shit after workout then eat oats or something something heavy without big caloric content. Alternatives are always great. You can search your local supermarket for fresh produce. Cooking your own food and being away from junk foods is a sacrifice.

On the other hand, body builders does required a big caloric intake since their workout routine pretty hard.

8. kiranarba

kiranarba New Member

You should try to raise your calorie intake. If you eat a lot of vegetables and find it hard to increase your calorie intake, incorporating oil(s) in your diet is an easy way to raise your calorie intake.

9. ianmark123

ianmark123 New Member

Hi! I want to point out that it depends on your physical body whether you're overweight or skinny. Nevertheless exercise are meant to burn calories or energy in your body that's why you feel tired when exercising. Therefore, when you're gaining weight it's either fat or muscle. When you are eating more than you burn that will definitely change to fats because fats are stored energy.

10. GGGRRR

GGGRRR New Member

I would advise looking at your diet to see if you can cut out any sugars. If you think your gaining the wrong type of weight, fat, not muscle, cut down on processed and sugary foods. I've had a similar thing happen were I would be doing a ridiculous amount of exercise, but still be gaining weight because I would have cake or cookies with nearly every meal.

11. I agree. First, you will have to figure out the kind of body you would like to have. Whether you will like to gain six abs (or a lean and toned body) or is it just purely losing weight and fat. This is because this will determine the kind of diet and exercise you will have to implement. However, regardless, you will have to take care of your diet.

1. Do you usually consume sweet or snacks? You will have to cut down on that.

2. How much sugary content do you consume? Reduce

Basically, you will have to cut down on simple carbs (eg, sugary contents) and try to take on complex carbs. Also, increase your protein intake. These tips will help you lose fat and more muscle mass.

12. romilda

romilda Member

Yes, it will really happen if you will not have a proper diet.

13. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

What matters most is what you eat after you workout whether you exercise alot or not. The fuel (both quantity and quality) you injest will affect the results. I have done both ways throughout the years. There was a time I had to gain weight cause of the goals I had to achieve in order to perform in a sports event. Then another time I had to lose weight cause I got into obstacle course races.

14. RyokuMuzashi

RyokuMuzashi New Member

It doesn't actually matter if you do a lot of exercise or not. To gain weight, you need to have a calorie surplus. First, you need to know how much calorie you need to eat per day. There's a lot of calorie calculator online, you could just google them easily. Second, you need to count your daily calorie intake. You can install an application called MyFitnessPal for this. You must input every food that you will eat to give an accurate computation of your calories. Just follow it and you will definitely gain some lean mass

15. snesz08

snesz08 Member

Having a balanced diet and proper exercise for me. it doesn't matter if you do exercise but eat a lot of food after. you should have discipline to your body, avoid unhealthy habits and don't mind stress.

16. Hayciel

Hayciel New Member

I also am having a hard time in gaining weight, I am trying so hard but to no avail.
    But still I'm trying until now, proteins do help a lot, and you have to exercise as well. Those two has to go together I think. After 3 whole months of doing this, I gained 500 grams, its not that much, but I was really happy about it. So just continue what you are doing and I think you will be fine.
    For me gaining weight and losing it is at the same level.
    It is extremely difficult.

17. AkTel

AkTel New Member

Scientists often believe that the key to weight is 80% diet, and 20% exercise. Perhaps the type of exercise you do is more fit to gaining weight, such as building muscle, or if you do heavy cardio-reliant exercises like football, then diet may be your problem! The key concept of losing weight is a caloric deficit, this means that you are consuming less calories than what is required for you to maintain weight. You can calculate the average calories you need online, if you need help, and usually websites have a "lose weight" caloric option.

18. Aum

Aum New Member

As said by others, you can't outrun your fork meaning you can't 'burn' a 600 calorie burger, for example. You get abs by dieting