How do you stay motivated?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by xina4581, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Ahmedi963

Ahmedi963 New Member

As others have already mentioned, it is important to allow your body some rest in order to recover and regain your maximum potential. That said, I myself do not think motivation is as crucial as discipline. The amount of motivation a person may have changes on a day-to-day basis; some days you will find yourself eager to train, while on other days you will struggle to even get yourself out of bed. This is where the discipline kicks in. The truth is you will not always feel motivated to keep going, but it is important for you to move forward anyway. If this is truly something you want to do, then do not let the bad days get inside your head; you have to allow the discipline to take over.

Now, as I have mentioned before, rest and recovery are paramount to any workout routine. It is up to you to create this routine as you see fit and always listen to your body as you move forward. While you do have to train hard to achieve your goal, nothing is more important than your well-being. This is why you should adjust your workout as you move forward if you feel the need to do so. An example would be, as others have said, to start slow and increase intensity with time. This will give your body the ability to ease into the hard training ahead, rather than scaring you off.

When all is said and done, I can only give you advice based on my own life. Each person is living their own unique life and it is up to you to find out the methods that work for you. Finally, always remember that trying does not guarantee success, but not trying does guarantee failure.

2. Firefly29

Firefly29 New Member

How do I get motivated? That is the question most writers wrote in their book. Different persons, different views of opinions. We are in modern era, we are tend to be manipulated on what social media says on how we do this or how can we do that!
    Personally, I just think of my goal every morning with a cup of coffee and imagining what my life can become if I do what is supposed to be done. Life is tiring, for many reasons but also- life is precious like diamond.
    Lastly, I get motivated by thinking of my inspirations daily like my family. Family whom I love and owed for the rest of my life.

3. xenia0143

xenia0143 New Member

I stay motivated by thinking of what my future will be. I look upon to my partner and see that i also need to become successful like him and i dont want to be dependent on everything that he can do. I always wanted my dreams to be real and not just a dream forever.

4. Naiumkhan

Naiumkhan New Member

Are you good at self-motivating? Check out 7 tips to stay motivated in your day to day:

1 - Objectives and Targets
    Being promoted, finishing a job on time or going through a difficult day, having a goal in your mind is essential to keeping you motivated. With very large targets, such as advancements in your professional career, break them down into small stages to make it easier for you to reach your goals by getting there step by step. Lists, real or mental, are great ways to help you.

2 - Have good reasons

Be it personal, professional, financial gain or - as advised in the previous question - a small step towards a larger goal, focusing on what you have to gain works more than focusing on the problem. "With a goal in mind you can find good reasons to finish even the most difficult of tasks," says Wendy Burrows.

3 - Reward Yourself
    A reward after accomplishing a task or reaching a goal is a great incentive to accomplish it. Great achievements call for great rewards, think of your own rewards to accomplish what you want.

4 - Rest
    "Sometimes moving away from a project or task and returning to it with a fresh and rested mind can increase productivity and enthusiasm, but it does not work if its deadline is too short," says the author. But if you have time to achieve one of your goals or do a job, getting some rest can change your perspective and motivate you. Have you noticed how you come back from holidays feeling more positive and more able to stay motivated than before? Moving away from work for a short time can help you think better and have new ideas.

5 - A Different Look

If what you are trying to do does not work, why not consider a different look? "Try different methods until you find one that works for you," says Wendy Burrows.

6 - Analyze your progress
    "Do not forget how far you've come. However much your focus and motivation is on long-term goals, it's important to look back and see your achievements and progress, "says the author. This will give you a better insight into how far you've gone and how much is still missing. Recognizing everything you have achieved is rewarding and will help you to be motivated.

5. Divine68

Divine68 New Member

Everyone needs to be motivated to keep pressing towards the goal ahead of the tasks. How I stay motivated is constantly reminding myself of the prize ahead. Knowing that some others have gone ahead to achieve in that chosen area is also a reminder that I can do even better.

