Guitar or Piano?

Discussion in 'Music' started by genesis pabilonia, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Chris4cag

Chris4cag New Member

Piano is a favorite of mine I have played it before and like doing it. I like guitars but never played it before so can’t tell you much about that and it seems hard to play anyway.

2. Anne1529

Anne1529 New Member

I've choose piano, cause i love to play piano. Its relax me a lot everytime i heard a piano pieces played. Guitar is nice too but dont know how to play guitar.

3. pamz-IZg3

pamz-IZg3 New Member

my mom always tells me that when I was a child I really, really wanted a piano.. that I'd beg them to buy me a piano..
    but we were poor, barely making it, that time I didn't know how much a piano was.. but I do remember begging them to buy me a piano. But I can't recall why I did that.. on my high school age.. I begun to fell in love with guitar.. I learned playing guitar self taught.. learned few songs.. then recently beginning to here some piano songs.. now I guess why I didn't what I did when I was child, that I beg my parents to buy me a piano is because I fell in love on how piano sounded.. nowadays there are keyboards that sounded like piano.. now that I'm old I still like piano but I guess I won't be able to become good at it.. my passion for guitars started on high school.. hearing such great musician. producing great music makes me wanna mimic them and trying to learn how they sounded.. how they play their guitars. guitars and piano are great instrument.. each has their own capabilities, guitar is more cheaper than buying a piano..

4. Jesaiah23

Jesaiah23 Member

Guitar because its portable and lightweight. You can bring this anywhere you want. Its easy to play once you've master using it. I really like acoustic song specially when i render a song to God. Sometimes i play love song because it makes me feel better. You can play any song once you master playing it.

5. Woorker32

Woorker32 New Member

For me, its guitar. Because, i know how to use it and its also fit on my personality and its also my hobby.

6. Mitch_24

Mitch_24 Member

7. johndeo16

johndeo16 New Member

For me its easier to learn and memories the notes on a PIANO beacause they repeat in the same pattern across all the keys. It is simply easier to play a note, all you have to do is sit up straight, pick your wrist up, gently curl your fingers and press a key. On guitar the notes and patterns are a little more complex because each strings has a different arrangement of notes.

8. jrmichelle

jrmichelle Member

piano, because ilove piano

9. meatbag

meatbag New Member

I play both instruments and have found them both to be good in different aspects. Guitar is a much more melodic and expressive instrument when playing a solo as the musician is able to articulate the note in different ways. On the other hand, the piano is more versatile because the musician can cover more harmonic combinations compared to the guitar.

10. DiamondAce

DiamondAce New Member

I chose guitar because it seems more exciting and every guitar player can vary the same song in so many different ways but piano personally to me seems more limited and plain.

11. mrzej

mrzej New Member

It depends on the theme/genre of music you enjoy, for me it's 100% piano. You're able to display so many emotions through a piece on the piano. The piano is used in nearly every song nowadays, even if you can't hear it it's there it provides a backing to the structure of the song or it could be the main centrepeice.

Ever since I was young I have enjoyed music and always wanted to learn new instruments, at first I learned the guitar at a local church and played with them, I would say I was a quick learner but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would so I started looking at getting other instruments. The second instrument I got was a Violin I love the sound of them and still play it till this day and it works well in most pieces, at least for my still of music. I started learning the Piano at school, there was never enough space in our house to get one and it's an instrument that I'd hear often. I fell in love with the Piano and would say that I was pretty gifted when it came to playing it starting out, I think my background in music helped but really loving the instruments you play is key.

12. pinkstetho

pinkstetho New Member

Both instruments are beautiful, but I prefer piano. I have a couple years of experience with playing it, and I started playing because of my grandfather who has now passed. In that way, I just have a deeper connection to the piano and the memories that I have from learning how to play it.

13. jay97

jay97 New Member

I know a little bit of guitar that is why I more interested to learn piano .
    Guitar is amazing but piano is just more amazing it is just wonderful. PIANO music give me soothing of relaxation like I am floating in a cloud-nine.

Piano for me is hard to learn and I love to practice it really bad ..
    It is just amazing , amusing and wonderful .

14. jodylee2023

jodylee2023 New Member

Its piano for me. Beacause its me relax. :)

15. Elle Gee

Elle Gee Member

I do love guitar and piano. These instruments are a mood changer. Guitar an piano are good and pleasant to listen. Both are good but I would say piano plays the best for me. The melody of the piano really joins in my mood everytime. Piano might be hard to learn and same as the guitar but piano plays the best.

