How do you stay motivated?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by xina4581, Feb 27, 2016.

1. PitchBlack

PitchBlack New Member

How do you stay motivated? To tell you the truth, getting motivated is easy. However, staying motivated and being consistent is a different thing because starting and being consistent to a good workout plan for weight loss can sometimes seem impossible, especially for the beginners who engage themselves in this type of lifestyle.

Most of the time, a vast majority of individuals doesn’t have the motivation to take the first step and can quickly lose their motivation to keep going. Here’s the good news, motivation is something that you build up.

With the proper attitude and knowledge, you can keep your healthy routine on track. Use these helpful tips on how to stay motivated.

• Do not do it to impress others - Do it for yourself.
    • Do baby steps – Take it easy as you get started.
    • Practice makes perfect – Learn the proper methods on how to get things done.
    • Combinations – Do a variety of exercises to keep things interesting for you.
    • Bring a friend – You need someone to motivate you and shares the same goal as you.

Remember these tips or take it down to have a reminder as you start your healthy routine. Always keep in mind that the result doesn’t come overnight. Just be consistent, have a positive mindset and enjoy. ;)

2. sarahgrace

sarahgrace New Member

How do I stay motivated? this is the question that I love and I want to share.

First, I stay motivated in life because I have a big GOD. yes! I have HIM that's why I'm motivated my life everyday.
    My Life is not perfect. I have a lot of up side down,problems and discouragement. when you think of this always you can't get through of this. That's why for me, I let GOD rule and let HIM to be part in my life. because HE will guide me in everyday I do and take all my problems away.
    Second, I stay motivated because I do not think negative, in order order for me to think positive, I take away all my negativity in life. I always read inspirational books and listen to the inspirational music. and I always bear this to my mind that I can do this no matter what happen because CHRIST is with me.
    Third is, I eat healthy foods and do exercise every day. because one thing that could affect your mind and you got unmotivated in life is unhealthy foods. When you eat healthy foods you get healthy lifestyle and when you have healthy lifestyle you get positive mind and that's the time you want to motivate your life everyday even though you undergo a lot of problems.

3. jovanne004

jovanne004 New Member

Put more meat on those goals. Perhaps your goals are lacking the muscle you need to truly energize yourself. If you haven’t set more meaningful goals that give you something to be excited and have stuck to the tried and true generic goals to increase revenue or add more customers, there’s nothing there to sink your teeth into.
    Savor the successes you've achieved. So much is always said about continuing to look forward. However, to stay motivated, it’s a great strategy to look back on where you have come from on this journey to build your empire. Reflect on those little and big wins that occurred along the way.
    It’s like looking back on your school yearbook or photo albums to see how much your life has changed. The same can be done for your business. You’ll remember the challenges and how you felt at those moments. Those reflections often lead the mind to wonder about what your life (or business) will look back after a few more years when you do this same revisit of the past.
    This is the time to take those press mentions and compile them on your website and social media pages. Actively reliving these past successes will tell you what you have achieved while the act of sharing those with others and their reactions will fire up the self-motivation.

4. boogie080

boogie080 New Member

Fix your head to your goal, stay motivated like every gym play a lot of videos of people who trains or lift weights, seeing people strugling and successing push you to be motivated. And for me, i bealive in mind over matter, what your head says, your body does, and little tip dont ever let your head says enough, just fix your mind on saying "a little bit more" and little by little you will reach your goal. Whether to get strong, fit, or healthy, positive thingking and perseverance will always be the key to success.
    Be inspired through picture, videos or even your friend can be your motivation, your friend can be your gym buddy or rival to achieve your goal. Be fit and stay heathy everyone!

5. Jellyane

Jellyane New Member

I get motivated by the word of God that is my secret that some people ask me why iam still smiling even im in troubles,circumstances and problems i get motivated word by word that He taught me and goes trough my heart and my mind maybe if im not motivated by my devotion maybe when the problems comes i will get depress and sorrowful maybe i will felt lonely and sad in every single day.. But when I know Jesus He gave me life and a motivated heart to continue my life and fight for my battles..

6. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

Set goals. Start with simple goals and then progress to longer ranged goals. Make it fun, find sports or activities you enjoy doing.

7. ewapc101

ewapc101 Member

We all face obstacles. How you deal with those obstacles defines who you are and determines how successful you are in life.

8. Forgey

Forgey New Member

For me to stay motivated I have to have a goal In mind, I want to fit in these old trousers by this date, I want to be able to run 5k by Christmas etc. When I hit my goal I move the goal posts further back or set a new target.

When it comes to individual training sessions I find music really helps, I have separate cardio and strength playlists.

When it comes to work, it's a little different. It's harder for sure, however if I get praised for a job well done that spurs me on.

9. Monakokil

Monakokil New Member

One of the biggest challenges of adopting a fitness regime is to stay motivated for long. Most of us are very dedicated at the start, but this dedication weans off after some time. This appears to be a natural phenomenon which affects one and all. But, successful are those who win over there negative and lazy thoughts and focus their mind towards fitness. In other simple words, we can say that it is ALL IN THE MIND. Our body works the way our mind signals it to do. So it is important that we monitor our thoughts and control our peripheries to work accordingly. It is just a change of perspective that can create wonders. A zest to adopt an active lifestyle can go a long way in keeping up the spark.

