How can music affect a persons life?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jhin4TheWin, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Jhin4TheWin

Jhin4TheWin New Member

So I have been wondering about the many different ways of how music can affect peoples lives. And I don`t think it affects us all in the same way. For example, a really depressed person would listen to depressing music, would that make him/her happier or even more depressed?

2. diana21

diana21 New Member

It's because sometimes they can relate to the kind of music. Music sometimes can touch our feelings or emotions that's why when we hear a certain music that related to our current emotions has a great impact to us.

Jhin4TheWin likes this.
  3. John Patrick Soler

John Patrick Soler New Member

Music conveys different emotions in such different ways. It shows happiness, regrets and etc. through a song. Now the question is how can it affect a person's life? Simply let's just put the thought that through the message or should we say the lyrics of a particular song, it can have a great impact to the person's life. It can influence the person on what he/she should do to resolve his/her problem and many more.

4. Gemmers

Gemmers New Member

Music affects our emotions. When we listen to sad songs, we tend to feel a decline in mood. When we listen to happy songs, we feel happier. Upbeat songs with energetic riffs and fast-paced rhythms (such as those we hear at sporting events) tend to make us excited and pumped up. Try listening to a classical music score for a sense of power. Soft, soothing music can help you unwind. And listen to medium-fast to fast music for exercising and house cleaning. Putting additional music in your life can be a powerfully enriching tool. I've found music to be powerful emotionally. It has the ability to lift me up and engage me in a way that most other things cannot. Although, the effect varies on the music, so I have to pay attention to what I choose.

5. Aaron Montebon

Aaron Montebon New Member

One thing, however, is for certain: music does affect our daily lives.

Just look at the simple facts. Most people listen to music. If someone doesn’t, they’re sometimes viewed in a strange way. How could you not listen to music?

Music affects our emotions. When we listen to sad songs, we tend to feel a decline in mood. When we listen to happy songs, we feel happier. Upbeat songs with energetic riffs and fast-paced rhythms (such as those we hear at sporting events) tend to make us excited and pumped up.
    No matter what people listen to, there seems to be a common consensus as to why they listen. It seems that genres that have a fast paced, upbeat, and catchy rhythm (like pop, rap, etc.) are attractive to those who do sports, or at least, those who are looking to get pumped up. Rock also stands to achieve this goal. Most people agree that music just makes them happy. They can ‘get into a mood’ based of the style of the song they’re listening too. I must say that I agree.

Personally, I listen to rock and metal, pop punk, and acoustics, that is, if I must limit my choices. I always listen to rock and a whole lot of metalcore. To get pumped up, I listen to rock and metal, sometimes more ’80s metal than modern. To help when I’m feeling down, I listen to acoustic and pop punk. When angry, I listen to metalcore and sometimes stuff even heavier than that.

Overall, here’s the final conclusion I could come up with; music is simply a force that cannot be explained. It messes with our heads, it makes us feel different emotions, sometimes even physically changes us. Music unites us. Some of those surveyed said that they’ve had friendships established based off music, as have I. In the end, we know that music has a wide range of effects on us. Honestly, maybe we should leave it at that.

6. Kevin Baldovino

Kevin Baldovino New Member

Music really affects our lives. When I listen to music, the mood changes. When we listen to sad songs, we feel sad and remember those people who hurts us, or even the challenges in our daily lives. When we listen to motivational music, we become positive, and thinks about a solution to overcome those challenges and to be strong. Music is our help when we our lost.

7. roancruz

roancruz New Member

I think music affects our mood, because base on my experience it attracts my feelings when I heard a sad song or a songs that has a very nice beat. But I think you'll just feel that for a short time but then after hearing that song your mood will come back. But we have different kind of view when it comes to listening in music. But one thing is for sure music really affects our lives. I think music affects our mood, because base on my experience it attracts my feelings when I heard a sad song or a songs that has a very nice beat. But I think you'll just feel that for a short time but then after hearing that song your mood will come back. But we have different kind of view when it comes to listening in music. But one thing is for sure music really affects our lives.

