How do you generate traffic on your blog ?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Elios, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Elios

Elios New Member

Recently I opened a blog, but I had only 2 visitors this month. Any tips on how to gain a loyal audience?

2. Lynne Huysamen

Lynne Huysamen New Member

There are loads of things that you can do to get traffic to your blog. My first recommendation is to keep creating high quality content on a regular basis. Creating content will help people to find you on search engines, as well as give you something interesting to share on social networks.

Doing some basic keyword research will benefit you greatly - if you know what people are searching for and how much competition there is will give you a better idea what to write about.

Learn some basic on-page SEO and get active on social networks.

Another great way to get traffic is to start building a list and when you create new content or you want to draw traffic to your website you can send out a newsletter.

Start networking with other bloggers in your niche and start sharing their content, some of them are bound to return the favor.

Good luck with your new blog.

3. jbmurillo

jbmurillo New Member

There are a lot of things you can do to boost the traffic of your website. One thing really effective is by the use of social media, one thing there is Facebook. Try to join some groups of your niche and interest and post you blog there or create a page for your blog and try the boost function but it is paid. You can also learn some basic SEO for your own web log.

One of the things I also consider is by the use of Pinterest, as it is one of the most powerful search engine in the net today. I would also recommend for you to monetize your blog using adsense or affiliate marketing if you already have the traffic you need.

One thing too is networking with some other bloggers or guesting into some other blggers website, this is a big help too for you and your blog.

Goodluck :)

4. HeatherP7475

HeatherP7475 New Member

Have you invited friends and family to view your blog? What about coworkers? Start with your sphere of influence first. Casually mention it in conversation that you have a new blog and would like some feedback. People love to give their opinions. If you don’t want to take their recommendations, then don’t worry about what they have to say. Perhaps one of your blog posts with resonate with one of them and they will share it.

Also, take a look at JustRetweet.com. There you can sign up to have other people retweet your link for JustRetweet credits. This tool not only uses Twitter, but also allows for you to use Facebook and Google+. I have used this for client of mine with great success.

How often are you blogging and how much original content do you have? Creating good quality content on a consistent basis is important for any blog. Your content draws in visitors, but if you’re not blogging consistently, visitors are going to notice that. It could mean that they choose not to sign up or share your site. Create a calendar of when you can blog. Is it daily? Weekly? Bimonthly? The amount of posting isn’t as important as how regularly you post.

I hope these have helped you.

5. Avtar Singh

Avtar Singh New Member

There are numerous ways to generate traffic online.Most of the people fail to drive traffic to there blogs because they start a blog without any proper planning and it leads to failure.I will recommend you to start search engine optimization properly.However, If you don't know about SEO you can hire an SEO expert for it.Hope your blog will start generating some income for you very soon :)

6. armilp

armilp New Member

One way of generating traffic is to join a community of bloggers. Usually if another blogger has a similar niche as you, you both can link to each other. It's somewhat of a collaboration. You can also collaborate even if your blogs are totally different. For example, if I have a blog about traveling and the camera that I use, I can refer my viewers to another blogger who specializes in cameras. Then he/she can use my photos on their blog with maybe a caption of, "If you like the photos of this GoPro 6, take a look at my friend's blog to see more great photos using this camera."

Joining a community can bring a lot of camaraderie among bloggers, and it can be a great way to get ideas on how to build traffic onto your site.

7. ameliab

ameliab New Member

If I had to choose three things that were essential to growing a blog's readership, then I would name the following: creating quality content, promotion, and community fellowship. Let's start with the first one, creating quality content is important to attract readers and of course to get indexed by Google. I think the best blog content is what solves your target market's problems or answer their questions (e.g. How to Help Children to Adjust to New Culture). But blogging doesn't end with writing and publishing a post. You must promote it in order to generate traffic. The obvious places are on your social media platforms. And I am learning that promotion is a continuous process. Finally, community fellowship is important. I think I just coin a new term. What is that? It means engaging with other bloggers on their blogs, social media, and in niche blogging groups. A bonus tip is to have an opt-in, which relates to all of the above named three. The content needs to answer readers questions or solve some sort of problem they may have or didn't know they had until they saw your blog's title and after reading it, they want to subscribe to get more blog updates. Secondly, an opt-in is essential so that you can promote your blog to readers. To get them to subscribe, give them something free (a free download of exclusive content). And finally, not only do we need to join blogging communities, but we should be creating an engaging blog community of our own.

8. holybunny

holybunny New Member

SEO is the best one to increase traffic for any kind of website.Coming under SEO method there are many method available to increase website traffic. There are,

1. Article Writing & Submission
    2. Social bookmarking
    3. Quality Inbound Links
    4. Content sharing
    5. Keyword Stuffing
    6. Automatically generated keyword pages
    7. Google Bowling
    8. Different content for search engines than users
    To get seo service visit Maxwellglobalsoftware.com here they provide Search engine visibility service which bring traffic to our website. Maxwellglobalsoftware is the top seo company in chennai. They are offering a SEO and SEM Services that resulted in leads, .movement and deals for your business sites.They also provide Powerful reports that show you how to move your website up in search results.

