How did you start writing articles?

Discussion in 'Magazine Article Writing' started by MathiasOB, Oct 21, 2017.

1. MathiasOB

MathiasOB New Member

For those who have successfully written and submitted articles for magazines, how did you begin the process? Was the time investment worth the payoff? I know that there are plenty of websites that can connect you to publishers of online content who are looking to accept articles, but I have never come across any platform for magazines.

2. I will try to add value to this with my own perspective. I have started writing blog articles earlier this year and I hope to one day have the opportunity to write articles for magazines. As for the process of writing, I opine that I need to find a topic which I can find and add value to. In other words, find a niche which I am comfortable and passionate with. When you can do it, I think you will enjoy the process on the top of its rewards which is also crucial.

Currently I have a tennis blog which is also trying to marry an self-improvement element. It is still in the starting phase but given time, I believe it will take flight. Hope this helps

Mallory_Marnie likes this.
  3. LiveQuizzer

LiveQuizzer New Member

I've been writing since I was in Middle School but I never tried to write in any professional capacity until about seven years ago. It was more out of necessity than anything but here we are, almost a decade later and I'm still doing it although lately I don't really know why.

It seems to be more of a struggle to write anything every day.

4. mahjabeen

mahjabeen New Member

Writing an article was not fun before. But the day i owe my own website i enjoyed writing the major reason behind is i write will full devotion as it is being posted by my name and i update regularly. it is just like my house which i clean , i update and takecare and visitors comments and views appreciation make my website grow more and more.

5. Adesuwa08

Adesuwa08 New Member

I started writing articles for magazine when I was 14 years old, then I was in junior school and my art was being noticed by one of my teachers, she had caught me writing an article about a drunk relative who had been verbally abuse, as I can remember now it was the way I blamed it on the society that made her paused on my table for sometime. I still got whooped in the ass for that but I got published in the school magazine, I never got the credits for it till today, it was the teacher who got all the praises because she drafted it and wrote her name as the writer.

As a published writer who have written articles for my school magazines and church magazines back then even till now, I attribute my first writing that got noticed in school as my first article ever, even though I had written a whole lot before then. It made me a better writer and it gave me the courage to tell on my teacher's injustice, before I reported her to the authorities she made me exchange my write ups with me not getting whooped, it was really a scary deal but it made me the better writer I am today, amongst all it gave me courage and the discipline to write everyday.

6. Gretna

Gretna New Member

I remember that the day I started to write articles was a very sad one. It occurred in 2009. I was desperate with no job, no money, no husband and two children to feed. I surfed the web to find a quick way to make money and I found a couple of websites that paid to write articles and guides. I immediately started and I am still doing it!

7. antonioantonio

antonioantonio New Member

How you guys write in magazine? Are there qualifications, requirements and others?

8. Pankajsm

Pankajsm New Member

Being into technical field for more than 14 years I was more is comfortable writing about technical stuff but not as blogs. My recent shift to a career in human capital transformation helped me get out of my comfort zone. I started reading, writing, talking about a lot of topics that I was not comfortable with before and this is how my journey into blogging started!

9. Lynn Fowler

Lynn Fowler New Member

I am a minister, and started writing Christian articles as part of my ministry back in the mid-70s. I had quite a few published in magazines here in Australia, and a few overseas, through the 70s, 80s and 90s. By the end of the 90s I had started building web sites, and most of my writing activity moved online.

There are no formal qualifications for writing for most magazines, but you should have a good understanding of the topic you are writing about, either from your personal experience or from very thorough research. You also need to be able to write well, not only with good grammar and spelling but with the ability to express your thoughts in a way that will grab the interest of the reader.

I think it is more difficult to get published in print magazines these days than when I started out, simply because there are less of them.

10. like4like

like4like New Member

Do not enough enough to talk to you that you know how to take a absolute post.

Vấn đề là làm thế nào để bắt đầu viết, câu hỏi sau tôi nên hỏi một đứa trẻ và câu chuyện đó sẽ hấp dẫn hơn.
    thường nhận được văn phòng từ ngày hàng ngày

11. estrasen

estrasen New Member

Practice makes perfect so I would suggest just keep submitting articles. Another piece of advice would be to read as many magazine articles as you can. Magazine articles are different than other types of writing so familiarizing yourself with them. That and practising is the best way to ensure you will eventually get published. It took my father almost four solid years to get his work published, but as he practised he got better and now he is regularly published in various Philosophy publications. In the words of my father, is just keep sticking with it!

12. rmbsuarez

rmbsuarez New Member

Writing articles has been part of my entire life as a student. I was able to write almost a hundred articles, mostly in schools, because I am a campus journalist. I started my journey in writing when I am only 10 years old, a 4th grader.

The story behind my interest in writing articles began in an unconventional way. Actually, back then, I am very naive about composing articles. I, actually, don't have any idea about it. Suddenly, there was a time where my adviser called my attention. I walked towards her, wondering and palpitating. She looked me straight to my eyes. Without any hesitation, she ask me a question. "Do you want to join a press conference?" she uttered. During that time , I was very indecisive. I don't even know what's the purpose of the press conference and how will I compete on that event, which is about campus journalism and writing. After a day, I eventually decided to give it a try despite my lack of knowledge.

During the day of the competition, I enjoyed so much not, not because of my write-ups but because I got to be with my classmate and friend. I can still remember during the first time we were toldf to write a news and I just stare on my empty paper. I can't even write a single word. my grammar was terrible. "I just wasted my money," I said to myself.

Eventually, after few more years of experiencew and sufficient workshops, I realize that I made a good decision in joining campus jouirnalism competition. In my succeeding years, I won in different categories and I got the chance to represent our school in regional level up to the most competitive stage, the national level.

It just didn't stop there, writing articles became an effective way to enhance my grammar and improve my essay-writing skills. It became easy for me to produce well-made articles, essays and other related works. It ius actually one of the major reasons why I am trying my best to earn in Postloop.

More than the medals that I've won in different national competitions, writing articles thought me discipline, focus and to always think critically. I really believe that an effective writer, can give life to his well-thought words.

13. edcel

edcel Member

i don't know to i just want to read this kind of work and to learn a have a lot of problem on this kind of task because my grammar is very hard to understand and not good its really hard but really want to learn how to improve it just study study and study

14. lcabig

lcabig New Member

In my experience, it actually came unexpectedly. I’m a film major, mainly to create films and content, during my time in Uni we never really had a journalism class, mainly because we have an entirely different course or major concentrated on that. However, upon graduating my mom somewhat forced me to come home to Dubai and work there, wherein the production world there was not easy to get into because it was just in the toddler stages, however I did manage to get into an adverising company who had a magazine company under their wing, I started as an editorial coordinator and since I was good in English and creating topics I got promoted to handling a weekly magazine as the main editor after a year. And that reall was the only time I learned how to write for a magazine. I did it for two years, got overwhelmed and quit. It was fun and I am so appreciative of how quickly things escalated for me, however it really wasn’t my thing I guess. My advice would be to keep working on your writing, go out of the box and write and write, even with topics you’re unsure of, research and write some more. Keep trying and try to create a your signature.