6. Utoc

Utoc New Member

When I was younger, I thought that in order to be motivated I need someone that can lift my spirit up. And most of the time I was thought that I need to have someone to love and be love. Most of the time I see myself happy when I'm in a relationship but after that big high I'm always down. Down to the extend that I see myself drank for a month. Now that I'm wiser, I see myself every morning or before I start my day grabbing a cup of coffee with a relaxing classical music a pen and paper for my to do list for the day and after meditate for the day for 10 minutes at least. Now I realise that in order for me to be motivated I need me, myself and I to start with it.

7. John0520

John0520 Member

I stay motivated by listening to music or reading books. I get many ideas that motivates me to do something id like to do even if it is hard. But it is so hard to get motivated, only when i learn something did i get motivated and inspired at the same time. With inspiration, i seek motivation everyday with the aid of my inspiration. Working hard but carefree, smiling all the time is one way for me to be motivated and thinking of my future plans do great in motivating me to work hard even more.

8. ZSDayag

ZSDayag Member

I've been between life and death situation when I've had multiple lung diseases. I've had multiple surgeries and stayed at the hospital for almost a year. Everybody seems to accept that I'll be dead at any minute, but my mom and I never stop believing that I could still live. We pray and surrender our burdens to God. Miraculously, I survived!
    I believe my story is not yet over because God has given me a second life and that's exactly my motivation. No matter how hard and challenging life is, I fight because I know God is always there for me.

9. Reynandu30

Reynandu30 New Member

For me to stay motivated,we must first start simple,keep positive people around us. Join and enjoy there company by doing great to other people.Then second we must not assume that money will motivate us because many people think money alone will be enough to motivate them. Lastly we must not worry for the things that we cannot control, we must let go of the what if's in life and focus on what can.

10. mftmadam

mftmadam New Member

Staying motivated is a struggle for a lot of people all over the world, everyday we experience hard ships and obstacles. Me, I almost gave up a lot of times. But there are people who kept me going, as soon as you feel something wrong and you can't handle it please try to reach out. And there's gonna be someone who will eventually understand and help you, it's not always your family. Sometimes our friends will understand us more, and that's okay. Not everything that your'e going through are experienced and being experienced by everyone, it's okay to be sad sometimes. But you also have to fight and find that certain thing that makes you happy, the key to life is happiness. Do what makes you happy as long as your'e not stepping on anyone, and everything will feel like a motivation.

1 person likes this.
  11. Markjim

Markjim Member

Last schoolyear I was stressed and very depressed that sometimes I thought to end my life, because its to hard enough to get up in that kind of situation that result to me to cry everynight and always try to cut my wrist, but there is a page in facebook that really motivate me to start again a new life. So the things that I always do is browsing it everyday and as a result my self stem became higher and more confident to face the new beginning of my life.

1 person likes this.
  12. emecole02

emecole02 New Member

When poised with a challenge or with a difficult decision, the majority of the time you have two choices. Either choose one way or one path and falter your chances of change for the future, or take the road less traveled and challenge yourself to grow and develop as better human. Whenever I feel that I have lost my motivation or I feel urged to do certain things I know are unhealthy for me, I think about my future. I think about what I want and how badly I want to get there because in the end, one can have all the dreams in the world, but with DISCIPLINE, one will never feel and be accomplished/successful. I like to watch motivational videos on repeat for like an hour long and center my attention solely to the voice in the video. I think about what they are saying and what that truly means. When someone says, "Pain is temporary and you should push through it," I think to myself okay, what pain? Where in my life does this relate, because if you do not connect to the issues or struggles in your life, you will never be motivated to solve or fix them. Stay disciplined, remember everything that you have worked for, remember why you have worked so hard, and just do it because I know from experience if you don't, regret will over run you. Stay motivated folks!

