How can you lose weight ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Anuj, May 13, 2015.

1. Anuj

Anuj New Member

Ditch diet soda to lose weight
    You should ditch all soda, including diet. Research from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health revealed that overweight and obese adults who drank diet beverages ate more calories from food than those who drank regular soda. Additionally, a University of Texas study found that diet soda drinkers had a 70% greater increase in waist circumference than non-drinkers over the course of about 10 years.

"In addition, many people think 'low-fat,' 'low-sugar,' or 'light' means fewer calories, but that's not always true," says Goodson. "Typically when manufacturers cut something out and the end result tastes just as good, they've added something like additional sugar."

1 person likes this.
  2. Mrs. Diaz

Mrs. Diaz New Member

Personally, I'm not a fan of "dieting." I prefer to call it a lifestyle change, since it's truly the only way to keep the weight off once you've lost it.

Weight gain and weight loss is a mathematical equation. If you can add and subtract, then you can reach your goals! For every 3500 calories consumed you gain a pound, and for every 3500 calories burned, you lose a pound. When trying to lose weight, I've found that the most valuable tool is to log everything you eat in one of the free apps offered such as Lose It! and My Fitness Pal. It was a huge eye opener for me to see how quickly calories add up!

These apps can also work as an accountability partner. Something triggers when we have to document what we eat and the exercise we do.

Once your accountability partner is set up with your profile and goals, it's about making good decisions, such as consuming foods high in fiber, rich in nutrients and vitamins, lean proteins, and complex carbs like whole wheat pasta and quinoa. Hint: You should eat high carb/ calorie foods such as fruits, beans, rice/pasta and steak before 4:00pm.

3. serving

serving New Member

One good smart way to lose weight is trying to develop a new hobby where theirs a lot psychical activity going on. For examples sports that makes you do a lot of cardiac exercises is very good for losing body fat, but the great part is that your having fun while doing it.

4. imhere101

imhere101 New Member

In order to lose and maintain my weight, I have to make healthy eating a lifestyle. Eating lean means and plenty of fruits and vegetables is a start. I also have to drink six glasses of water per day, along with healthy juices. The best juices for a healthy lifestyle is to make my own.

When I eat sweets, I choose those with fiber and less sugar. When I eat chips, I choose baked. However, no matter which snacks I choose, I make sure I don't eat them more than once or twice a week.

Exercise is also my key to keeping the weight off. I have a treadmill in my home that I use two to three times a week. I walk on the treadmill for a half-hour each time.

Lastly, I would like to say that I had to choose foods and exercises that I knew would work for me. I had to set goals that were attainable in order to be consistent at living a healthy lifestyle.

Anuj likes this.
  5. luis rosado

luis rosado New Member

You could lose weight by drinking lots on water.

6. rxhope

rxhope New Member

"lose weight" is pretty generic term . Medically, you have to be obese to lose weight. There are three measurements which are used to evaluate the degree of obesity: weight, height, and waist circumference. "low sugar" etc are just marketing labels pedaled by companies to sell their goods.

7. MillSeed

MillSeed New Member

There's a lot of folks who will try and sell you some miracle product to help you lose weight, but the best way to do it is quite simple. Track what you eat (as another poster said, MyFitnessPal is an excellent app for this) and stay ~500 calories below the amount needed to maintain your weight. Some easy places to cut calories is in drinks. While they're often presented as "healthy" options, fruit juices and smoothies will definitely not help you reach your weight goal. Water is the best possible option. Don't make it complicated. Eat less.

8. DoraAubree

DoraAubree New Member

One thing that I'm implementing is - during the evening when I'm craving an after-dinner snack, I do some crunches on the exercise ball instead. This takes my mind off the craving and allows me to do something productive instead. Plus, I won't want to "un-do" the work I just did by eating unhealthy.

9. josuemilan

josuemilan New Member

I believe the only way to lose weight is to have the visceral desire for it. This applies to anything because people are not always truthful with themselves. They say they want to lose weight with there rational brain but do not really want to lose weight emotionally. Many people do not really want to lose weight, they just like the way the idea sounds. Sometimes they even have the rational desire but the truth is they do not want to lose weight. They are satisfied being over weight and wish people could accept them for that. The key is you have the desire to lose weight as bad as you want to breath. It has to be to that level of urgency, where you will stop eating unhealthy food and diet for the sake of your life.

