HOW DO YOU MANAGE STRESS?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by -mejz-, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Merylin

Merylin New Member

I always try to identify what precisely is causing me stress. What is it exactly? What do I have to do to get it out of my mind? Worrying never solves anything. If you cannot or do not intend to work on the thing worrying you, the best thing you can do is to distract yourself for a while, because you're being counter-productive by obsessing about it. If you feel that you need to be stressed in order to be motivated, always remember to take frequent breaks and to reward yourself so that you can unwind for a while. By doing so, I build up a reward cycle to incentivize myself to use my stress as a motivating force to get work done. If you stress out and never do anything to deal with it and never take a break, you just live in a constant state of stress and risk depression and physical health problems.

When I was younger, I suffered from depression and experienced a lot of anxiety about all kinds of things. One day, I had a moment of clarity and since then, I have been mostly stress-free, and here's why: worrying is the most unproductive thing you can do. It's especially stupid when it's about something that is outside of your control and accomplishes nothing, except wasting precious time. Unless you want to make your life more complicated and make others think that you're a neurotic mess. Other than in those specific instances, it's best to just cut it out of your life. Whenever I feel stressed, I always remind myself of how pointless and silly it is to waste time absorbed in negative thoughts, make an effort to forget about it or laugh it off, and then go on to do something actually productive towards whatever is stressing me out. If I cannot do something productive about it, then it's almost certainly something that I never had any business worrying about in the first place.

2. eugrchrd

eugrchrd New Member

You could try to practice yoga or meditation. Keeping yourself in shape is also very beneficial, because it is so much easier to overcome stress when your body is fit. And last but not least, try to get enough sleep and normalize your sleeping schedule.

3. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member

anybody suffering stress needs to know about this meditation technique specially created to reduce stress. I had tried many different types of meditation and none of them quite worked until I tried this one because it goes right to the core where it hurts most and offers a practical and easy solution. It has truly changed my life.
    So the name is MBRS and it stands for mindfulness based stress reduction and it was created by Jon Kabat Zinn at Mass General Hospital for patients with chronic pain. You google it. Let me know if you have any questions !

4. meekhil

meekhil New Member

It's important to find a healthy activity that makes you happy. It may be working out, doing yoga, watching a movie, or going on a trip. And then make sure to include this activity in your schedule.
    But more than that, try to identify what it is that's making you feel stressed. It maybe something at work, or someone at home. If you need to, talk to someone and ask for help. I believe it's effective to approach the problem at its source rather than just using "band-aid" solutions that provide only temporary relief.

5. matienza

matienza New Member

Stress causes a lot of health problems now a days, so It is very important that we manage them and not let it affect our daily lives. These are simple tips in managing stress levels.
    • Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol, and Nicotine (Though for most people they think that coffee, alcohol and smoking helps them in stress relief, the effects in our health can cause damage in more ways than one)
    • Indulge in Physical Activity
    • Get More Sleep
    • Try Relaxation Techniques
    • Talk to Someone
    • Keep a Stress Diary
    • Take Control
    • Manage Your Time

6. justfrederick

justfrederick New Member

Stress is an inevitable situation these days. We should not let stress consume us and let it ruin our lives. We can successfully manage stress by putting your mind over matter. If the stress is coming from your workplace then you have to learn to forget those work related things when you go home. If the stress is coming from your home then you have to concentrate doing your job when you are at work. Another way if managing stress is for you to resolve any issue that is causing the stress. Talk to anybody that can help you resolve the matter. If it is a work related issue then you may want to talk to your supervisor. If it is an issue in your home then you may have to speak to your parents or your partner. Other ways to manage stress is for you to do nothing. Sometimes, stress is not caused by any issues or problems. You may just want to find your inner self. The things that you are currently doing might be things that you don't really want to do. So you may want to go for a vacation for a while, either alone or with somebody. In general, you actually want to find out where the stress is coming from for you to be able to manage or overcome it effectively.

7. Trij

Trij New Member

To manage my stress I always listen to music that I like, be organize and focus in everything I do on my work. Maintain your balance diet in a healthy lifestyle, make sure you have a complete sleep. Give your self a break make a plan for vacation. Reach out to your friends talk to phone or face to face and share what's going on. Get moving exercise can reduce our stress You can go for a quick walk around the block, take the stairs up and down a few flights, or do some stretching like head rolls and shoulder shrugs. Most importantly always pray to have a good start everyday.

8. schesison

schesison New Member

Whenever I feel so stressed I try to engage my self in performing my hobbies such as listening to music, watching movies, window shopping or meeting with my friends but the most effective way for me to ease stressed is by eating things that is sweet, cold and salty. I feel like I am gritting all of the stress factors inside my mouth and crashing them bits by bits. And that is how i ease or relived my self from stressed.

