Google? Best search engine?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by beth466, Feb 1, 2019.

1. beth466

beth466 New Member

Google is the most widely used search in the world, it holds the total share of 87% of total search engine usage. Following are the features that I think made google as unique:
    1. Extract millions of details in seconds.
    2. Available in almost all the countries
    3. Multi lingual
    4. SEO friendly
    5. Products are unique and easy to access from the search like Gmail, Google Drive, etc…
    6. Search includes text, image and voice.
    7. Google Map integrated with google search is also plus to the product.
    8. Continuous algorithm update to provide best result to the users and much more.

2. jaycercanlas

jaycercanlas New Member

Yes! They are the best SE in the internet. Every time I ask someone about this, they also have the same answer. I tried so many SE across the internet and I really find google the most simple and user friendly. It does the job really well.

3. zyredtop

zyredtop New Member

Google is by far the best search engine on the internet. It is user-friendly and easy to use. It is also accessible.

4. leodavid09

leodavid09 Member

Definitely Google... user-friendly interface and widely-used so results are most likely accurate...

5. pceug17

pceug17 Member

Google is the simplest and well-known search engine. It also links to its other services like the Mail, Drive, Docs, Forms, and even Youtube.

6. angeloflight

angeloflight Member

Personally I only use google as my search engine. I tried using other search engine before but it was hopeless. For some reasons I can't find the right results. So I switched back to using google. It is easy to use and most of the time it provides 90% best results. Google is constantly updating and upgrading their system to better help their users.

7. yssachwan

yssachwan Member

Definitely. Google helps filter pop up blocks, search accurate results, and is very user friendly. It's an all in one search engine that has a high level algorithm. Google knows almost everything!

8. Ghaza

Ghaza New Member

Google is the best but whenever I want to get a good information, i prefer YouTube because I even discovered POSTLOOP on youtube. I prefer YouTube because people on YouTube (youtubers) go to google, do research, filter the best information and give it to you in a video format. I really appreciate that.

9. Paxton

Paxton New Member

Yes, i think that's why it is the most used search engine, whats important is that it can be more useful when you learn the techniques of searching, knowing how to search is more important than the search engine you choose in my opinion. Google its a big company, with alot of experience, no doubt it comes up with the best search engine, i think even his database is larger than any other one.

10. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Personally, I think Google’s success came from its desire and ability to provide better quality results for the user. Understanding search intent and finding the most accurate and relevant websites that match each query have allowed Google to stand out from the competition. Online satisfaction is major part of their core business model.

11. mmsveloso07

mmsveloso07 New Member

If you highly prioritize your privacy, I think Google may not be the best search engine for you. There are other search engines that are not saving your browsing history or anything about you for that matter. Some of those search engines are used in the government and some are used by individuals and companies who have spent money for privacy. But if you’re just an ordinary person like me, Google is a good thing because it shows as many websites as possible related to what you’re searching. Most of the time if not, all the time, you do not need to go to the second page to see what you’re looking for.

12. sundarposts

sundarposts New Member

When it comes to search engines, the majority of us don’t even know what other options are available apart from Google. Such is the dominance of Google as a search engine. There are many reasons, why Google is considered to be the leader and the most popular search engine of them all.

Keep it Simple and Clean
    Google’s mantra of keeping it simple and clean goes a long way in it being considered as a favorite search engine. While its competitors load their search page with loads of information, all Google’s search page has is a search field. This gives users the feeling that it is simple and easy to use. Users tend to love things that are simple.

Faster load time
    At this present day and age, users expect information to be served to them at the blink of an eye. Their attention span is so less that even a few seconds of delay could make them drift away. Due to Google's search page not filled with loads of unwanted information, their page loads faster compared to their competitor’s search pages, thereby serving users with the search results at a faster rate.

Google Chrome helps their search engine
    Google Chrome being one of the most popular and widely used browsers goes a long way in making Google’s search engine being one of the best search engines out there in the market today.

There could be so many other reasons, why Google’s search engine is one of the best but from a layman’s point of view, I feel these are the reasons that make Google one of the best.

13. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

List of Top 8 Most Popular Search Engines In the World (Updated 2019)
    • Google.
    • Bing.
    • Yahoo.
    • Ask.com.
    • AOL.com.
    • Baidu.
    • Wolframalpha.
    • DuckDuckGo.

1 person likes this.
  14. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

May be. Its only the search engine I know aside from yahoo.

15. Vinziboi11

Vinziboi11 New Member

I'd be careful in using google search engine as they tend to track your search history. Let's say you searched for a laptop, ever wonder why all of a sudden the ads you are getting are now tech related? This is because google tries to show you ads of possible things you would buy. Portion of the company's profits comes from ads we know that but its scary to know what are the other things they are tracking.

16. lzr9211

lzr9211 New Member

I do not think there would be the best one, and there is only a better one. Every search engine has its own advantages and disadvantages, and they just can provide what their target customers need. I disagree with that Google is the best search engine, and it is a good one but not the best one. It provides a lot of information to its customers, but there are a lot of competitors of it, and they have done the same thing with Google. So Google is a good search engine but not the best one.

17. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

Yes: The google homepage is very simple, easy to use, and loads quickly. It provides users with better results than any other search engines and can find a lot of information quickly. Google shows fewer ads on its homepage than its competitors, Bing and Yahoo.

18. snesz08

snesz08 Member

Yes! google is one of the best search engine for me. you get a lot of information and learn new things. it provides information and details. it is fast and reliable. google gives satisfaction to their users.

19. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

I remember a type where there were several search engines in the internet. Now people only use google. It is easy to navigate and generates a huge amount of data at a short period. I have to admit I rely on it a lot. I find it better than yahoo.com.

20. Yes, i use this everytime i search for something i dont know well.

21. masterryan31

masterryan31 Member

Google is undoubtedly the best search engine in the world. To stay on the top spot since it started is just a clear proof of this claim.
    I believe the main reason why google achieved this is because of the accuracy of it's result, combined with the quickness abd simplicity of the platform.

22. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

Google is the best even i do not know other search engines.

23. Isakft

Isakft Member

Google is an unbeatable search engine.. Yahoo and others can't really stand a chance against Google...

24. khenkhen25

khenkhen25 New Member

Yes. this is actually most default search engine in websites. and it contains almost everything. can access easily, even a person that dont have knowledge on internet can easily use it

25. Felx

Felx New Member

List of Top 5 Best Search Engines in The World
    1. Google. Google Search Engine is the best search engine in the world and it is also one of most popular products from Google. ...
    2. Bing. Bing is Microsoft's answer to Google and it was launched in 2009. ...
    3. Yahoo. ...
    4. Baidu. ...
    5. AOL.

26. Icyflame

Icyflame New Member

Google is by far the largest and most widely used search engine. Google has over 30 trillion unique individual pages. Google also has the highest net worth out of all search engines.

27. RitaT

RitaT New Member

For me I thing Google is the best search engine. It is easy to use, nice format, a lot of information, etc. I tried other ones but it was not the same result. So Google it the best and easy to use.

28. vincedprince

vincedprince Member

Google became the most popular search engine by surpassing the others with both the speed and accuracy of its search results. It now, apart from in China and Russia, is the most used search engine in the world being used for around 60% to 70% of all searches depending on who’s stats you refer to.
    So the answer really is that, as with any product or service, if you are the best, head and shoulders above the competition you will be the most popular.