In addition to this, there are many other factors that can help us to boost our motivation. The foremost is to choose the correct type of workout. There are a variety of exercise regimes and one should be careful enough to adopt the one which best suits our interests. Adding an element of fun and excitement to the workout sessions can be helpful.

Secondly, Proper planning and scheduling of the workout are really important for a balanced daily routine. Moreover, try your best to stay away from people who tend to spoil your inclination. Develop a clear image of your goals in your mind and your body will start working accordingly.

One of the biggest factors which have personally helped me is the addiction to the Endorphins which are released into the body after each workout session. Get your addicted to the feeling of well being caused by them and you will hit the floor regularly without any hassles.

10. jep034

jep034 New Member

I think the best way to stay motivated is to set goals that you really believe in and focus on progress not perfection. I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to wake up with the perfect body, whatever that means for them, but we have to focus on our progress. After illness its really easy to just see how far weve fallen back but we can also focus on the good things of 1) our health has improved to the point that we want to try again and 2) weve done this before we can do it again.

11. boogie080

boogie080 New Member

When I manage to drag myself to the gym in the evenings I usually feel exhausted from work, and more often than not I’d rather just go home, watch some TV and go to bed. When I don’t workout though, I always regret it. When I first joined the gym, I signed up at the same time as my brother. We both joined for a period of three months (the minimum membership length at our local gym) and would meet each other most days after work. This worked out well. We rarely missed a day, largely because we enjoyed each other’s company and saw it as an opportunity to chat. But after the initial three months my brother didn’t renew his membership, which unfortunately left me without a gym buddy. That’s when I got lazy. To regain my motivation I convinced a friend to sign up and (almost instantly) I couldn’t wait to get started again.A gym buddy not only makes the workouts more fun, but also keeps you accountable. It’s important to set goals, but you need to make sure that they’re achievable and not overly ambitious. If you set an achievable goal you’ll feel a huge sense of achievement when you reach it, which will have a positive impact on your motivation. Set yourself another achievable goal when you reach your initial target, so you’re always working toward something.

12. jxtrrs

jxtrrs New Member

staying motivated by doing what I love!!! :)

13. jtorrejos22

jtorrejos22 New Member

In everything I do, I want to be motivated.I stay motivated through my family especially in my daily life.Struggling in veryday life is not easy so to survive it constantly I rely it with people around me and that's my family.I must be strong enough to sustain myself for them.Before,when I was still working in a company I get my strength from them especially when I feel like giving up.It make me feel easy when I think of them.In life, a person must stay motivated in order to succeed.We will encounter different problems but if we look on other people that have more problem than us we can say that we are lucky enough.If we have a goal in life then we must be motivated in striving hard and give the best effort that we can have.

14. Willy1984

Willy1984 Member

Sustaining motivation can be tough under the best of circumstances. So how can you stay motivated when your to-do list runs to four pages, you just got another rejection letter, your adult child announced his plans to move back home, the car and washing machine went on the fritz at the same time and you can't find time in the day to work on your own personal projects?

15. mrcllnsjrld

mrcllnsjrld New Member

I`m still motivated because i have a goal and one of the requirements to achieve my goal is to be still motivated no matter what happen. If you fail maybe it`s just a obstacle that you need to face and if you fail again have some rest and if you think you are ready fight again and always remember your goal to be still motivated at all times.

16. Kim_Maralit

Kim_Maralit New Member

I stay motivated through reading books, and watching inspiration stories. Also, I have this habbit of reminding myself that I am very blessed, so I don't have the right to put it all into waste. Also, I think, it's the power of mind that matters. The greater you designed your mind to be an optimist the greater you will attract the positivity and good vibes.

17. Kim_Maralit

Kim_Maralit New Member

I stay motivated through reading books, and watching inspiration stories. Also, I have this habbit of reminding myself that I am very blessed, so I don't have the right to put it all into waste. Also, I think, it's the power of mind that matters. The greater you designed your mind to be an optimist the greater you will attract the positivity and good vibes.

18. gabridosilang

gabridosilang Member

When it comes to motivation, attitude is everything. Different people may have completely opposite feelings towards the same task, some will hate it other will love it.Others will find way to keep motivated like reading favorite books, get in to sports, listening to music ,watching movies, etc. What motivates me is when I see my family together, happy and content. They supported me in every decision I made.

19. shangayesha

shangayesha New Member

I keeping my Spirits High. Remind myself of your goals. Make weekly checkpoints to track your progress. Make sure to reward yourself every time you achieve your weekly goals. Give yourself breaks. Don't be too hard on yourself. Watch and read motivational stories or speeches. ..

20. AvadaObscura

AvadaObscura New Member

I stay motivated by doing something very unconventional: I make fun of myself. I constantly look at pictures of more successful people and break myself down mentally by comparing myself to them. I ask myself, how did they do it? I try to look up their success stories, and try to emulate them. I motivate myself by doing what has been successful for others, and by constantly reminding myself that I am not where I should be to be who they are.