10. Devonne

Devonne New Member

I am in the process of ditching soda all together. It has been very hard for me because I am addicted to so much more than just the caffeine. I love how the bubbles feel in my mouth and just the overall experience. When I have attempted to quit before I stopped cold turkey, and found that I actually went through withdraws. I had headaches all day and was just one grumpy person until I drank a large soda. Now I am in the process of quitting but I am doing it in a way where I am limiting how much I intake every week. It has been working so far and this week I am down to one can a day. I have found that through the last month I have started to loose weight. I am down about 10pounds so far and hope to loose more as this process continues, especially after I quit.

11. curiousfoodie

curiousfoodie New Member

The conclusion to ditch diet soda is not well-founded. The research evidence cited here talks about averages: those who drink diet soda tend to consume calorie-rich foods. But correlation is not causation, you do not consume more calories from food because you drink diet drinks, or at least this is not what the research says. And even if the research said this, it would be equally unfounded to jump to the conclusion that not drinking diet soda implies not eating so much calorie rich foods. So ditching diet soda does not make much sense, based on the evidence cited here.
    How about finding a diet that works for you personally?

12. JCena

JCena New Member

The one (and only) way to lose weight is to put yourself on a calorie-deficit diet. You have to be taking in less calories than you are burning. Once that happens, you're body will begin to find calories in other places, like burning fat for energy.

Exercise can help speed up this process and has health benefits of its own.

13. jt5874

jt5874 New Member

The easiest, and arguably only, way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. Calories in < calories out will result in your body using fat stores for energy. I have found it very difficult to exercise enough to cancel out bad eating patterns. When I eat whole foods based (mostly vegetables), it is much easier to keep my weight in check.

14. duaneology

duaneology New Member

I watched the documentary Fat Sick & Nearly Dead on Netflix and was really inspired by it. It's about this Aussie 40ish year old guy who had lived an unhealthy lifestyle for a long time and was suffering many lifestyle related health issues. He decides to go on a road trip through the United States and consume nothing but fresh fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days. Along the way he interviews random strangers about their diet and health and you can see the changes happening to him as he goes. I was so inspired I decided to follow the same diet for 10 days. It was really challenging but I lost 10 pounds and dramatically changed the way I eat forever.

15. Fahima

Fahima New Member

The hardest part of trying to lose weight, for me personally is finding a workout I can do every day. My parents don't let me go out in the early morning, so I can't take a job around my neighborhood. Also I prefer to workout in the morning before school, because I like to get my workouts over with. Also I heard that if you work out in the morning, it boosts up your metabolism for the rest of the day, which is a major bonus. My solution was to do an at-home HIIT workout. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training, which helps you lose the most amount of calories in a shorter period of time. I do Insanity Max:30, which is a 30 minute workout five days a week, totaling 2 and a 1/2 hours per week.

16. tuvy

tuvy New Member

I have been struggling with overweight issues for 3 years and no weightloss program seems to work.i tried low carb diet,a daily 2km run and even an apple only at night but the effect is just not i wanted.until i tried not to put anything in my mouth after 6 pm.i also started to do some push-ups every morning 10 cycle at best.in just 2 weeks.the effect was tremendous.after about 4mos my weight was down from 90kg to 72kg.i also started having nightime snack and my weight stay the same.

17. Fruitloop2292

Fruitloop2292 New Member

To be honest, I find all diets to be useless fads. To lose weight you only need two things:
    1) eat less
    2) do sports

If you are actually struggling to eat less because you keep munching in between meals, try fasting. I fast from the moment I wake up until 7 to 9 pm. Fasting is actually not that hard because your body gets used to it, you're never hungry, apart from dinner and you lose weight super fast. Also, you might like to know that when you fast, your brain becomes autophageous: it eats your dead cells, which in turn leaves enough space in your brain to regenerate brand new cells. If you suffer from mood swings, fasting also helps with that (that's from my personal experience). Overall many many doctors think fasting is good. It also makes you live longer.

So try fasting. If it's too hard, move on to something else, but I believe you'd like it.

18. Diana Smith

Diana Smith New Member

I have found that the best way to lose weight is to cut out all "bad" carbs. By "bad" I mean anything that is processed, has sugar, artificial sweeteners, breads, baked goods and high-sugar fruits. Eat lean meats, preferably no beef or pork and stick to fish, poultry and a lot of vegetables. Be sure to drink about 64 to 80 ounces of water each day. Exercise, even if it is only a half hour walk each day. It will keep your metabolism running effectively.

