Got Any Tips for Engaging Content Ideas?

Discussion in 'Writing Digital Content' started by timboston, Oct 27, 2017.

1. timboston

timboston New Member

Sometimes it's a challenge to come up with fresh content ideas for your website or social media presence. One thought that I had was to create engaging content around "national days."

There's a national day for something almost every day of the year. Seriously, check out a National Day Calendar.

National Movie Day? Ask your followers what their favorite movie is. National Chocolate Day, ask them who has the best candy bar.

Just a thought.

2. Jkazzee

Jkazzee New Member

I think this is a decent idea. Now, for keeping an audience engaged, I recommend reading a bunch and sharing new information on whatever topic your blog covers. Converse with your readers and stay abreast of relevant information to keep your blog ahead of the curve.

3. Georgiana

Georgiana New Member

I use the 10x10 Matrix idea to get 100 ideas to research and flesh out in about an hour, at most. The idea is not mine, I just use it, lol

Basically, you write out 10 high-level concepts for your niche. Say your niche is knitting. You would come up with 10 ideas:

1. yarn
    2. needles
    3. cast on methods
    4. castoff methods
    5. patterns
    6. basic stitches
    7. advanced stitches
    8. Techniques
    9. Problems
    10. Giving back

Then for each of those concepts, you come up with 10 ideas based on that concept

1.Yarn
    a. Alpaca
    b. Wool
    c. Acrylics
    d. Cotton
    e. bamboo
    f. Specialty yarn
    g, Plys
    h. Twist
    i. home-spun yarns
    j. weight

The, of course, you pick one of these to flesh out, research and write up as your blog post.

kwwrites likes this.
  4. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

If you're struggling to create engaging and interesting content for your customers, here are tips that can help to make your writing more effective:
    • Use Headers and Sub-headers.
    • Be Concise.
    • Use Graphics.
    • Use Lists.
    • Have a Call to Action.
    • Edit Your Work.
    • Write for Your Audience.
    • Tell a Story.
    • etc

1 person likes this.
  5. Eversor

Eversor New Member

Sex sells every time ;P

6. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

One way is to write engaging content is to write in a language that your potential viewers can understand and relate to. Use keywords that would also help land your site and content on the top of the search list. A knowledge of Search Engine Optimization can contribute in getting more viewers to read about your content. Knowledge of writing is not enough anymore. You also have to know how to put your material out there for everyone to see.