21. meekhil

meekhil New Member

With any goal, it's easy get to get side-tracked and lose focus. So it's very important that you have a clear picture of your end result as well as a definite deadline. From there, you can work backwards to create a schedule to keep you on track. In my case, I actually feel lazy to go the gym MOST of the time. But one thing that works for me is planning my workouts in my calendar for about a month ahead of time. I make sure that I have at least three workouts scheduled in a week. In that way, my mind is already programmed to go to the gym, even if I don't feel like exercising. Then when I arrive at the gym, I'm surrounded by coaches and other people who are already exercising, and somehow their motivation rubs off on me.

22. tewrites

tewrites New Member

Boredom is a reality anyone on a fitness journey will encounter. I found that switching it up and not falling into a routine will prevent you falling into a rut. I thought I was the only one who gets bored by workouts then I went on YouTube. I found a trend emerging. Fitness instructors are doing workouts 'for people who get bored'. The struggle is real! This is especially true for people who work out at home who have to get home to clear the lounge, get the kids to leave them alone for an hour for stretching and a workout from a YouTube channel.
    It's kind of a paradox that you need structure to get results from exercise and that entails having a schedule but you also need to be open to spontaneity and changing up your routine or you will fall off and lose your motivation and ultimately your gains.

23. nateo

nateo New Member

I find that motivation is a constant need that everyone has to fill. As for my own personal strategy, I always listen to a specific person whenever I need a boost. I look at people who don't have the time, energy, ability to be able to do what I need to do and I tell myself I'm lucky and just start grinding; I motivate myself this way.

24. janisdeleon

janisdeleon New Member

When I have problems getting myself motivated, I go back to my initial plan/goal. I think of the progress I have made since and what else I can do to get to that goal. After, I would rehearse achieving that goal in my mind. I will make myself feel that I am in that happy moment when I have finally reached my goal. Well, after all that I have a smile on my face and a boost in my mood and then I am ready to take on the challenge of life.

25. travelingfortwo

travelingfortwo New Member

Like others I also experienced downfall in my life been stress for a few years with health problem and few personal problems too as I lost my house all my savings and handwork I spent there goes nothing. And at the same time I always found myself laying down in one hospital room every year and doctors keep on referring me to another doctor and they conduct laboratories, so basically after work I often visit the hospital.
    One day I just wake up and realized I need to get my life back. So, I started changing my lifestyle. I jog, I exercise, I keep reading healthy stuff. I'm doing all my research on natural foods and healthy lifestyle for more than two years now.
    Finally, I could say I'm motivated and stay happy now. I'm totally healed

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  26. travelingfortwo

travelingfortwo New Member

Like others I also experienced downfall in my life been stress for a few years with health problem and few personal problems too as I lost my house all my savings and handwork I spent there goes nothing. And at the same time I always found myself laying down in one hospital room every year and doctors keep on referring me to another doctor and they conduct laboratories, so basically after work I often visit the hospital.
    One day I just wake up and realized I need to get my life back. So, I started changing my lifestyle. I jog, I exercise, I keep reading healthy stuff. I'm doing all my research on natural foods and healthy lifestyle for more than two years now.
    Finally, I could say I'm motivated and stay happy now. I'm totally healed

27. To stay motived is a self choice. Its a decision is to push thru or not. To stay motivated by my own experience you have to set your mindset to be positive, you have to be firm on it. Positive mind bring Positive Life. Our mind is the most powerful of all, if you set it to be motivated with your mind and you will be always stay motivated.

28. Bianca616

Bianca616 New Member

I am constantly in search of ways to keep myself motivated to exercise and eat a clean, pure diet. I have been participating in a sport since I was about 5 years old, so it comes second nature to me. I still feel some days, weeks, or months where I just have no motivation to keep going with my practice. So I started to join classes, meet ups, local gatherings, and follow others on social media that have similar exercise interests as I do. I do the same thing with eating healthy. If you surround yourself with a community that shares similar diets it makes everything easier. You don't crave unhealthy foods, you have fun eating with like-minded people, and you can connect with a wonderful community.

29. naililmuna

naililmuna New Member

To stay motivated, first of all we need to wake up every morning feeling grateful to what we have. Then we have obligation to keep everything's fine, do every task we have to do. Drink plenty water, have shower, make your bed, dress to the best. In addition to it, have a pet or grow a plant. They don't have to be fancy pet or glorious plant. Just to remind us everyday that we are part of a universe, and have unlimited chance to explore. That progress or growth happen everyday, every second. That there's always hope. So step out, get motivated.

30. Mr. Friendly Trendz

Mr. Friendly Trendz New Member

It so easy to be motivated, but to stay being motivated is a different thing. First, you should know yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and determination to always stand in every situation. Even the strongest person, the champions, the advisors and etc comes to a point they are being demotivated, but the important thing is they always come back. We can stay motivated by using our downs and falls as a source of strength and have faith in yourself. We may fail but, just believe that can you do it, until you make it. There's a quote I've read that helped me alot and I hope as well that this would help you - "Postive Attitude In Negative Situations" (PAINS).