How do you handle rejection?

Discussion in 'Freelance Writing Challenges' started by Erimo, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Erimo

Erimo Member

Rejection is one of the most painful challenges that people could ever experience in life. For we are flawed, consider this as inevitable. Since rejection is part of our journey, the question now is, up to what extent could we handle this.

I've been rejected for the nth time already. Instead of looking for what went wrong, I've just come up of trying to find ways on how to make myself better. With that, I'm giving myself benefit of a doubt, that it's not like this all the time. Sooner or later, I would be getting what I'm deserving for.

2. Rooneey

Rooneey Member

Well, for me if someone rejected me. It's okay. At least i tried. There is a saying "Don't be afraid to try but afraid not to try."He maybe rejected me, but at least i know how he felt about me.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sirgalapong

Sirgalapong New Member

Rejection can be defined as the act of pushing someone or something away. Rejection can be experienced on a large scale or in small ways in everyday life. everyone can experience rejection you or even me if i ever get rejected i can handle it on my own.

4. Emther

Emther New Member

I have been rejected a lot of times in my life already be it academically or in personal relationships. At first, it would hurt but I always tell myself that there's a reason for everything. The hurt oftentimes subsides when I reflect on the situation. During reflection, I learn what I did wrong and how to improve myself and through this, I have made rejection a tool not to hurt my self but a way to develop myself. I used it to learn to improve and to win at life. I find it if I take rejection this way, I actually feel better because I would know that in the end, I would come out a better version of myself.

5. snesz08

snesz08 Member

I handle rejection in a way that, I always stay positive, because I believe that everything happen for a reason. it is not yet to fight your battle. there is something better coming my way and I keep myself positive. I know there is more opportunity, why is rejection happened to me. I always think my goals and my favourite persons to enjoy life.

6. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

You must not view rejection as a bad thing, but rather see it in a positive light because the truth is that rejection is critical for long-term success. In fact, people who are most successful get rejected the most often and only succeed because they were willing to risk failure repeatedly. ThereTherefore to handle a rejection I see it as an opportunity to try something better or different.

7. tinatinay

tinatinay Member

I've been rejected many times, I got frustrated and sad but I did not take it too much. I just give my self time to embrace that frustration and sadness but I never take it a sign of being a loser or what ever you may call it. instead I took it as a challenge that I need to strive more and push a little bit more harder to improve my self. Don't let your rejection eat you. regaining your self back is more difficult that dealing with the rejection out right. Be mature enough to handle rejection and soon enough that rejection will help you be a better version of your self.

8. jonahclarus1994

jonahclarus1994 New Member

As an individual we should learn how to handle things such as rejection as merely a learning to help ourselves understand and grow maturely in life. Rejections should not be perceived as a negative thing to be depressed with but rather a positive way to see it with a silver lining or perceived it as a constructive criticism to improve ourselves. Because life isn't made to be perfectly structured. There's always a yin and yang, up and down, left and right, black and white, back and forth, push and pull, etc. and with these opposites we are able to see the beauty to humbly improve and be successful.

9. andrewgeorge

andrewgeorge New Member

Well, rejection is very painful and it leaves one devastated and unmotivated. But you don't have to succumb to all these pressure and emotional degradation. Just because someone rejected your article or paper doesn't mean you are a failure. I believe in pressing on and getting motivated even to do better.

10. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

It will be painful at first and it can really leave you empty inside. You need to give yourself some time to let the pain go. After that, you should know what it is that you did wrong. Learn from it and try again when you are ready. Sometimes rejection can be a blessing in disguise if we learn from it.

11. Morganace

Morganace New Member

Rejection is not as bad as it seems no one wants to be rejected or unwanted. If we remove our personal feeling and look and the bigger picture and that we all have a type of person that we are attracted to also try turning a negative situation into something positive like being happy the person was honest about there feeling and did not waste your time playing with your feeling. I always say I don't want to step in the way of someones forever or fate.

12. TBV

TBV New Member

"No" has become part of my daily professional life, I work as a sales manager and 99 out of 100 companies will say "No" in some way. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    How to handle so much rejection and negative feedback? Just tell them YES, act positive and try to work with the rejection. Try to find out why you were rejected, sometimes things can be worked out towards the positive answer and maybe the other side missed something important about you, about your product or skills. It is very important to know when to ask questions and when not. It is also very important to never stop trying to reach the goal you set in the beginning of the journey.
    So, my fellow virtual friends, take a deep breath and keep pushing your way towards the success!

13. gcm2455

gcm2455 Member

Being rejected or having been rejected is just a part of a normal life. What counts most is how you respond to some rejection. Who knows? It might be a wake-up call for you to improve yourself or it is a challenge for you to strive more, or it is a way that provides you better access to something more beneficial or more essential. Let us be positive and optimistic. Feelings of frustration or tears of dejection may not make you see the "stars" because you have cried over a lost "sun."

14. jemsameya26

jemsameya26 New Member

Rejection maybe is a sign that situation or things doesn't belong to us or someone. It really painful sometimes but in the end it has a better impact to us because it makes us stronger and tougher. We must accept all rejection into positive even how painful it was just believe in ourselves that it will pass. Lastly, God knows our suffering just trust him and He will direct us into goodness.

