Horror or comedy?

Discussion in 'Television' started by Leonardozk, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Michael07

Michael07 Member

I watch both genres of a movie but I most likely prefer to watch comedy rather than a horror movie. Watching horror movies makes me feel creepy and there are plenty of frightening moments that really startles me and it's a bit uncomfortable for me. It also sticks on my thought for a while and it makes me a little bit paranoid and I don't want to feel this kind of feeling. On the other hand, watching a comedy movie makes me feel good because it makes laugh and I enjoy the scenes that are really funny. It doesn't give me a creepy feeling but it gives me a good vibe that is why I really like watching comedy movies.

1 person likes this.
  2. Faycal2019

Faycal2019 New Member

I love both but comedy definitely wins my heart , I can watch comedy when I'm sad to make me smile or even when I'm happy to keep me smiling and happy.Horror is defiantly fun to watch with your friends at a sleep over and freak each other out , in my case watching a horror movie alone just doesn't let me sleep but with friends its actually more enjoyable and funnier.

1 person likes this.
  3. cristinabels

cristinabels New Member

I am the type of person who gets easily scared and startled. That being said, I prefer to watch comedy. Comedy movies lift up my mood unlike horror movies which make me depressed and paranoid.

1 person likes this.
  4. prexv

prexv Member

I watch both comedy and horror genres in movies but I enjoy watching comedy movies more because I'd rather be laughing from funny acts and receive positive vibes than feeling uneasy and stressed whenever I see every horror character tropes choosing bad decisions and leading to their deaths. Sometimes, after watching horror movies it would affect me too much that I would get nightmares at night. So, I always try to distract myself first with watching funny videos before going to bed.

1 person likes this.
  5. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Comedy horror is a literary and film genre that combines elements of comedy and horror fiction. Comedy horror has been described as able to be categorized under three types: "black comedy, parody and spoof." It often crosses over with the black comedy genre.

1 person likes this.
  6. pceug17

pceug17 Member

Can't we just have a horror-comedy show? Isn't this funny and yet scary? :D But I find horror more interesting for the excitement while Comedy for the plot and entertainment factors

1 person likes this.
  7. Z34O

Z34O New Member

Horror to get the heart pumping. I love comedy but I'm guilty of being addicted to the rush of a jump scare.

1 person likes this.
  8. jlynjanz

jlynjanz Member

comedy. watching comedy movies is enjoyable to watch you can just sit and relax and laugh. When you laugh you will feel more relax less stress and make you positive.

1 person likes this.
  9. jack19

jack19 New Member

I'd sit through a whole horror film, get rocked by adrenaline and the better part of it, viewing the horrified look on a friend's face in company:D.

1 person likes this.
  10. martes30

martes30 New Member

I love horror movies most since it boost my interest rather than comedies. It also gives thrill and excitement in watching these. Thus, it also made the whole experience of watching more meaningful.

1 person likes this.
  11. rickyfax

rickyfax Member

Both. It depends on the movie if it's interesting to watch or not. Comedy and Horror are hella epic to watch. It depends also on you where you watch comfortably.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pen29

Pen29 Member

I prefer comedy than horror movies. Whenever I watched horror movies, I am having nightmares about ghosts, so as much as possible, I choose not to watch a horror movie and I hate that feeling. Comedy movies are fun to watch with family and friends. Comedy is a total bonding goals.

1 person likes this.
  13. Comedy all the way! I am such a scaredy cat and I really can’t stand to watch a horror film even if I'm someone or with my friends. I’d always tell my friends that I can survive a psycho being in my house but not a ghost! Yes, I know. That sounds crazy but what can I do right?

1 person likes this.
  14. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Comedy induces laughter, which in turn helps release feel-good hormones. In the stressfull world we live in, a little feel-good every so often helps cushion the blows that life may offer.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jonasaguilar

Jonasaguilar Member

So, I’m going to level with you guys: I can’t stand horror movies. I’m too much of a scaredy-cat. Fortunately, the horror-comedy is a fun little genre hybrid that lets even a wimp like me participate in the festivities of the spooky-scary Halloween season.

1 person likes this.
  16. leradj001

leradj001 Member

I lean more towards comedy movies as I have never liked dark and spooky things so by watching a good comedy I can have a great laugh with comedy movies like Johnny English and Bruce Almighty and still re-watch them from time to time.

1 person likes this.
  17. nrdsantos

nrdsantos New Member

Huge fan of both genders. It really depends on the state of mind I'm in. Love old comedy, Monty Python, Jerry Lewis, even some of the English more silly stuff, but also the new comedy styles of Tina Fey or Will Ferrer. Regarding horror movies, after a long time without great movies, we now see a lot of new and scary things coming out. I prefer movies that mess with your mind, even without showing much gore and blood.

1 person likes this.
  18. Israelwalex

Israelwalex New Member

I prefer watching comedy because horrors create long lasting effects on me. And i don't like being afraid at all.

1 person likes this.
  19. Isakft

Isakft Member

I prefer horror movies, but a good comedy movie never goes wrong.

1 person likes this.
  20. cris23

cris23 New Member

Like everybody said we love both horror and comedy but if only get to chose one it will be comedy because I like things that have humor, I love watching comedy shows, and movies with my family and we have our laughs. For that reason I would rather pick comedy than horror movies, I only watch scary movies during Halloween.

1 person likes this.
  21. belleanib

belleanib New Member

I guess i would have to say that i prefer comedy movies, it feels better to laugh than to cry. Comedy movies are better because they are suitable for all ages, even grandparents. Everyone who feels sad or depressed wont watch a horror movie. They'll go and watch a comedy to cheer them up. It's my all time favorite that will never get old.

1 person likes this.
  22. SofiC

SofiC New Member

Both genres are appealing in their own ways but I'd have to pick horror. Not all themes of it, though. Psychological horror or gore themes are very interesting but the supernatural is different. I try to stay away from those movies (people like to sleep after all). Another possible genre is Horror-Comedy which combines everything together (such as Scary Movie).

1 person likes this.
  23. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

I prefer watching comedy rather than watching horror. When I'm watching comedy I always get positive emotions.

1 person likes this.
  24. Venchy

Venchy New Member

Both horror and comedy movies are enjoyable to watch, so I choose both. And it depends on your mood or depends on the story-line of the movie. If it's story-line is interesting then I would definitely watch the movie.

1 person likes this.
  25. Rooneey

Rooneey Member

Actually, i like both comedy and horror. But if i have to choose one, i'll chose the latter. I prefer to watch horror. I love horror movies. It makes me sometimes think about the killer when i am in bed. But i wouldn't mind. They are not real.

1 person likes this.
  26. Berk

Berk New Member

Herror

1 person likes this.
  27. JMae372

JMae372 Member

I prefer comedy. I can't stand watching horror movies it makes me paranoid and imagine things. With comedy movies at least I'd laugh all day long but with horror movies I'd be on my guard for like a week thinking that there might be something under my bed or someone in the house.

1 person likes this.
  28. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

Both because when I watch movie it depend upon my mood.

29. chillea

chillea New Member

I prefer comedy over horror films/shows. I don’t want to scare myself to death, as the horror scenes seem to flash again on my mind whenever I am alone or when I shut off the light in ny bedroom. I will then have difficulty in sleeping.

30. jjhanlyn

jjhanlyn New Member

Horror mobies sometimes give us the vibe of comedy, we laugh so hard while being so scared. you feel me?

1 person likes this.