How Do You Answer A Three Year Old Who Asks Where Babies Come From?

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by Meshack Bwoyele Keya, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Do you tell the children the truth when they ask where babies come from?

This poll will close on Jul 9, 2020 at 12:03 PM.
  1. We should tell the truth

57.1%
  2. We should lie to them. Eg Children are brought by an aeroplane at night.

14.3%
  3. We should Dodge answering them.

28.6%
  4. We should refer them to another person like a teacher, pastor, other partner or counsellor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. "Mom, where do babies come from?"

It is a tough question to answer. How do you answer it?

2. GBering

GBering New Member

That question would be pretty hard to answer but I would choose to dodge the child's question or change the topic so that the kid would not know the truth. It would give them a shock if I reveal the true meaning, so better not destroy the kid's mind. She/He is still too young to know.

3. Crypton

Crypton New Member

I have actually not really given thought about this question, but when confronted with such a scenario, telling the truth is definitely out of the question since it's a crime to "poison" such a cute and innocent being's mind.
    What makes things a bit difficult is that you have to make sure you convince this youngster, so that she or he does not look for answers elsewhere-like online.

So, the lie has to be believable, even to others this child might discuss the topic with. With all that said, I would tell this 3-year old that children come from Heaven and are born out of eating a lot of food. That's why the woman's belly is always swollen when pregnant. I hope it works!

4. Cyrus_W

Cyrus_W New Member

Wow! That's a tough question.

I think the best thing would be to tell the truth. Tell the kid that babies come from GOD. That when a mom is ready, she asks GOD for a baby, and GOD answers her prayer. About how the baby comes from GOD to mom, well ... tell the kid that it's a complicated process that only biology teachers know how to explain.

1 person likes this.
  5. Unique123

Unique123 New Member

The question is more simpler to answer because the child is still small
    Just tell the child to look up to the sky and tell him "Babies comes from God "

6. I will answer that kid like this. :rolling:

"Kid, you are too young for that, the magic spell is only effective when you are 18 and above. You need to wait until you get 18 years, I will teach you the magic spell, for you to be an honorable wizard."

OMG! That's magical :love:

1 person likes this.
  7. Aeolos

Aeolos New Member

This is my answer when my nephew ask me that question and I quote, "Babies were born when two people fall in love, like your mommy and daddy. You are created by that love and we are thankful of it." . Now that he grows up and did learn how babies were really born, I can't really blame him believing a child is born through love and not with "the intercourse". I really don't like saying it up to now. I'm sorry.

1 person likes this.
  8. bee.rthooyah

bee.rthooyah New Member

Three year old children doesnt have any idea or will have a hard time to understand the natural process that occurs in creating a life. That kind of questions needs only simple answers. When my 7 year old daughter ask me that kind of question when she around 4 years old. I simply told her that God gave her to me and her mommy which she truly are. I also told her that me and her mommy love each other so much that God decided to give her to us. I told her that, in order for her to value love, family and most specially God.

1 person likes this.
  9. Marion102513

Marion102513 New Member

This is really a tough question if your kid asks this so in my opinion i just have to dodge this kind of topic. I have a 5 years old daughter who ask me also this kind of question,at first i was shock because i was caught ofv guard by her question and when i recover i just amile to her and tell that "someday when ypu get bigger and old enough i will tell you how babies are made". Maybe i just satisfied her that i explained it to her properly she doesn't ask that again or seem moved on from that topic.

10. Femyper

Femyper New Member

This is sensitive question for a innocent mind. I would just answer the babies came from the womb of a mother and the fruit of the love of your parents.

11. TOMSHANJ

TOMSHANJ Member

A CHILD IS A GIFT FROM GOD TO PEOPLE YOU CALL PARENTS WHEN YOUR PARENTS PRAYED TO GOD TO GIVE THEM A BABY, HE GAVE THEM YOU SO YOU ARE A GIFT FROM GOD THAT'S WHY YOUR PARENTS LOVE YOU SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU ARE THEIR GIFT FROM GOD

12. Very interesting indeed. You must know that the children we have today are not as naive as the children of 60 years. These children have seen women delivering in hospitals on TV. They have seen pregnant women who later gave birth and have babies.

Children know that children come from stomachs. One has to be careful how to answer. Let your child not term you a lier.

13. ravelo gerry

ravelo gerry New Member

No i wont tell it. First its to early for the innocent child to know the truth. Maybe i will tell the kid when he reach his legal age at 18 plus a magical bonus of how he would do it.