15. hlabajosa1966

hlabajosa1966 Member

Rejection is a part of every step we made in LIFE just learn to deal with it and keep moving.Life does not get easier ,you should get stronger and positive .Always think if you are rejected maybe there is something greater to come, It's like hey it is not the right one for you it is like a wrong direction for a better Life.Be confident and positive always cause Life must go on.

16. Treveez

Treveez Member

For me
    How to Deal With Rejection at Work
    1. Do You Experience Rejection at Work? ...
    2. Bolster Your Courage. ...
    3. Manage Your Emotions. ...
    4. Ask for Feedback and Gather Information. ...
    5. Learn From Rejection. ...
    6. Take Positive Action to Develop or Change. ...
    7. Make Sure That the Right People Know That You're Taking Steps.

17. leidelacueva

leidelacueva New Member

Rejection can be painfully awful, indeed, it is an unavoidable aspect of human being. Before we become successful in anything, whether in career, love or in life, everyone has to face rejection. Sometimes so much of the hurt we feel inside isn’t about the rejection itself but what we tell to ourselves. How we react to rejection is often equally or more than what really the rejection itself. That’s why it’s really important how we handle our emotions when we are rejected.
    There are many ways to learn how we can handle ourselves, like some psychological tool and techniques or to learn more about yourself so you can stay in a healthy realistic mind frame. Allow yourself to feel the pain, we can always choose how we can react and we shouldn’t allow our emotions or feelings to take over of what we feel inside. It’s important that we allow ourselves to feel the sadness, this can trigger our inner self. By this, we can handle our emotions against others and to avoid hurting them on our surface level.

18. evequicho

evequicho Member

In case of rejection, I always remind myself that happiness is a choice. I can feel sadness for a moment but after that I will try to think of positive things or might be some reasons for the rejection. I believe that we cannot have all the things that we wanted. There is a blessing in disguise .

19. madzdavid

madzdavid New Member

Before to me, rejection is rejection. I can't do anything about it, but every time I got rejected it hurts me so much. So, I asked myself why and decided to deal with it. Rejection is just a way and hints for you to improve and be better. At first, it would be difficult to deal with it, but as you go on and accept it in a positive way. You will feel fulfilled.

20. alexgonzi

alexgonzi New Member

Being rejected is always part of life. If you look into the biography of some of the famous actors today, you will find that many of them were rejected early in their career. However, after some persistence, they eventually get a dream part that launch their career success. It is a matter of not giving up. Always move forward. It doesn't always rain. Sunshine always follow. Always keep that smile :).

21. ss2diamonds

ss2diamonds New Member

At first, rejection is a painful, sad thing. To think that your work is or you yourself are rejected would make you stop and be sorry for a while:confused:. On the other hand, think of rejection as a motivating factor to do more, get better and make the best of yourself.:cool:

22. sheilasagario

sheilasagario New Member

Rejection is a normal thing in life but at the same time its so painful. Rejection make yourself a better one, its boost your courage to do something that will make everyone admire you.

23. jeda30

jeda30 Member

Rejection is very common nowadays, it happens at work, in school or even in society. It could be painful at times and sometimes can cause depression to someone who experienced this but others take it as a challenge. Like trying to analyze the reasons or factors why someone rejects you. Maybe because of your characteristics that do not to fit to people who reject you or there are something wrong with the characteristics of those people. You just have to take some time to analyze things because it may improve your personality.

24. Rejection is always there in every situation. Don't blame anyone or yourself for being rejected. I handle rejection by being positive and have faith in God. I always pray to God and thanking him even when rejected.

25. Cvile

Cvile New Member

Well, dealing with rejection should be done easily, just try to figure out why you've been rejected. If you can improve or change the "flaw" do it. If you do not want to, find someone who wont reject you..

1 person likes this.
  26. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

Dealing with rejection requires acceptance and positive mindset. It can be painful at first and can be hard to deal with but when you already realize that not everything we want for ourselves can be achievable. There are some circumstances that we have to accept the fact that we're meant something else, not for the things we aim for. Experiencing rejection as well is a good opportunity for us to see our mistakes and look back to what we could have done better. And when you already accepted it, be positive that the next time you're going to experience it again, you'll be able to do it correctly.

27. Lhits

Lhits Member

Practical steps on dealing with rejection
    1. Tell yourself it will go because it really will. ...
    2. Engage in physical activities. ...
    3. Focus outside yourself. ...
    4. Learn something new. ...
    5. Travel. ...
    6. Meet new people. ...
    7. Consider counseling. ...
    8. Use self-hypnosis.

28. Budstar

Budstar New Member

I handle rejection by making it an inspiration to be better in the future. It makes me stronger and more motivated to do what I love. It doesn't stop me from believing if others can do it I can do it too and have full trust and faith in myself that someday I will also reach my dreams.

29. starheart

starheart New Member

Rejection makes you better. I take rejection as an opportunity to do better. Its a way of proving yourself to others. Sometimes rejection will lead you to a better way because God has better plan for you.

30. vanessadv

vanessadv New Member

I take rejection as an inspiration to make myself better. Like for example, I was rejected in the position I applied for promotion in our company, I showed them that they are wrong for not choosing me. After some months, I was awarded as the first best employee of the year and for having perfect attendance. And then the one that they got has nothing.