Hangover Medicine???

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Dominic, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Dominic

Dominic New Member

What is the best remedy for hangover? Have you ever found yourself invited to a party, then you get drunk, and the next day, in the afternoon, you are expected to attend an interview? When you wake up, you are still indulged and you feel lazy and sleepy. How can you end this damn hangover in a mater of hours?

2. jumpergrrl1979

jumpergrrl1979 New Member

Tbloodyhere are two simple cures for a hangover. My favorite is a whole ton of water and something really greasy to eat. The other hangover cure that works for me a Bloody Mary. I try and tell myself that the antioxidants in the bloody are helping heal my body, but really I believe it's just the old " Hair of the Dog " remedy at work.

3. Terablob

Terablob New Member

I know this might be an unpopular opinion and might spark some debate (in that case maybe start a new thread instead of derailing Dominic's?) but if you live in a place where it's legal, the right strains of weed can be an awesome hangover cure. Works even better if you're wise enough to smoke up just before going to sleep after a night of drinking, no hangover whatsoever. I do agree with jumpergrrl in that greasy food is boss.

4. dajmayn

dajmayn New Member

I usually eat a spoonful of protein powder while I'm drinking and that seems to curb a hangover for the next morning, or just a nice protein shake in the morning, just do not use the blender.

5. Megan Bailey

Megan Bailey New Member

There are many misconceptions about why humans get hangovers, why they only effect some individuals, and what the best way to get rid of a hangover is.

Many people believe that the reason we get hangovers is because of a dehydration effect. The truth is, however, is that we don't actually know why they happen. Not knowing why they happen can make it hard to come up with a perfect answer as to how to get rid of them. Hangovers are tricky things and can be different for various people. Age, weight, how much was consumed, how frequently the person drinks, and the type of drinks consumed all will have an effect.

Some tips that can help a hangover should be considered though. For example, eating a breakfast that avoids too much starch, fat or grease is incredibly helpful. Individuals typically go for the greasiest food possible the next morning, but in reality it will make a hangover worse. Eating a healthy meal full of fruits, veggies and water is the way to go. Taking another short nap after breakfast is also a helpful tip.

6. kodakan-wtQC

kodakan-wtQC New Member

To my understanding, the intake of alcoholic drinks dehydrates the brain thus upon waking up in the morning hangovers do happen and the intake of lots of water in the morning will take time to control the hangover. It is advisable to drink water in the amount of 3 glasses or more before you sleep so the brain will not have a chance to dehydrate. Some say that drinking strong black coffee in the morning upon waking up is also a good remedy but I suggest that you add one shot of brandy to the black coffee before consuming it, the concoction is called Irish Coffee. I sincerely hope this helps the people who experience hangovers after a night of drinking.

7. PerryD

PerryD New Member

One of the best things to do is drink a glass of Pedialyte. It's like Gatorade for toddlers and it will help rehydrate you without making you more nauseous. After that, have a piece of toast with two Tylenol and a cup of caffeinated coffee, tea, or soda. That pretty much takes care of my hangovers.

8. NichoFern

NichoFern New Member

I can only speak from personal experience. Every time I go out and have drinks, I always end the night with a bottle of water. The next morning I am a little groggy but that is never a big problem. In the past when I did not drink water before bed, I would experience a much more painful morning after. When I drink dark liquor the hang over is always awful. Now even when I drink dark liquor I only experience a slightly more intense groggy feeling! Over all I believe hydrating before bedtime is a great way to prevent some of the negative side effects of heavy drinking!

9. Rickyross18

Rickyross18 New Member

Ease a pounding headache with a pill (or two, depending on the recommended dosage), but stick to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(or NSAIDs, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen), not acetaminophen (Tylenol).

10. chiel2330

chiel2330 New Member

Take a pain reliever, but not Tylenol. Aspirin, ibuprofen (Motrin, other brands), and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may help with theheadache and the overall achy feelings. NSAIDs, though, may irritate a stomach already irritated by alcohol. Don't take acetaminophen (Tylenol).
    Ease a pounding headache with a pill (or two, depending on the recommended dosage), but stick to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (or NSAIDs, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen), not acetaminophen (Tylenol).