8. John28

John28 New Member

Music is a major part of our environment. Music greatly affects our personal moods. Music can calm and revitalize us in a variety of ways. It can elevate our moods above our personal fears and doubts and even reduce stress and pain levels. Because of music people can successfully improve their moods and boost their overall happiness. Music helps you relax. Music can help you find Love.

9. elaeva66

elaeva66 New Member

Music definitely affects our moods and emotions. It can inspire, soothe, motivate and best of all in my opinion is that music is a global language. It bridges the gap between people of different cultures and it truly makes the world go round.

10. Nethneth

Nethneth New Member

Music really affects our lives. It has the power to change our mood instantly. It makes us dance through the beat of the music. It makes us cry especially when the lyrics really touched our hearts or if the music has been part of our memories to someone. It makes us remember the persons who are important to us and the place where the great moments happen. Music also captures the great memories of our lives. Music makes us remember of every detail of it. Without which life would be boring at all. I can still remember when i sing while dancing my baby and her favorite song is "twinkle twinkle little star". Up to now she's still listening to that song. See how powerful the music is and how it affects our lives.

11. civecare

civecare New Member

Music is influential. It can touch your soul at some point in time that you feel so connected to it. When it conveys your current situation, you will react at certain emotion. Humans wanted to be understood. So when music express your inner struggles, you feel understood, as if music understands you. Our life when expressed in music creates beauty. Musicians knew that. But we should chose the kind of music to listen to. Its not healthy for us to spend time listening to sad songs that encourage down emotions especially at those times when we want to move on from something that hurts us. It is best to be hopeful and listen to songs that uplifts us.

12. pengu

pengu New Member

Music is a universal language. We allow ourselves to drown in the rhythm and tempo and beat even before a single lyric is uttered. We judge a song if its to our liking on the first 5 seconds of it, just by listening to the first beat, haha! We may prefer different genres but we always look for music on the daily.

Music in a nutshell is our personal language, it either speaks to you, or it speaks for you.

13. xknate03

xknate03 New Member

Different music comes different meanings. Music can calm your inner self, sometimes it could lift you up and can make you happy and groove, and sometimes it will just make you really sad and will make you think of the sad experiences that happened to you from the past. The main point? Music influences our daily living and is a great factor in changing someone's attitude or mood.

14. Gelo21_

Gelo21_ New Member

Different people like different music. I always think that music is a language of the heart in a sense that we can express how we feel through the music that we listen to. Sometimes we do not know how to freely express our emotions but through music we can easily express them and in a way it helps us feel better. Music often dictates a person's mood and emotion. A lot of times I listen to upbeat music just to keep myself active and positive. Whenever I'm sad I listen to slow music to better internalize how I feel and just let it sink in for a while until I feel better. We all have different types of music that we love and listen to most of the time. Just listen to your heart and you will find the right type of music for you.

15. morphine08

morphine08 New Member

For a music lover like me, I can say music is my best friend. Music changes my moods, if I'm sad I will turn on a happy and rnb kind of music just to enlighten my mood, If I am heartbroken it will help also for me to cry more and more, even if listening to sad music can elevate my depression for being heartbroken, for me it's just okay so that I can burst out all my emotions. Whenever I heard my favorite songs it will really enlighten my mood. Music will affect you heart,brain and your body. Whatever genre it is, we can't deny that we can't live everyday without music. Enjoy listening! :)

16. emmantot

emmantot New Member

There have been many studies attempting to figure out just how music affects the human mind. For example, why do different people like different kinds of music, what parts of the brain are activated and if said parts are affected more or less by different kinds of music, and others.

Some of these questions have remained unanswered, and might stay that way for a while. One thing, however, is for certain: music does affect our daily lives.

Just look at the simple facts. Most people listen to music. If someone doesn’t, they’re sometimes viewed in a strange way. How could you not listen to music?

Music affects our emotions. When we listen to sad songs, we tend to feel a decline in mood. When we listen to happy songs, we feel happier. Upbeat songs with energetic riffs and fast-paced rhythms (such as those we hear at sporting events) tend to make us excited and pumped up.

