Has the internet ruined our youth?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by shannondvor, Jun 10, 2018.

?

Is the internet harming our youth?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. shannondvor

shannondvor New Member

The internet is a very resourceful tool in our life, most humans depend on it to complete everyday tasks. Many have never lived a life without internet. I did not have internet when growing up and I spent my summers staying outside until the sun went away. My imagination had no bounds, a simple day in the backyard could easily turn into a day full of treasure hunting or digging up "dinosaur bones".
    I have 4 children, all under the age of 8! I have to force them to go outside and play. Limiting the screen time is vital but is ALWAYS a fight. It is as if the screen puts them into a zombified trance that they cannot escape and it feeds off of their imagination, slowly sucking away all of their interests.
    It is desensitizing our children. How many kids are lacking the lessons that childhood is supposed to teach you? Can this have any influence on their immune system since they aren't digging in the dirt? Vitamin D deficiency rates have climbed, can this be attributed to technology?