11. alexkt90

alexkt90 New Member

Aspirin. That works along with black strong coffee. Taking Aspirin in diluted water, works fast.
    And permanent medicine is Moderate drinking. This way one will have no hang hover :)

12. DamianTyrell

DamianTyrell New Member

In many parts of the world cannabis is now legal for sale and consumption. I've been told that ingesting THC, the pleasurable psycho active compound present in cannabis, can help relieve the jarring and painful headaches that one might wake up with when hung over. Cannabis is also known to increase the appetite which will help you eat all the nutrients you require to kick your debilitating hangover. I personally like some poached eggs on toast with avocado and a pint of malty dark beer.

13. hanylen

hanylen New Member

I still didn't read an article regarding the best medicine to take for a hangover.

But I myself got a solution to a party now headache later agenda of mine.

Just an apple! Yes! An apple after you drink a warm water upon getting up in your bed.

I've using this secret formula years ago and it works!

14. luklinder31

luklinder31 New Member

The best hangover remedy I have used before is coffee and water. For some reason, these, two combinations of things have helped me overcome a hangover. I have also had hangover fixed by eating some nasty fast food. For some reason, the grease seems to stop any stomach pains.

15. Remziel

Remziel Member

I didn't drink. But for me, The best way for hangover is a cup of coffee. The only way coffee helps a hangover is by preventing caffeine withdrawal from making it worse. In this situation, though, coffee's not alleviating the hangover symptoms.

16. Ngunjyz

Ngunjyz New Member

Drinking has made many people lose their jobs, miss on responsibilities, invite sicknesses and lag behind on important things; all these are brought about by the aftermath-the hangover. The best remedy for a hangover is total abstinence from the bottle; whether wine, spirits or malted lagers or take just a little of the beverage

However, if unfortunately, you found yourself having drunk to too much there some remedies that can reduce the effects but not completely remove them. The first thing is to rehydrate your body; hangovers are caused by the loss of body water through the frequent urinating while and after drinking. So, drink a lot of water at night and in the morning, and try to sleep early. In the morning you can take a cold shower to freshen the body, also you can take eggnog ( a cocktail of a tot of vodka and a raw egg).

In contrast to what people say, avoid any kind of medicine, this is because while drinking we overwork the liver, and the medicine will do it again and might cause some liver ailments; short term or long term if you repeat the practice more often

17. encrzjvnl

encrzjvnl New Member

best remedy for hangover is cold soda or cold water and a iced cold shower it will make your hangover go away

18. ronneldash

ronneldash New Member

I've tried and tested this one and this one was recommended to me by a friend who is a nurse and swears by it.

Vitamin B1, B6, B12 and a paracetamol.

Paracetamol must be for the headache and the Vitamin Bs are for the better blood circulation so your kidney can filter blood more effectively and urinate excess alcohol from your last night's drinking.

Drink a lot of water and rest.

19. CMB1990

CMB1990 New Member

I usually threat my hangover by just drinking cold water or sometimes drinking coffee. But if the said two doesn't work, I will do something that makes me sweat such as playing basketball, walk in a park and do some house chores.

20. supahcharles

supahcharles New Member

Cooking some steak and rice together with a cup of coffee would definitely put something inside your stomach and give you dopamine. But if your looking for some quick solution, cold water and rest are great alternative for that bad hangover.

21. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

First I take a long cold shower. This helps wake me up and cools me down. After that, I take a hearty breakfast. Eggs, bacon and breakfast sausages are what I take. I also finish it off with a strong cup of coffee. This gets the hangover out of my system.

22. HanniBanni

HanniBanni New Member

Here are some tips for coping with hangover :

The first impression after consuming vitamin C may not seem to be working, but you will be pleased to find that you have regained normal speech ability.

Drinking water before bed
    can also help a lot because when you wake up it is your best ally. But if you remember this tip during the evening you are still not that drunk. In any case, the greater amount of water you bring into your body will certainly improve your blood circulation and reduce the amount of alcohol in your blood.

The British advise that a hangover can be removed with a typical English breakfast, which is very fatty and unhealthy. Cholesterol seems to be stronger than alcohol, so fried eggs and bacon as well as whole cheese can make your morning easier.

When you have a hangover your head hurts, your stomach feels lax and you feel nauseous. You have all the symptoms of the condition, so staying in your bed is justified.

23. iconz89

iconz89 New Member

Soak yourself in a bathtub full of ice or very cold water for about 15min or as your desired.Then sip cup of coffee or chicken soap. Lastly jump 10x hehehhe

24. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

Hot Soup, its good when you hava a hangover.