How did a book changed your life?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Angelo Harley, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Angelo Harley

Angelo Harley New Member

A book changed my life when I was in a slump. It was back in 8th grade when I first learned that I had depression and anxiety. I was miserable and I didn't know how to ask for help. I keep on thinking maybe if I end my life now it would all be better, but the thought of leaving the people I love scared me. This is where books changed my life. I started reading more as my anxiety and depression progress and the joy these characters bring me is phenomenal. I thought to myself 'hey, if this people can move on despite killing an entire family maybe I can do it as well?'. That thought helped me, because 4 years later, I'm still here.

2. Balatszki07

Balatszki07 New Member

Often times, during a dark hour or an idle point, a book has changed my life. There are countless books that have pointed me in a different direction, or taught me a lesson. There are also many books that have helped me articulate my own emotions or thoughts, helped me find a voice. If it weren’t for the books I’ve read, I’d be a very different man today...I’d even argue I’d be less of a man.Books, especially good ones, have that sort of power. If you let them, they can change your life, serve as another compass or guide, or give you a lift when you need it most. I’m sure you can think of at least one book that fundamentally changed you as a human being.For all of us who’ve felt this transformation, or for anybody who hopes to find that in a good book, this is for you. Here are some of the ways reading a book can change your life literary that you can be achieved on your life.

3. Nikki07

Nikki07 New Member

Sometimes and often times, during a dark hour or an idle point, a book has changed my life. There are countless books that have pointed me in a different direction, or taught me a lesson. There are also many books that have helped me articulate my own emotions or thoughts, helped me find a voice. If it weren’t for the books I’ve read, I’d be a very different man today...I’d even argue I’d be less of a man.Books, especially good ones, have that sort of power. If you let them, they can change your life, serve as another compass or guide, or give you a lift when you need it most. I’m sure you can think of at least one book that fundamentally changed you as a human being.For all of us who’ve felt this transformation, or for anybody who hopes to find that in a good book, this is for you. Here are some of the ways reading a book can change your life literary that you can be achieved on your life. If you see other people trying to be more efficient at their time by reading books.

4. jrenzromero

jrenzromero New Member

At the very least, you will connect with the person at the other of the dialogue, the author. But you will likely connect with much more than that: the zeitgeist, the universe, a reality that exists somewhere else or that one day could be yours. Reading is a lifeline to all else that is.Reading challenges you. Taking a book seriously means risking the chance of finding an adversary. A book may become a headwind. These challenging books push back on everything you hold true. They tell you human nature is inherently evil, or that the Church is at fault, or that America is not the greatest country in the world. It will essentially say you’re wrong.