How can I lose weight?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Jeba Akter, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Jeba Akter

Jeba Akter New Member

Greetings,

I am 17 years of age and I weigh around 320lbs and 6 feet 5 inches tall. I have been attempting to shed pounds for truly a while however nothing is by all accounts working.

I as of now work out/ workout 6 days a week. My workout comprises of:

- half mile run.

- 11 100M drills (High knees, butt kickers, skips, and so on)

- 10 60 yard sprints.

- 2 hours of lifting (seat, leg press, and so forth)

I feel like that ought to be sufficient to lose more than I have (10lbs since like October).

What would I be able to do to see the weight go away quicker?

Dusan likes this.
  2. Eldritch

Eldritch New Member

The tried and true way to effectively lose weight is to be at a calorie deficit. What you need to do is find out your TDEE (Today Daily Energy Expenditure) and subtract 200-500 calories. A pound is equal to 3,500 calories. So if you were to eat at a calorie deficit of 500 per day, that would be 3,500 per week, which means you would lose a pound per week.

So the first thing you need to do is find out your TDEE. I recommend using the IIFYM calculator (easily found on google). Enter in your age, weight, height, etc, and it will tell you what you need to MAINTAIN your current weight. Word of warning, this number may be slightly inflated due to which activity level you choose; therefore I recommend putting your activity level as sedentary and adding in your exercises separately.

So let's say you need 2,500 calories per day to maintain your current weight. If you were to eat 2,000 calories per day, in a week you would lose one pound. No questions asked. If you eat at a deficit, you WILL lose weight. Weight loss comes with diet, and while exercise helps immensely, it really does boil down to diet.

Start tracking EVERYTHING you eat. If you have a mobile device, use myfitnesspal. And by everything, I really do mean everything. Half-n-half in coffee, a couple chips here and there, this all adds up and many people are surprised after they see how many calories they're getting just from snacking here and there. So start tracking everything.

One last thing. I highly encourage you to read up on nutrition in order to hit what you need each day. Right now I'm doing a 30%/40%/30% split of Carbs-Protein-Fat. This means 30% of my total calories come from carbs, 40% from protein, and 30% from fat. These numbers varies with each persons specific goals, but in general, try to get a good amount of protein in your diet.

Good luck, and remember, it's all about calories in versus calories out.

3. @larry18213

@larry18213 New Member

First of all I don't believe what you posted about your work out. Second of all, eat less.

4. jonjonscove

jonjonscove New Member

A great way to lose weight is to combine various techniques into your plan to lose weight. Portion control is essential in losing weight, along with regular exercise. In addition, avoid fried foods, foods heavy in sugars and starches. Basically, eat lean healthy meats along with starch free vegetables. Realizing that time is a factor, so constant discipline over time, will produce the desired result.

5. gayi eria

gayi eria New Member

The fact is that I am not a doctor and neither am I good at nutrition but I know of someone that lost a lot of weight just using water and lemon. Just get a blender, lemon, and water. Chop the lemon in pieces small enough for the blender, put some water and then turn the blender on. Add little sugar, and then take every day for a month.

6. RandiWininger

RandiWininger New Member

When I started my weight loss journey in October I weighted 292 pounds. As of right now I weight 266 pounds and still have a lot of pounds to go until I reach my goal. But I will say the absolute number one factor is your eating habits. I will list some of the tips I have learned and that have helped me. Start off using a app like MyFitnessPal to count your calories and after a while you will learn to stay within your calorie amount without tracking. A given is to cut out all forms of carbonated beverages, don't eat that much fast food, and don't eat processed foods. After a while your taste buds will change and those things will start tasting nasty anyways. Try to cook all your own meals but processed foods here and there aren't going to be a big deal. Especially if you are on a poor budget like me you sometimes have to give in and eat the Ramen noodles or little party pizza. Just remember that tomorrow is a new day. I have also found having a little snack every 2 hours or so helps to keep your metabolism going. I for example buy those already pre-cut apple slices and have 1 or 2 of those. Bottom line is it is a lifestyle change and you have to dedicate yourself to clean, healthy eating.

7. Dusan

Dusan New Member

You can lose your weight on many ways. Yoga is one way and you can try praktice yoga classes. Free running is also great way to lose your weight.

8. thisisrubie

thisisrubie New Member

First, you must really want to lose weight. You know what I mean, have the right amount of determination to succeed in your goal of losing weight. After setting your mind as to what you really want, start acting. Schedule and do your workouts. Plan your meals and eat at your scheduled times. It's all about balancing everything. Not too little. Not too much. Just enough. Do not deprive yourself of something and do not exceed also beyond what your body really needs. With these in mind, you can lose weight.

9. ulti03

ulti03 New Member

Some applications via Google play store and the iOS appstore can also help. I have used an application known as 7 minute workout before and to me it was effective in shaping my body since I'm already athletic.Lemon water also helps,all you have to do is cut pieces of lemon and leave them in fresh clean jar of water for about 3 hours then drink about 2 glasses a day.

10. deepthi

deepthi New Member

More than exercise, the most important thing that you need to focus on is your diet. Follow a strict diet regime, cut down on sugar, processed foods, and avoid Junk foods completely. Try to have your breakfast,lunch and dinner at the same time regularly. Try to have dinner before 8 pm as that helps your body to burn out all calories before you go to bed.

11. dknapp1

dknapp1 Member

You need to keep track of your food intake. I suggest using www.myfitnesspal.com. Create an account there and track your food and see if you are really eating more calories than you should be. Working out is fine, but real weight loss occurs when you are hungry and eating less than your body wants.

12. jessiccaa

jessiccaa Member

Make sure you are incorporating a healthy diet. Eating habits are even more important than exercise in weight lose. I would suggest to drink one glass of water before each meal to help prevent overeating. You should eat at least 5 small meals instead of 3 large meals during the day to keep your metabolism going. Also incorporate healthy fats, protein and fibre!