How do you deal with depression?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by TYBG, Nov 14, 2013.

1. msdecstro11

msdecstro11 New Member

Depression is one of a serious illness. Illness that should not be laugh about or take for granted. Sad to say i'ts one of the many cause of suicidal incident nowadays. Me and my friends based in our own life experience, we also go through to this cycle of life. God created all of us uniquely and differently, there are so many thing we should consider and look when dealing with depression, different approach, different interventions and treatments. I'm not saying you should do this or not do this, I'm not saying i'm right or wrong because we all have different personalities, beliefs and introspective, but i think in someway it could help.
    One of the best thing to do, to deal with depression, First is to be open to your feelings and thoughts to our family and friends. So that, they will be aware that you are dealing with this illness, they may help you, you can talk about it with them, open everything you feel and think, in that way it can help you to ease what you feel, at some point you will feel you are not alone to this fight, and that they will be there for you no matter what.
    Second surround your self with happy and positive people, they can soothe and change your vibes.
    Third make your self busy as much as possible, go out with friends, go shopping, do some sports. In this way at some instance you might forget what you feel and not have a chance to entertain that thoughts and feelings your dealing with.
    Fourth try to learn new things, like learn how to bake a cake or how to play a violin in this way your mind and emotions will be occupied with positive and different vibes.
    Fifth travel, by travelling you can meet new people make friends with them and you will also learn different culture.
    Sixth one of the best thing to do read the word of God and Pray, meditate with his words and promises, Me as for my own experience this is what i always do when depression attacks me. I pray hard and read his words and promises. Because "He will never leave you nor forsake you" God is greater that this depression, believe and have faith.
    And lastly, if those things I've said can't help you, i think one of the best thing to do is see a doctor and have a counseling, in this way they can help you a lot, because they study about it and they are more knowledgeable what to do and what interventions to apply.
    That's all guys, i hope it will help you. Godbles!!:)

2. blurdface357

blurdface357 New Member

Depression is very hard to control specially when you undergo hard times of your life. Like when somebody you love of somebody in your family died. You will be depress about it and it can change you to a bad person or even you depression can kill you.

3. blurdface357

blurdface357 New Member

Depression is very hard to handle it can cost your life in hell.

4. treborlead

treborlead New Member

Battling for depression are the hardest time in our life. For me to overcome depression are with the helped of the people around us. Cause I experience it once in my life that I was down and do'est know were to start my life, It's like the whole world are over with me. But thanks God and my family who inspired and lift me up that everything can be changed.

5. If I am feeling the symptoms of stress, like I'm overeating or feeling fatigue and cranky. I would normally breathe deeply and take a break for at least 5 minutes. It would ease my anxiety if I slow down and feel the space around me. I choose to divert my attention to positive things or optimistic person. But in worst case scenario, if the stress becomes extreme, I will surely get a good massage and sleep right after. The next morning, I am all good.

6. Lhotte Noble

Lhotte Noble New Member

Depression is an extremely complex disease. No one knows exactly what causes it, but it can occur for a variety of reasons. Some people experience depression during a serious medical illness. Others may have depression with life changes such as a move or the death of a loved one. Still others have a family history of depression. Those who do may experience it and feel overwhelmed with sadness and loneliness for no known reason. So don't let depression takes away your whole life, manage to balance your thoughts about things and don't let it drown you to despair. Always pray and ask for God's guidance.

7. daryll06

daryll06 New Member

If I have problems and I feel like depressed, I always watch religious programs, reading a Bible, attend worship services in my church. Also, I always to every person who has positive outlook in life to uplift my spirituality. With that, it will help me win the fight against depression.

8. jaclynkate0427

jaclynkate0427 New Member

Depression is not an ordinary case, and we should not ignore the people who experience this. I have a brother who experience depression and its not easy. He always stay inside his room,often talk, and restless.We notice the changes in him especially in his actions and attitude. It started when our father died. Just like you, he don't want to undergo a medication.What we did was we search regarding this case and on how to deal with it in a naturally way without having a medication. So, we started talking him with motivation, encourage him, talk to him positively. We encourage him to do some physical activities, go out with his friends. We also talk to his friends to visit him, and talk to him. For me the Family, Friends and Relatives are the number one who can really help or who has a big role in helping those people who experience depression.

9. SurreTina

SurreTina Member

Talking with people that are close to you is one of the best things to do, or going for a walk and listening to music or playing games and watching TV Shows is a great way.

10. Boymeep

Boymeep New Member

I opened up to others about how i'm feeling. It can be hard to open up about how you’re feeling—especially when you’re feeling depressed. But they don’t mean you’re weak, fundamentally flawed, or no good. Accepting your feelings and opening up about them with someone you trust will help you feel less alone. It is very helpful to share your worries with someone who will listen and care. They don't need to be able to "fix" you; they just need to be good listeners. It takes time to heal, it is a slow recovery. However, you will be victorious.

11. Rochelle P Gablines

Rochelle P Gablines New Member

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than just the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected, and/or alienated from other people, so that it feels difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often feel empty or hollow inside.

Being alone and lonely, and even just the fear of being alone, make many people insecure, anxious and depressed. If you fear being alone you may become over needy of other people and feel as if you must be around people at all times. While we all, to varying degrees, need people in our life, if you feel you must have people around all the time then this need is controlling you.

What is meant by "being alone" means different things to different people. It is critical to evaluate what makes up your fear and to what degree this fear controls you and your behavior. For example, it is important to note if there are any social elements to the fear, is the fear related to personal violence concerns, and is the focus on one particular person or type of person rather than on the need to have another human being in close proximity.

Clinical and research evidence supports the fact that all too often one of the main reasons that both men and women get into a relationship, and then often stay in a relationship, is related to a fear of being alone. And as any good counselor knows, a relationship that is based on fear is destined to be a very unhappy and unfulfilling relationship. Until a person can learn to enjoy their own company, they may constantly find themselves lonely or getting into relationships that are, or end up, based on fear. All too often, people who are not comfortable with themselves unknowingly stop themselves from not only being the best person they can be but from experiencing deep levels of intimacy with others as well.

At the extreme, the fear of being alone is known by a number of names - Autophobia, Isolaphobia, and Monophobia. This fear of being alone often significantly impacts on a person's quality of life. It can cause panic attacks, keep people apart from loved ones and business associates, and play total havoc with a person's life. Symptoms typically include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and overall feelings of dread, although everyone experiences being alone fear in their own way and may have different symptoms.

12. manstar

manstar New Member

By surrounding myself with the right people, giving me the right unbiased advised and lifts me up to overcome the depression.

13. Sherwindelarosa

Sherwindelarosa New Member

BE STRONG BANISH FEAR AND DOUBT REMEMBER THE LORD IS WITH YOU, WHERE EVER YOU GO.. Joshua 1:9
    stay focus and submit to the LORD he knows what to do.. use his yoke to lighten every thing in your shoulder... make new friends... I'm here lay your trouble in my shoulder and keep your worries in the pocket rest your love to our Lord God

14. romilda

romilda Member

Stay calm, relax and try to accept things that it happens for a reason.

15. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

There are some factors contributing to depression like hormonal imbalances, gut imbalances. neurotransmitter imbalances and micro and macro nutrient deficiencies. If you're a man, low testosterone, gut imbalances like auto immune diseases, dopamine-serotonin imbalances will contribute to depression. This is a complex study and it really needs doctor's advice. But I am sure that by eating healthy foods, having a regular exercise, 7-9 hours of sleep, staying and doing outdoor activities, having good moments with positive people and taking a good multivitamin will positively have impact on your depression. Hope this helps you. :)