9. Bianca616

Bianca616 New Member

I like to breathe when I feel stressed out. I have come a long way in terms of how I manage and deal with my stress. I have spent years trying to figure out the best ways to alleviate my stress. When I get the sensation of becoming overwhelmed with emotions or mental blockage, I simply breathe. It sounds way too simple, something we already do every other second but it actually has changed my life. It is one thing to know you're breathing and to continuously do it, but it is a completely different feeling to breathe consciously and focus on the breathe to allow yourself to come back to the present moment. This allows you to focus and remember that every situation can be figured out no matter the degree of complexity. I also like to go outside and be with nature, talk with my friends/family, listen to calming music, and write in my journal. All of these things will help you work through stressful situations because they allow you to really feel what is happening. Stress is inevitable in this day and age, so I do my best with the tools I have learned to keep a calm mental state.

10. anvidal

anvidal New Member

Stress is already a part of our everyday lives. There is no way out to avoid it. Taking a deep breath if you feel stressed is one way of relaxing.

11. jonjon1980

jonjon1980 Member

I can say yes I manage the stress everyday I often got stress when I get busy work as possible I avoid getting stress through healthy lifestyle

12. babyheart

babyheart New Member

Managing stress is actually kinda tricky, but I do so by taking a deep breath, staying in the shower for (yeah) almost an hour where I can do meditation and the running water helps me relax, think and plan.

13. jocelyn_v

jocelyn_v New Member

At the moment you get exposed to stress i highly recommend using stress balls. It is great for realising stress because we put tension on something. If you just want to release stress on your body try meditation. Just play a relaxing music and do some slow inhales and exhales. Another tip is to get plenty of rest and sleep. When we sleep our body releases stress and make us look younger.

14. ozol1

ozol1 New Member

My job is extremely stressful. So I run. Without music, without coaching. Just calm pace thru the woods. It works best for me. I run for about half an hour to one hour, it depends how tired I am. And it really good works for me. A few years ago I had troubles to sleep because of all thoughts and anger from work. But a few months after I start running I sleep like a baby. I also do calisthenics, but that doesn't calm me. Even the opposite. :)

15. AiMisaki

AiMisaki New Member

I manage stress by of course praying, meditation and thinking of positive thoughts.

16. Art Bryan

Art Bryan New Member

The way I deal stress is I imagine the happy momements of my life or I listen to music about hope and the irreplaceable way to deal with stress is just think positive in this way your mind will clear up slowly turns the bad vibes to in good one.

17. SupermanSA

SupermanSA New Member

when i have stress i find it hard to cope so the only thing i feel like doing is to eat, I eat too much and I know that it is unhealthy but it is the only thing that make me feel calm. Sometimes I write sad stories and poems regarding the situation i am facing at the moment

18. xenia0143

xenia0143 New Member

If you’re living with high levels of stress, you’re putting your entire well-being at risk. Stress wreaks havoc on your emotional equilibrium, as well as your physical health. It narrows your ability to think clearly, function effectively, and enjoy life. Effective stress management, on the other hand, helps you break the hold stress has on your life, so you can be happier, healthier, and more productive. The ultimate goal is a balanced life, with time for work, relationships, relaxation, and fun—and the resilience to hold up under pressure and meet challenges head on. But stress management is not one-size-fits-all. That’s why it’s important to experiment and find out what works best for you.

19. sierejer

sierejer New Member

I don't dwell on things that I have no control over. I make sure that I plan things ahead and consider some possible setbacks so when the time comes, I won't be shocked and stressed over the results. And when I'm already stressed as it is, I go for a walk or jog for a bit, just to clear my mind.

20. jm69

jm69 New Member

Stress is always everywhere in our everyday life most of the time at work. Other people do their best to avoid stress and be more stable. Know your ability for you to overcome stress and always try to adjust your life by managing the minimum amount of stress you can handle.

Whatever is the stress level you have, we can still manage stress through some techniques. Maybe we can used these techniques on work. Some relate the way they manage their personal lives. If people experienced high amounts of stress at work, lessening the stress level in other parts of your life maybe helpful.

Some events in our lives are really stressful especially when a family member dies or a serious illness. People think that happy things like having a new job or having a newborn child are also stressful. When we experience stress, we can relax maybe by having a vacation with family, enjoying and hanging out with friends or simply doing some exercises like yoga, doing outdoor activities which suits you the best way to relieve stress.

