How do you define happiness?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by ritz2, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ritz2

ritz2 New Member

What makes YOU happy? :)

2. Markjim

Markjim Member

Happiness is a feeling that we feel when we are with someone that we love, and you know that he/she will never let you go. Its not easy to find happiness, it takes a year to find a guy that will make you happy,smile,comfortable, and never let you down. So if you found happiness never let it go because once you let it go I'm sure that you will regret it later.

1 person likes this.
  3. zor1448

zor1448 New Member

Happiness is inside all of us. We just need to find something that can help us to show and feel it. Happiness can be formed in many ways, emotionally and physically. We find happiness with our family and other people around us. To our achievements in life.

4. Em14

Em14 New Member

Happiness for me is being contented on having what you have. Happiness is from your inner feeling that comes to your heart that goes out with your emotions and actions. loves come along with happiness.

5. wilbertbarrientos

wilbertbarrientos New Member

Everyone has their own definition of happiness. As for me, "Happiness is the feeling of being satisfied". When you are satisfied, that gives you the feeling of success. and when you feel that you are successful of something, that will give you the feeling of happiness. I like being happy because it makes me more productive in every single day that i do my stuff and i think it is much better if all people feel the same way so that there are no haters in the world. Let us make this world a happy one so as to erase all kinds of negativity and people will live fulfilling their ultimate goals in life.

6. Kateryna

Kateryna New Member

Happiness is not only the feeling of joy or satisfaction . Happiness is the emotion you experience when you are loved and accepted, when there is someone you can share your most cherished thoughts, and this someone understands you. One may be rich or poor, sick or healthy, but people feel truly happy when they are supported and appreciated by others. In my opinion, the opposite of Happiness is not sadness, but loneliness.

7. happyfeet

happyfeet New Member

Oh my! This question is so simple yet many (including myself) find it really hard to makes answers. Happiness they say is found within us. It is already in you. You don’t have to look for it, because it is you. This is the thing that the rich and the poor wants to find. How do we really define happiness? Because happiness is you, it depends on you. You became happy when you share yourself with others. Happiness can be silence for people who live in a very busy place. Happiness can be food, for people who are starving. Happiness can be your partner, family or your friends.

8. erinjade

erinjade New Member

Happiness is when you are contented with the things that you have without comparing yourself to other people. You can truly find happiness if you love yourself for who you are and accept your flaws and imperfections. We should learn to not depend our happiness to other people because when they're gone, you'll find it hard to be happy and instead, you'll just feel empty on the inside. There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy so start finding your true happiness.

9. glayting

glayting New Member

Everyone is looking for happiness and each one of us has its own concept. Some find happiness in faith and spiritual matters and some find it in material matters. Part of happiness is difficult to find and another part finds it in every detail in our daily live .

10. myreviewmattersmost

myreviewmattersmost New Member

Happiness is found within yourself, looking outside of yourself for happiness will only give someone or something control over your happiness. I use to look at riches and material things for happiness but all along it was me that invested my time and energy into those things that temporarily gave me joy. Yes, riches and material possessions are a necessity, but not your source of happiness.

I’ve seen some family turn to their significant others for their source of happiness and meaning of life. Which I felt was very dangerous because if that relationship ends there goes their lives purpose and happiness down the drain. Or maybe their spouse could have been broken and not completely for-filled inside. Over happiness is a gift we all have access to within ourselves, once you find you it’s no turning back.

I’ve come to that understandings last spring, I always thought once I get this or once I accomplish that I’ll be happy. When in reality, I was my own happiness. Looking outside of myself was almost a guaranteed fail of obtaining any happiness. The pressure and the anxiety have left and I am able to breath fresh air knowing I’m going to be just fine, it feels so good to be happy!

11. xshayx

xshayx New Member

My happiness is 'him' now he's with someone else.
    So.. :(

12. Cindyrelleee

Cindyrelleee New Member

Happiness comes in different forms. It can be your dog, the neighbor who always crack sick jokes, your weird classmates or admirers, the first salary you get, the unborn child, the sunset. Happiness comes with genuine love.

13. arcenal18

arcenal18 New Member

Happiness is when you are contented and love what you are doing. For me, that is happiness. If you find yourself feeling good and not worrying from what will be the outcome.

14. fhordie13

fhordie13 New Member

Happiness is a way of life. Happiness is something that comes from within the self. We have been blinded that to be happy, something outside of us have to happen first. In such case, our happiness became so dependent on other people, things and worldly material. And our life gets controlled not by ourselves but by others.