9. jaymax360

jaymax360 Member

There so many way that you can do to increase traffic in your blog, Some of these ways are free but some are not for free but today am going to tell you about these free ways that a blogger can employ to increase traffic on his or her blog.

1. Joining different social media group; This is my favorite way to increase traffic to my blog, you simply join group that discuss the same content that you post in your blog then you start posting you post in these group and these group you can get them in facebook,messengers,google plus and etc.

2. Quora; This is a platform that allow people to ask different questions and get answers. In this platform you can generate traffic by participating in answering questions that match with the content that you discuss in you blog and also adding a link to the answer that will direct people to your blog when people see your answer they also see a link to your blog.

3. Optimize your blog content; This is the foundation of the system. If you want to truly increase blog traffic, you first need to make sure your blog content is optimized. Otherwise the traffic will be fleeting and only temporary.

10. Khalil Khalid

Khalil Khalid Member

1. Write more. ...
    2. Promote with social media. ...
    3. Write better titles. ...
    4. Know your niche. ...
    5. Include photos. ...
    6. Incorporate keywords. ...
    7. Incorporate links. ...
    8. Add social sharing buttons
    9. Retweet past content..
    10. Invite Guest Contributers.
    11. add video. Is there any thing else i had to tell you about it.

11. wilfredorv31

wilfredorv31 New Member

I would recommend uploading a video to youtube, promoting your blog and adding to your video tags similar to the most popular videos in your same category. Create several profiles on social networks and send different groups the link to your page offering some real benefit, and finally, you could enter a page for the exchange of traffic, there are many on the internet where you do not need to invest. For example, visit when you can https://msplusdinero.blogspot.com and you will know other options.

12. If you want to increase blog traffic, the best thing you can do is quite simply create better content. You’ve probably heard this before - the term “content is king” is thrown around more than a funnel at a frat party. But creating “better content” isn’t just about quality. It also means being more strategic with your content marketing efforts.

[​IMG]
    The most successful content is the kind thatmeets a specific need. Think about your audience and what they love. Content these days almost always falls into one of two categories: cool and funny or useful and educational. Choose either and you’re probably off to a good start.

If you need ideas, check out Quora and see what questions are being asked that relate to your industry subject. Also try usingBuzzsumo to see what others have written about in your field, then make something even better. Or use one of these eight handyblog topic generators.

When it comes to content style, shoot for shocking statistics, beautiful infographics, and rich storytelling via video. Create stuff people want to link to and share.

13. paulsevere

paulsevere New Member

There are many ways I generate traffic to my site...

My main focus is on organic traffic (From Search Engine).

I write quality content and post it frequently. In order to write my posts I do keyword research and based on my keyword I write my blog post. So that my posts can rank well on Google and it will drive traffic to my site. Organic traffic is a free and potential traffic.

The second thing is I will share my posts on my social media accounts and it will drive traffic to my sites. At the same time, please don't sound too commercial.

I do drive some traffic from Quora... I answer questions related to blogging and it brings me some traffic to my site.

These are the few methods I drive traffic to my sites.

14. Angielashawn

Angielashawn New Member

There are many ways that you could generate traffic on your blogs and one that I know of is using Facebook. Facebook has an option where you can pay them to promote your blog. I believe it's about $3 a day, but they have different payment options.

15. Dove2007

Dove2007 New Member

Pick a topic that attracts traffic

if your topic is dull, you are not going to attract much traffic any time soon, use Google Trend, Buzzsumo and Feedly to research what’s in demand and to pick a topic/niche that is very captivating.

Analyze your headlines before hitting “publish”

Use a headline analyzer like Coshedule. Once you are done writing the post, copy and paste your draft headline into the free tool. It’s super-quick and effective.
    Once you punch in a headline, the tool assigns it a “Headline Score”. It also gives your headline a grade based on the overall structure, grammar and readability. The report dissects your headline into “common words”, “uncommon words”, “emotional words” and “power words”. It tells you your headline “type” (this post is a “list type”) and does a length analysis. Lastly, you get some cool tips to improve your headline, all for free and in under a few minutes.

Make social sharing easy

A recent study found that using social sharing buttons on posts leads to 7 times more mentions. Start with writing magnetic headlines that are short and brief (for platforms such as Twitter so there’s room for shortened URLs). Include hashtags and usernames when appropriate.

16. Shally

Shally Member

Improving your web traffic by discovering new audiences globally using your targeting features.

17. jpsnow14

jpsnow14 New Member

The key on having a large increase on your traffic is to give your followers what they want. Give them things that can help them, it is maybe emotional, mental or spiritual needs. It is the main responsibility of a blogger, to met the needs of their target followers. You must think of new techniques, be creative and use your God given skills. Blogging is not all about money at all, your first goal is to give things that can help others.