Going to movies Alone or with someone?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by apjaromamay, Jan 30, 2019.

?

Will you go to the movies Alone or Not?

1. Alone

25.0%
  2. Accompanied

75.0%
  1. indigoralon

indigoralon New Member

I went to the movies alone a few times, but only because I was on a film jury for a local company at the time. It wasn't a bad experience, however, I definitely prefer to go with friends. That way you can share the experience with someone close to you.

2. juanherrera10

juanherrera10 New Member

I feel that it just depends on who you are going to go with. if you are going to go with someone who will not have a good time with then its better to go alone and make sure that you don't have someone there that will bother you.

3. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

someone but is feel

1 person likes this.
  4. JaniceA

JaniceA Member

i love watching movies with my friends or family. I love sharing the moment with them.

5. MarcFrancis

MarcFrancis New Member

I'd like to watch movie with someone, it's more fun than watching movie alone.

6. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

I love going to Movies with someone or with my daughter and husband.IM a realistic ,funny and talkative person so i rather watch with friends and family.While watching movies i loved to talk & explain to them whats going on tackle important detail with the film.From my side i felt happy and complete if i express my feeling regarding the movie especially with important and notable messages which is applicable in REAL Life.

1 person likes this.
  7. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

I like going for movies alone ,by this i fill more comfortable .Secondly, my friends are not fun of movies so cant accompany me.

8. Allanjohn30

Allanjohn30 Member

If the movie that I am going to watch is for educational or research purposes, I would rather watch it alone because I can really focus on the details and I can achieve my objectives on that movie. But if I am going to watch a movie for leisure and entertainment purposes, I would watch it with my family, friends or anyone who agreed to watch with me.

Watching movie is one of the best ways to release stress, it could be a treat for yourself or to someone, and it is a best way also to strengthen the relationship of your family.

9. Joel2019

Joel2019 Member

I am comfortable with the two options, me and why wife are both moviegoers. We love watching movies together or we can simply call it dating. But also we had each others likes and we respect it. there is much pleasure watching movies in big screens. Sometimes I do watch movies alone especially when I knew that the kind of movie I was going to watch is more on my interest than of my wife. And she totally understands it. We may have different comfort zones in watching, but the good thing is we enjoyed it.

10. I love watch movies with someone. It's more exciting and fun to watch, you can talk to each other share you thought or opinion about the movie. I feel that i am not alone. It's a kind of bonding for me to watch with someone.

11. Twinklebisnar

Twinklebisnar Member

Going to movies with someone so you can share your thoughts and feelings about the movies.

12. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

When I am doing something bad I prefer to be alone because I will have company later on. hahaha. No just kidding, I always go to movies with my loved one. We are both movie lovers and we appreciate movies that are more engaging. We also don't have any genre as long as the actors are credible. I mean anything like comedy, horror, action, sci-fi, drama as long as we get the true emotion of the story.

13. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Most of the time, I prefer to watch a movie alone. I get to do what I want to do while watching the movie. I could really enjoy the movie without being distracted. I feel more comfortable while I get entertained by what I am watching. When I am watching with another person, I have to make adjustments for that person and I don't get enjoy what I am watching. That's why I rather watch a movie by myself.

14. doudou

doudou New Member

I prefere going to movies with a friend or more and also with my children. This way I can enjoy watching the film and can discuss its subjet once out of the movie and have different opinions.

15. rustypaller

rustypaller Member

When people see a person in movie theater alone, they assume just one thing, how lonely he/she is.

16. beckertani

beckertani Member

I prefer be with someone. I am really a silent type of person but I like to be with people. I enjoy the companionship especially with a close friend or family.

17. Catutzy

Catutzy New Member

When I was unmarried I was going to the movie myself.
    After marriage I go with my wife to the cinema and, more recently, I go with my children to watch movies.
    Nice is that I started to rediscover the cartoons :))

18. breego

breego New Member

If it's a movie where you know people will be cheering in the theater like the Avengers then I don't mind going with someone. But if it's something like Interstellar then I'm not really sure of the person I'm with will even enjoy the movie. I'm sure this has happened to everyone where you know the person you are with is not into the movie but you have to keep watching it and it becomes a horribly awkward and uncomfortable experience.
    So, I make it a rule to usually watch a movie alone, may it be in theater or home.

19. Anjin

Anjin Member

I never tried going to the cinema alone. I always have a companion, but at home, I can watch multiple movies alone. I enjoy it more watching alone. I can concentrate on what I'm watching, I can react without anyone being annoyed.

20. KJlullaby

KJlullaby New Member

I enjoy going to the movies with family and friends because they make the best of everything.

21. Omojesu

Omojesu New Member

I love to go to the movies with someone,it could be a friend,neighbour or even my sister.

22. AlexJBoyd

AlexJBoyd New Member

I almost always prefer to go alone. I'm not sure why, but that way I can get a more unmediated and authentic viewing experience, and I can generally reflect on the movie more clearly afterwards. This is obviously more the case for thought-provoking movies.

Action movies and comedies, though, are generally best viewed with friends, families, whoever! :)

23. JesReen

JesReen Member

No need to ask. Ofcourse with someone especially friends! The more the merrier and happier. I prefer watching comedy or fantasy movies at the theater with friends. Never have i ever tried to be with a special someone watching thus i don’t quite know how to answer

24. apolinske28

apolinske28 New Member

I went to see Braveheart alone when I was 21 years old. I was going through depression and other problems at the time and I literally had no friends and no girlfriend. When I first walked in the theater I found a seat near wall so that couples wouldn't sit near me. I felt like a total loser and like everyone in the theater was talking about me, but that was obviously not true. After the movie started I felt much better and did actually enjoy the movie. I remember leaving immediately at the end so that it was still dark and nobody would see my face. I decided to get some friends at that point.

25. leony13

leony13 Member

Exactly! Enjoyed if we have a family member, friends, and relatives watching movies.

26. jaykenth

jaykenth Member

Its better when you have someone to talk to after the movie and review what happened. In during those times, you will learn that you might have missed some of the details on the movie that your friend/partner have noticed.

27. idking212

idking212 Member

with someone it is more fun to get out from the movie and talk about him

28. remotay1

remotay1 New Member

Alone, because it is more relaxing and I can appreciate the movie more since my focus is just on the movie. It is a nice treat to yourself, relaxing, just watching movie alone, eating. But some may not like it but I love being alone because it gives me more peacefulness.

29. vivekvalsan

vivekvalsan New Member

Its always best to go along with someone as you can discuss about the movie on what you liked and disliked. All humans are critics and every has an opnion always and its best when its discussed.

30. moemen55

moemen55 Member

i dont like going with some one in general, but some people i really love going with