19. matiaspogi1968

matiaspogi1968 New Member

For some women whose lazy to go to gym what I can suggest is to drink apple cider vinegar in the morning and drink greentea everyday. And of course most important thing is to cut eating food that can give you a lot of weight.

20. matiaspogi1968

matiaspogi1968 New Member

Apple cider vinegar is a miracle for me. Since I gave birth with my first child I started gaining a lot and tried different weight loss teas and capsules but unfortunately didn't helped me lose weight. but when I discovered ACV I can see that a lot of good changes happening on my body.

21. gabridosilang

gabridosilang Member

There are many ways to lose weight.However, most of them will make you hungry and unsatisfied. You just need to have a will power and motivation to achieve your goal. First, you need to cut down your sugar. Avoid eating sweet like chocolates and drinking sodas. Then you need to eat foods with protein example meat, eggs, and seafoods, also low carbs like more vegetables and fruits, fats like olive oil, avocado oil etc. Once youv'e done this stuff for the first few days you might feel a bit strange .Your body has burning carbs and it will take time to geht used to it.

22. travelingfortwo

travelingfortwo New Member

Two years ago, I decided to change my bad food lifestyle that includes my diet, my exercise and I go for natural foods.
    If your main goal is to lose weight, I will tell you it is really hard to do it. In my case I always want to change my lifestyle before but it is really hard to do it if you do not have enough reason why you are doing that. You must make a valid goals for that and self discipline.
    Avoiding sweets takes a lot of discipline, replace your commercial sugar that you get from sodas, instead used natural sugar which can be found in fruits. These are one of the best effective way to lose weight.

23. Bianca616

Bianca616 New Member

There are many different aspects of losing weight. These are just the main things that need to be focused on when one decides they want to lose weight: diet, mental health, sleep, and physical exercise. Diet should be very simple. Whole, plant based foods that are either in their raw form (uncooked) or very lightly cooked. This allows for ultimate uptake of vitamins and nutrients for your body to digest and absorb. The next one, mental health (stress level). To make sure your mental health is balanced will be a key component to losing weight. If out of balance you may lose weight, but it will not be in a healthy way and there is a higher chance you will gain it back quickly. Sleep is very important when your goal is to lose weight. Sleep allows for the body to rest, digest, and recover. Without proper sleep, one may struggle with weight retention and struggle to lose those extra few pounds. Last but not least, exercise! Exercise is an excellent way for your body to move fluids, heat up muscles, activate organs, and use energy (burn calories). It is possible to lose weight without exercising, but adding a daily exercise routine will really speed up the weight loss process. Also, your fat will be turning into muscle as opposed to just "losing it!"

24. Marian0302

Marian0302 New Member

I can lose weight by doing a regular exercise for at least 30 minutes a day and also I prevent sweet foods, fatty foods and junk foods because this kinds of foods will really make my body fat easily.

25. Flamelily

Flamelily New Member

I do not like the word dieting, as I believe it is about lifestyle change and not having the idea you have to starve yourself or abstain from certain foods. I believe if you cut down on your food portions, eat more fresh foods and portion out your meals you will get astonishing results. I do not believe in refined sugars but that means those with a sweet tooth can have substitutes and the only one I recommend is Stevia as it is natural, has zero calories and tastes like sugar. It can also be used in baking to replace sugar. There is a portion control plate on the market which is excellent as it helps you get the vegetables, carbohydrates and protein portions advised. Drinking a lot of water especially before meals is advisable as it helps to fill your stomach and make you feel more content, quicker. Replace unhealthy fatty and sugary snacks with fresh fruit and get enough exercise, walking is excellent, especially if you are not used to exercising and you need to build up your fitness levels

26. TheMagicalSquid

TheMagicalSquid New Member

I’m pretty much a beginner in this health and fitness stuff but the stuff I picked up from the experienced are pretty useful. The obvious first step is cutting out soda immediately. It has no nutritional value is is basically sugar water. Even if you eat horribly, cutting out soda and replacing it with water or tea helps immensely. Also “spot reduction” is a myth. You can’t lose weight on your stomach by doing some weird exercise for it. Everyone gains fat differently depending on their body. Some gain it on their face, others on their legs. You’ll generally will lose weight staring where you first gained weight.