With all this in mind, I sent out a survey to the students of Basehor-Linwood High School, asking some simple questions about their music taste and how music makes them feel. Studying these results show some interesting facts.

When asked about their listening habits, mixed results were found in accordance to the amount of time spent listening to music on a daily basis.

About 22.2 percent of people said that they listen to music between one to two hours everyday, where another 22.2 percent said they listen at least five hours a day.

The category of two to three hours a day sees about 18.4 percent of people in the school, and three to four hours meets a close second to that, at 16.5 percent.

Only 11 percent of people listen to less than an hour’s worth of music every day, and even less listen to four to five hours a day; about 9.5 percent.

It seems that there isn’t really a happy medium. Either people listen to music a little, or they listen to music all the time. Music takes different standpoints in different people’s lives, and it matters more or less to one person than it does another.

A majority of people listen to music in the car, as well as at home; about 90 percent of all those studied for each. Around 71 percent of people here in the school also listen in their classrooms. Both the hallway and the lunchroom receive substantially less; about 37 percent and 25 percent.

It seems that music helps us concentrate and study as well. Out of those studied, 88.5 percent of people said that they listen to music when they study, work on homework, and other activities such as that. That leaves on 11.5 percent of people who don’t.

It’s no surprise that most people (69 percent) listen to pop music. Pop literally stands for popular. 55.2 percent of all people attending BLHS listen to rock and rap. It’s also not surprising to hear that 46.6% of people listen to alternative and indie music. Over half of our students listen to country, at 52.3 percent.

Some genres that didn’t hit the chart with full force are funk, jazz, classic, punk, dubstep, and metal. Not one of these, with the exception of classical (at 28.7 percent), crossed the 25 percent line.

No matter what people listen to, there seems to be a common consensus as to why they listen. It seems that genres that have a fast paced, upbeat, and catchy rhythm (like pop, rap, etc.) are attractive to those who do sports, or at least, those who are looking to get pumped up. Rock also stands to achieve this goal. Most people agree that music just makes them happy. They can ‘get into a mood’ based of the style of the song they’re listening too. I must say that I agree.

Personally, I listen to rock and metal, pop punk, and acoustics, that is, if I must limit my choices. I always listen to rock and a whole lot of metalcore. To get pumped up, I listen to rock and metal, sometimes more ’80s metal than modern. To help when I’m feeling down, I listen to acoustic and pop punk. When angry, I listen to metalcore and sometimes stuff even heavier than that.

Overall, here’s the final conclusion I could come up with; music is simply a force that cannot be explained. It messes with our heads, it makes us feel different emotions, sometimes even physically changes us. Music unites us. Some of those surveyed said that they’ve had friendships established based off music, as have I. In the end, we know that music has a wide range of effects on us. Honestly, maybe we should leave it at that.

17. Ehaley222

Ehaley222 New Member

In my opinion, music can affect someone’s life by changing someone’s mood and turning their day around. For me, if I’m having a bad day & put some happy music on, it makes me happy... and if I’m wanting to relax, I’ll put some relaxing music on. I enjoy listening to music and lyrics I can relate to, so music can make you feel like you’re not alone in the things you’re going through and life experiences you’ve had.

18. Krispykerry

Krispykerry New Member

A single song can take you back to the time that even you can no longer remember that it actually happened . Or the time you listen to a specific song where you're having the time of your life then accidentally played that song after a year to the moment when you're sad. But then felt relieved and thought "Well, Hey! I should have a great time today".

That simple song, that music that took over you behavior can change the way you look over the world and your life .

Music genres doesn't matter as long as you enjoyed the moment and the experience.

19. Ehaley222

Ehaley222 New Member

In my opinion, music can affect someone’s life by changing someone’s mood and turning their day around. For me, if I’m having a bad day & put some happy music on, it makes me happy... and if I’m wanting to relax, I’ll put some relaxing music on. I enjoy listening to music and lyrics I can relate to, so music can make you feel like you’re not alone in the things you’re going through and life experiences you’ve had. Whenever I was going through a breakup, it helped to listen to music with lyrics talking about going through a breakup - someone who could relate and articulate it via song.