Have you ever created a "How To" ebook?

Discussion in 'Writing Digital Content' started by Sophia Rivers, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Sophia Rivers

Sophia Rivers New Member

Did you take the time to create an outline first? Was it filled with facts or did you sprinkle your own life stories into that book?

2. I have been writing for another posting company and was recently promoted to art writer. I have completed many posts and 2 articles. Yes, I always create an outline and sometimes I put some hometown flavor in it!

3. ATMauphillips

ATMauphillips New Member

Yes I have created How to ebooks before and I did not create or follow an outline. When I created my ebook I talked about what the ebook will teach you and I went straight into the details of How to.

4. The SpedLady

The SpedLady New Member

Unfortunately, I haven't created an ebook yet I would love to. I am looking forward to watching a youtube video on the formulation of an Ebook.

5. Tommyhara

Tommyhara New Member

Creating an outline for an ebook is not a problem but if you write a complete ebook from that outline then it is quite different thing. I tried to write an ebook about "How to learn HTML and CSS" but it was really very difficult because it consumed me too much time.

lily mendz likes this.
  6. Dan_Success

Dan_Success New Member

Hey mate!
    Here are some basic keys to follow whenever you are ready to create your "How to" eBook.

1. Do not write on areas that aren't of interest to you as you might never complete the job due to lack of ideas or frustrations along the way.

2. When you have a topic/title for your eBook, create an outline and be ready to follow it.

3. Stick to starting with short eBooks other than writing a 20k-50k word eBook; this would seem like a lot of work to you as a newbie.

4. Do a research on the topic and gather enough materials before you commence your work.

5. Start with an introduction and define each term in the book

6. Create titles and subtitles when writing and add images where you need to; this will not only help your reader to enjoy and understand your writing, but it will make your work easier.

7. When you are done, do not be in a rush to deliver or publish the eBook; take some time out to proofread it and have others do a critic on it.

Do share your success story with me if you find this steps helpful

Thanks.

7. ThePowerGuy

ThePowerGuy New Member

No, but creating one would be very gratifying. I always find myself getting into something that I don't understand how to do, and I can't find a how-to tutorial on the matter. Creating one, once I find out how to do it, could be very useful for others who are studying the same subject.

8. Nan Navarro

Nan Navarro New Member

Yes, I was able to create one and managed to publish it on amazon kindle although I wasn't able to submit it for a paid advertisement. The title is "How To Follow Your Heart: Noteworthy Ideas and Specific Instructions To Bridge Doubts With Decisions." However you made a how-to-ebook, be sure that it has captivating message starting from the title and it doesn't matter how it was created, whether an outline first or an idea in whole but the perseverance to publish your thoughts. The moment I was able to publish my manuscript, it doesn't matter anymore to me whether people would buy it or not. The moment I accomplished the publishing step and saw it online, its surely rewarding to see your name in a book cover.

9. Alchemy22

Alchemy22 New Member

I've been thinking about writing one, but I'm not sure if it'll be lucrative enough.

10. LyndalKaren

LyndalKaren New Member

I have never written a 'How To' ebook, however, it does seem like an interesting thing to do. If I were to create something, it would probably be a 'How To' video, rather than an ebook.

11. Vincent Glover

Vincent Glover New Member

I've been reading a lot them lately. Some with information I already acquired, and a few bragging about their accomplishments. There is always value found if you look close enough.

12. adamsmom

adamsmom New Member

Due to my previous work in implementation, I came up with a lot of QRGs (Quick Reference Guides) and been wanting to publish it online.