27. xenia0143

xenia0143 New Member

Eating fewer calories than you burn will help you lose weight it’s that simple. To assess how much you’re actually eating to maintain your current weight. Just input whatever you eat, and be honest. The app will calculate your daily calorie intake without judgement.

28. joybitzee

joybitzee New Member

In my experience, if you are lazy enough to do an exercise or you can't control your eating habit and go on a diet, the best way to lose weight is to drink water when you wake up in the morning on an empty stomach. Just drink 2-4 glasses 1 hour before you eat your breakfast. My friend told me this is called the water therapy and it really works fine with me. I am 56 Kg before after 3 months I lost almost 8 kg. Maybe it still depends on ones body but this ones really work with me.

29. Naiumkhan

Naiumkhan New Member

In order to lose weight fast the main secret is to consume less calories and to do exercises to burn the accumulated fat, but if the weight loss is difficult a good advice is to go to the endocrinologist to confirm if it is not problems in the thyroid or metabolic changes that make difficult the slimming.

3-day slimming menu
    In the table below is outlined a suggestion for 3 days of diet for fast weight loss.

Meal Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
    Breakfast
    1 glass of almond milk + 1 slice of whole wheat bread 1 skim yogurt + 4 cracker crackers Vitamin with skim milk + 1 slices of papaya + 1 spoon of wheat bran
    Morning snack 1 apple 1 pear 2 nuts
    Lunch dinner Grilled chicken breast + 3 tablespoons brown rice + cabbage, tomato and grated salad + 1 orange 1 serving of cooked fish + 1 cooked potato + braised cabbage salad + 1 slice of watermelon Fillet of chicken in tomato sauce + 3 tablespoons of chickpeas + carrot salad, chuchu and broccoli + 5 strawberries
    Afternoon snack 1 nonfat yogurt + 2 nuts 1 slice whole wheat bread + ricotta cream Detox juice with cabbage, orange and linseed
    4 Secrets to Fast Weight Loss
    1. Take green tea daily as it moisturizes and helps treat water retention, reducing swelling of the body;
    2. Drink more water , do not drink soda, do not eat sweets, do not exaggerate in sauces, nor in alcoholic beverages;
    3. Decrease the volume of each meal by making at least 6 meals a day, such as breakfast, collation, lunch, snack, dinner and supper, with an interval of approximately 3 hours between them;
    4. Increase Fiber Consumption: Eating foods such as fruits with peel, raw vegetables, cereal bread, flaxseed and flour and dark-colored rice or another option is to take a fiber-rich dietary supplement such as Benefiber.
    Fast Weight Loss Remedies
    Some examples of natural solutions to lose weight, can be: coconut oil in capsules, orange-bitter, flaxseed and chitosan. However, medications such as orlistat, sibutramine, rimonabant or victoza, for example, may be prescribed by your doctor to help with weight loss, especially when obesity already puts you at risk.

Either way, opting for natural solutions like taking green tea or supplementing with Spirulina, are healthier alternatives to achieve ideal weight, which help speed up the metabolism by burning the localized fat helping to lose the belly.

Fast Weight Loss Exercises
    Fast weight loss exercises are those that help you spend calories such as walking, jogging, cycling, dancing, swimming, or bodybuilding, for example, having to do at least 30 minutes a day to help increase metabolism and facilitate weight loss .

However, the most important thing is to choose an exercise that you like not to give up easily from the practice of physical activity that is essential for fast weight loss.

30. Nezza31

Nezza31 New Member

A year ago, I tried to check my weight and it's around 132 lbs. I was surprised because I am even heavier than I was carrying a baby inside my tummy in 2014. Then I realized that I really gained weight. Since then I became conscious about my body.

I started to do some research about losing weight. It was really hard for me to get the right formula because I'm constipated. Meaning, my bowel happen less often than normal. But the diet scheme worked for me was counting calories in my food with 3-5 hours of little exercise per week.

You may click this link https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to see how you count calories or check how many the calories you should only take in a day base on your weight, age and height . And this link https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/express/10-minute/ is some little exercise that won't push you so hard to make sweats as a beginner and start to begin a healthy lifestyle.

I lose weight for about 12lbs when I started this diet scheme on March this year after trying different weight loss program . 2 lbs in a month is not bad most especially if you used to eat good food like me. It won't happen in an overnight. You just have to keep yourself pumped and motivated . Good luck!