15. mfmojapelo

mfmojapelo New Member

happiness is when you have the freedom to express yourself without being judged whatsoever. You do NOT find happiness in someone else, you find it within yourself and then share it with other people. Contentment and satisfaction is the start of a journey full of happiness

16. hexokwon

hexokwon New Member

I define happiness as being completely content with what you have. I have recently discovered that happiness is here, now. You can't say to yourself, oh I'll be happy after this or once I get this. You need to decide to be happy now. It can be very difficult. You need to learn to love yourself completely and also to be extremely grateful for everything around you. When you practice those two things you can learn to be completely content as you are right now.

Happiness is dropping all judgements on your situation, yourself and others.

17. Aprillapid

Aprillapid Member

Happiness is when your life fulfill and satisfied your needs. The feeling of contentment ,sense of well-being and joy.
    People who feel safe, lucky and successful feel happiness.

1 person likes this.
  18. Remziel

Remziel Member

Happiness is that feeling that comes over you when you know life is good and you can't help but smile. It's the opposite of sadness. Happiness is a sense of well-being, joy, or contentment. When people are successful, or safe, or lucky, they feel happiness.

19. mysticalnymph2

mysticalnymph2 New Member

There's really no exact definition of happiness. For me, happiness is just one's state of mind and perception. I do believe that we are by nature happy. It's just that negative things happen. And with this, our perception changes and become clouded. There's no such thing as a perfectly positive life. However, we could retain our state of happiness if we could focus more on the positive things. Because if we do this we would be more appreciative and thus experience more positive emotions.

1 person likes this.
  20. Artemis456

Artemis456 Member

Happiness doesn't just about material things that we have. Happiness is also doing things that you like without harming other people.

21. Enzieeee

Enzieeee New Member

It's happy to see how you guys express what really "happiness" means, for me seeing you express these things somehow brings me to a different scenarios of happy moments like just every tap it changes like a dream. Different stories, different feelings, but im happy for you guys that you know what "happiness" really is for you. Simply means that you're in a positive outlook in life. cheers.

22. gev1989

gev1989 New Member

To be happy, you must be free, especially in the choice, regardless of the difficult situation, you have to decide for yourself how to behave and be responsible only for you, do not blame others for your failures. Everyone has his own understanding of the type of happiness.

23. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

It's a personal definition. But I would suppose when it reaches the point when your mood is up high even if you are not doing anything. This is a milestone that's hard to reach. As you grow older, your definition and needs change. It becomes more selfless and less demanding. Your values and priority shift to something more bigger than yourself. Happiness is not entirely about smiles and laughter but sometimes about legacy you are leaving behind.

24. Rowenafranco

Rowenafranco New Member

Contentment,its how i define happiness.If you are happy,you are contented for what you have in life.It makes you happy.

25. Michael07

Michael07 Member

Happiness is having a complete and close family who always care, always guide, encourage, and shows love to every member of the family. Having a mother and a father who always encourage me. Mentor me whenever I make mistakes and supports me in every decision that I made as long as it is for the better. Happiness is finding someone who gives importance to me, someone who's always there through my ups and downs, someone who accepts me for who I really am, and someone who is not afraid of showing everyone how much she loved me. And I am very thankful and blessed that I have all of these.

26. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

I just read a comic strip last night about happiness. It says there that people are happy when they get what they want but sometimes, the wants become never ending and in reality, we're never really happy. According to the artist, the key to happiness is contentment.

Being happy is subjective. It's up to you if you want to be happy or not. For me, personally, I agree with the comics. Being happy is just about being contented with what you have. As long as I have my family and friends who love me and care for me then I'm fine.

27. mariebernadette

mariebernadette New Member

For me, happiness is contentment. Because once you feel contented with what you have and with what is happening in your life, you will already feel happy about it. Contentment is like the finish line in the sense that if you are not contented with something, you will never stop searching for what can make you contented, and since you are not contented with what you already have, you can't really be truly happy because you feel incomplete.

28. cheng227

cheng227 New Member

It depends on a person on how she or he define happiness, but for me happiness means being satisfied on what you have and on what you achieved. You can only feel true happiness if you are contented. You cannot tell others that you are happy even though you are not, because in the end its only you who will suffer.

29. Makinaru

Makinaru New Member

Happiness is being satisfied for what you have and you achieve. Happiness is being with your family, friends and your love one. That is happiness for me.

30. jendysarzaba1

jendysarzaba1 New Member

Happiness for me is being contented of what God is given unto you... If you are able to be contented and enjoying the things around you, then you are a blessed person. We all want to be happy! but happiness is a choice! being with our loved ones is the most precious and happiest thing in our lives...The secret of happiness is to love by God, and if God loves us he will protect and guide us in everything we do.... :)