16. vinzero6

vinzero6 Member

for me guitar according just know I use than on the piano

17. billagbalog

billagbalog New Member

Guitar because you can
    The guitar is beautiful because it is easy to pick and carry and it is a beautiful musica

18. Sierraechodelta

Sierraechodelta New Member

I am a guitar player but I am a frustrated pianist. I just love the elegance playing the piano, and the sound and music it makes is just heavenly. Hearing a song played through the piano makes the sound more emotional and can make the song more intense.

19. AshlynM

AshlynM New Member

I've been playing piano all of my life but would love to start up a new instrument. Piano is very complex. It's also good to play because it instills discipline and determination.

20. Agbalogroa

Agbalogroa New Member

guitar because it creates beautiful sound and you learn a lot of sounds

21. lyz07

lyz07 Member

piano the sounds is so sweet and cute and i love to play a piano its so easy to play and learn the keys.

22. As a piano teacher, theres is naturally going to be some bias here. But after so many years working at Elite Music Academy, Ive been asked hundreds of times about piano vs guitar lessons for a beginner. In short, I believe the piano is easier to start with especially for young kids and adults with little time or patience. Aside from that, there are many pros and cons to learning each instrument first, and it boils down to which sounds the most appealing how hard the student is willing to practice.

For piano students, the learning curve can slow down as they develop the necessary coordination to use both hands on the keys and play different chords and melodies. With guitar, playing tends to get easier over time as students often grasp chords and learn several songs faster than a piano student might. However, this is debatable, as each student has different learning abilities. Enthusiasm for the chosen instrument is also a determining factor in how quickly and easily the student can learn.

Its All About PreferenceFor children, the piano is excellent choice to begin on. It offers more instant gratification for those first few music lessons, it breaks up the music theory, and it still provides a foundation from which they can tackle any instrument later on including guitar.

23. nick2705

nick2705 New Member

That's a tough one but the piano just about edges the guitar and for me it's down to the sheer elegance of the piano. If you've watched the 1998 motion picture "Armageddon", there's a scene in the movie where A.J. (played by Ben Affleck) proposes to Grace (played by Liv Tyler) and in the background an instrumental piano version of Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is playing. That scene simply moved me and it was down to that background piano. So, it's definitely piano for me.

24. bienn05

bienn05 Member

I used to play guitar when I was in High School. I play a normal guitar and a bass guitar in my band at High School. I like playing it but I wanted to try piano. I wanted to learn how to play a piano. There are a lot of songs that are great in piano. I wished I could have a piano someday. I know I could learn by myself through the help of Youtube. There are a lot of tutorials in the Youtube for beginners. I know it because I swear I like to learn how to use it. I am not a good singer so I wanted a piano to sing for me.

25. Jcamp01

Jcamp01 New Member

I choose piano because the different types sound good in every genre

26. Silber13

Silber13 New Member

I actually, learned to play guitar first. I would choose the guitar because it's easy to play fun to learn.

27. enchongrenz

enchongrenz New Member

Some said that it is easier to learn and memorize the notes on a keyboard/piano because it repeats in the same pattern across all the keys. While on the guitar the note pattern are more complex because each string has a different arrangement of note. For a beginners, it is much more difficult to know witch string to use when the pitch goes higher or lower. But for me, I first learn how to play a guitar than the keyboard so its guitar for me.

28. I think, i'll choose guitar. It's a bit hard to learn at first, but eventually, you will like it. A lot. Though, playing Piano is great but i don't know how to play it. I just know how to play guitar. strumming your guitar while singing expresses your feelings and emotion. It relieves my stress and anxiety all together. So, make it a hobby. hope it helps.

29. Yanguria

Yanguria New Member

I've played piano for around a year but then I discovered guitar and my first thought was "holy shit".
    There is something so inspiring about being able to raise the pitch of notes and vibrating them, it's not just a sonic thing but a physical thing, the feeling of the soundboard vibrating against the mouth of your stomach and the chills you get when your fingers glide along the strings.

I just can't go back, I feel more in sync with the guitar and I tend to get its nuances a bit more easily and organically compared to the piano, but alas, I just find it much more difficult to transfer my learnings in terms of music theory from piano to guitar.

The fretboard is ingenious in its design, in how calculated it is and how it can be rationalized in key shapes, still, it pales in comparison to how straightforward the keyboard layout is for the piano.

30. Cloud strife

Cloud strife New Member

I love both guitar and piano but now guitar is my priority coz its easy to have and i can be happy playing guitar all along with my friends.. And you can take your guitar anywhere you go..like if you have gigs or outs..campings ,,guitar is happy to be with..