1 person likes this.
  13. raphaelmendiola

raphaelmendiola New Member

Today i have health problem, so many complication .. but always praying that someday i can be what i want to be, and get back to normal life.. i hurt people because of my illness, its hard to say that now im weak and getting weaker every single day.. BUT i realize that why i focus on the problems instead focus on positive ways.. what ever you do , there are family and friends supported you. be motivated!

14. wilbertbarrientos

wilbertbarrientos New Member

It is hardly a secret that the key to successfully accomplishing one goal after another is staying motivated. There are, of course, tasks which you may not like at all, yet you find motivation to complete even them because you recognize how each particular task serves a greater goal.

Anything you do, no matter how simple, has a number of good reasons behind it.

Not all the tasks have the good reasons to do them seen at first sight, but if you take just a few moments to analyze them, you will easily spot something good. We also have many tasks which don’t need any reasoning at all – we’ve been doing them for so long that they feel natural.

But if you’re ever stuck with some tasks you hate and there seems to be no motivation to complete it whatsoever, here’s what you need to do: find your good reasons.

Even when you set goals, there need to be reasons behind these goals. They may not be obvious, but stay at it until you see some, as this will bring your motivation back and will help you finish the task.

15. rajabhatti

rajabhatti New Member

I do speak about to the absence of want to go back though - I get better when I'm in a daily timetable than when I have a rearrange. Two things allow me to get back in the swing of things. To begin with, I effort to begin little - maybe I don't feel like a run; but can I in any occasion talk myself into a 10-minute walk? Normally, when I put on my clothes and go for a walk, I can talk myself into running.

Next, I ask for myself what "future me" would require - would future I will be more vexed that I strolled ten minutes though didn't run or that I didn't try to get out and achieve something? The prospect I wouldn't need me to stop, so I do it for future me. The belief this makes a difference!

Similarly, I do a few workouts that are fun and in addition, work out. Strolling with your children and as well as pets, touching and shopping, are on the whole unbelievable for keeping up your activity level while likewise having a ton of fun.

16. Mjsmith

Mjsmith New Member

Lastyear I was so stressed and depressed in school that sometimes makes me think that "why do am I doing this" like my life has no direction.Until one day I was browsing my newsfeed and I saw a motivation image that really inspired me and give me a good lessons in life. So from now I stay motivated because of the pages in Facebook that really change my life, and give me a new hope to create a big dream.

17. Smexy

Smexy New Member

I am a student and to be honest I am on the edge of giving up its so hard for me although i dont have failing grades but maintaining them is hard for me. But ive stay motivated because of my family,friends and also my special someone. They cheer me up whenever im down and they support me all the way. I just love them.

18. MarkAndrews

MarkAndrews New Member

When I first started working out, my main reason is really to impress girls, but as I went through my whole journey in fitness, my reason for working out became more specific and important. I want to be able to bond with my future children and grandchildren without feeling weak because working out regularly will prevent you from being sick and will improve your immune system, the thing is, having a fit body is not only for impressing girls, that is only the outer layer of an iceberg the main reason should be to maintain your health and to lengthen your life.

19. gabutinretsel

gabutinretsel New Member

I stay motivated by not thinking that it is a responsibility. I always think that I am happy whenever I'm working out. It may be hard to others because they always want it to be fast and to see the good result instantly. But for me, I don't think about it, I'll just keep on going and keeping in my mind that it would be for my health.

PATIENCE is really a virtue. So, If you want something, just strive for it and never ever give up. Because if you do, everything that you worked hard for, would be a waste.

20. LiaPalasin26

LiaPalasin26 New Member

Most people fail at their fitness goals because they're waiting for something spectacular to happen. Becoming physically fit isn't always a spectacular process...in fact, it isn't even a linear process sometimes. What you may find is that you lose a little, gain a little and repeat the process again and again.

