Gaining a Following

Discussion in 'Writing for Blogs' started by KierstenRives, Dec 21, 2018.

1. KierstenRives

KierstenRives New Member

Are you interested in how you can gain a following on your blog? It's not hard. There are a few simple steps that you can follow to ensure people will return to your blog. All of these steps work for me!

First, you need to plan. It doesn't have to be a lot of planning. Make a list of topics you would like to write about. Then, choose a topic and write out the subject of each paragraph. Once you start writing, you can refer back to your sketch for ideas and reminders.

Second, you need to find quality pictures. It is nice to take your own pictures but if you are terrible at photography, there are stock photo websites. I personally like to use Pixabay. Most of the photos are free and don't require attribution.

Next, you need to think about SEO. SEO is Search Engine Optimization. This is very important! SEO makes sure your posts show up on search engines. It's a great way to bring readers to your website. SEO includes tagging photos, using the right keywords, categorizing your posts, and writing post descriptions. Do not skip this step! You can find great articles about SEO on Pinterest.

Now, it is time to proofread what you wrote. Make sure your grammar is correct. Doublecheck your spelling. You can even use websites such as Grammarly and Hemingway Editor to edit your posts. Also, read your post out loud to make sure it flows.

Be authentic! Authenticity is key in gaining followers. Nobody wants to read something that sounds scripted and fake. If you don't like a product you are reviewing, say so. Don't paste a fake smile on your face and rave about it if you hate it.

Finally, interact with your readers. I find this really helps draw people to my blog. I make sure I respond to all comments. I also reach out to other bloggers and comment on their posts. I make sure those comments are relevant to what they posted. People appreciate somebody who interacts. It goes along with being authentic.

I hope my tips were helpful and that you will be able to use them to gain more readers! Let me know what you do to draw people in.

2. gagarindes

gagarindes New Member

This is great advice from You, Kiersten. My big dream is to have a blog with jokes. I have so many ideas for jokes all the time so I was thinking to make money this way. As I assume it will be a long and difficult road but it is worth to follow your passion. Can You write how should I approach this topic?

3. KierstenRives

KierstenRives New Member

It will be long and hard but if you put the work into it, it's worth it! My advice is to just go for it. There are plenty of free websites out there that you can start a blog on. The main thing is to just start! Create your blog and write something! Then write at least once a week. You'll soon find that you want to log on and write. The followers will come if you keep at it. :)