21. zaichi

zaichi New Member

we have our own timeline . People now a days is pressuring themselves on what they want to become and comparing there achievements on other ending up stressing themselves. We have our own timelines so we need to stop comparing our achievements on others. Main reason of stress is worrying, we worry on lot of things that we did not realize that we are wasting our time just by worrying and doing nothing. Its impossible to live a life without stress but we can control it. try to read books, if you are burnt out from work take a day off or just be lazy. if you have a lot of accrual to pull out a good long vacation travel and collect memories!. Eat what you wanted to eat, just do things that you wanted to do so that you can convert your energy into positive things. that way you can manage your stress.

22. Naiumkhan

Naiumkhan New Member

3 EFFICIENT WAYS TO MANAGE STRESS:

1. ELIMINATE STRESSFUL FACTORS

It is impossible to get rid of all the stressors in your life, but a good many of them can be eliminated after a realistic analysis. Identify people, situations and objects that cause stress in your life. Check what can be eliminated completely, what can be minimized, and what you can avoid. As far as possible, get away from anything that causes stress.

2. CHANGE THE PERSPECTIVE OF PROBLEMS
    If there is a stressful factor that can not be eliminated, change the way you look at it. Try to change the perspective of the problem , take control of the situation. What really causes stress is being controlled by a negative situation.If you look at it as an opportunity to learn and respond positively, the situations become less appalling.

3. TAKE ACTION
    Staying unemployed watching a problem grow more and more will not diminish your stress. So if you do not want to be affected, start doing something. It does not matter whether or not your attitude can eliminate that problem. Being decisive, by itself, already helps to end stress. Do not expect the problem to work itself out, look for solutions.

23. tifanyshinL

tifanyshinL Member

The best way to manage my stress is eating. Specially chocolates, everything that is sweet. I think it comforts me. It relaxes me because Im focusing on the sweet taste.

24. IcyPrometheuslol

IcyPrometheuslol New Member

I releive stress by using a squishy ball. So long story short, when I was at my job I was really stressed about the opcoming project, the manager so me freaking out so he gave me a squishy ball to help me releive stress. The squishy stress ball has helped me ever since.

25. Karl D

Karl D New Member

Stress is an emotion of our body. When we have lots of work load, any problem related to relationship or any other problems, stress on our mind is started and then we feel frustrated, angry on ourself or on other person.

In beating up stress, i just take a deep breath and keep calm as possible. I started to count down from 10 to 0 and repeat the same up to 2-3 mins. For me, this is a magical method to reduce stress and frustration. In order to manage stress u need to sacrifice a lot of 'unwanted' desires and expectations.

26. Divinelyrich

Divinelyrich New Member

I keep my workload at a manageable level, I exercise regularly, I eat well, I spend quality time with my spouse, and I sleep well. That's the way I've lived a stress-free life over the years.

27. jparag777

jparag777 New Member

Stress is the biggest problem of the twenty first century. Our life has become very busy now and finding time to address this problem has become difficult. Stress is common to all . You can be a big business honcho or a top executive. You can be a working women or a housewife. Stress is something all experience. Even small kids going to schools face the problem of stress.
    But every problem has a solution. Keeping a positive approach no matter whatever crisis I face has helped me somewhat to tackle stress
    Excercising regularly does help. I try to go to the gym and do my work out regularly. Having some stress busting hobbies like cooking and gardening has helped me to some extent
    Last but not the least I try to meditate regularly at least half hour every day . This has been the best solution for me to tackle all kinds of stress.

28. bingblong30

bingblong30 New Member

Managing stress is not easy but looking ito goodside or brightside will help you to manage your stress focusing on other .

29. Kazee05

Kazee05 New Member

I try to relax. Problem will not go away even if you think and stress about it a thousand times. I try to watch a old movie. Eat healthy delicious food and talk and have a chat with my love ones. Those makes me thanksful that I am alive

30. heyitsannnee

heyitsannnee New Member

Stress occurs when you perceive that demands placed on you — such as work, school or relationships — exceed your ability to cope. Some stress can be beneficial at times, producing a boost that provides the drive and energy to help people get through situations like exams or work deadlines. However, an extreme amount of stress can have health consequences, affecting the immune, cardiovascular and neuroendocrine and central nervous systems, and take a severe emotional toll.

Untreated chronic stress can result in serious health conditions including anxiety, insomnia, muscle pain, high blood pressure and a weakened immune system. Research shows that stress can contribute to the development of major illnesses, such as heart disease, depression and obesity.

But by finding positive, healthy ways to manage stress as it occurs, many of these negative health consequences can be reduced. Everyone is different, and so are the ways they choose to manage their stress. Some people prefer pursuing hobbies such as gardening, playing music and creating art, while others find relief in more solitary activities: meditation, yoga and walking.