There are no shortcuts so, even if you're frustrated that your body hasn't changed, don't give up. If you're burning more calories than you eat, your body is changing, even if it's slower than you'd like. Make sure your goals are realistic and, most importantly, that you give your body the time it needs to respond to what you're doing. It can be weeks, often months before changes start to show.

21. daughteroftheKing

daughteroftheKing New Member

To keep you motivated, you must visualize the result of what you're doing. Remind yourself everyday that you need to work out because you can see the big picture after that race. Be consistent. Look for the good things in what you do. Find joy in doing it. Choose to think positive at all times. Remember that there is power in your mind.

22. davedaot

davedaot New Member

I stay motivated by imagining about the outcomes or the results of the task, like how would I feel if I'm fit, how would I feel if I'm healthy, And then I just imagine how would it feel like and that's quite my motivation.

Another thing is if I feel lazy and undisciplined and if I don't get the results I want in life then I would be pretty much motivated to get fit and get healthy so that I will have more energy to reach my goals to achieve the results I want.

23. Docalds9899

Docalds9899 New Member

Well we all have different perspectives in our life when it comes to goals and motivation. One of my motivation are my family and having a trust in our self. One of the key to be a physically fit and a well minded person is easy, you must be a responsible and well dedicated person

24. cjctm11

cjctm11 New Member

Beng motivated is such a choice you could make to be positive on what you want to do. My personal motivation is my goal, I always ask myself, why you are doing this? so your goal will lift you to be motivated, I also look for inspiration like there is a girl that I really like and I tell myself that if you achieved your goal, the girl you really like will be yours. It is yourself that would make a choice what do you think will motivate with yourself. You can also make up stories and talk to your mind so you could have a lot of motivation to look for. Just stay positive with your goal and think that slow progress is better than no progress.

25. jessie271

jessie271 New Member

You can stay motivated by thinking of your deepest "reason" or deepest "why" you are doing what you are doing. It is by staying "focused" no matter what. Negative things may happen, people may reject you, put you down, make you feel unworthy or even lonely but when you are focused on your deepest reason and your deepest why, you can be able to stand strong and motivated. But if your reason why you are doing something, for example, is just shallow, you will easily give up. So it is very important that you know your deepest reason because that will keep you always motivated no matter what. It is also staying in the positive side. Have a positive outlook and perspective in life because you are what you think.

Proverbs 23:7
    For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.......

And most of all, always know and acknowledge that you are not alone, God is with you and He loves you.

26. gettothemoney

gettothemoney New Member

I stay motivated by always keeping my end goal in mind and that's to become finically free so I don't have to work for anyone anymore and start working and investing my time into myself and what I love to do. There's no possible way to stay motivated if your negative so just try to be positive and remind yourself what your end goal is and keep focus on it tell you succeed.

27. Elmae1976

Elmae1976 New Member

I always think of my children they are my source of strength because of them I can do anything . I was so motivated to work and succeed in life because of them. Everytime I felt lonely I always think of my children.

28. Apollo2018

Apollo2018 New Member

I always make sure I have enough sleep to start my day and think positive despite of negativity that surrounds me. Exercise and eating healthy foods can make yourself always motivated.

29. ashleyburgess

ashleyburgess New Member

Trying to maintain my optimal health is important to me and helps me feel better and live longer to carry out things I want to do in life such as spend time with family, make art, and travel. I don't won't to have a painful aging process where I contract diseases from poor dietary habits that I can easily change by cutting out processed foods and conventional misconceptions of food. Being vegan not only allows me to easily be a lot healthier but it also allows me to eat without having a victim on the other end on my fork. It's not only important for me to keep my health in mind but also other inhabitants' well-being.

30. elirose7890

elirose7890 Member

Stay positive. No matter what, motivation goes hand in hand with positivity. Even when things are looking down, keep your head up and push forward. You can also motivate your self by doing a job while giving yourself a small treat. This can make it easier to ease into the process of working. Listen to music. A great way to make the most monotonous tasks for fun is to play your favorite music in the background.