How do you stay motivated?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by xina4581, Feb 27, 2016.

1. abfranco

abfranco New Member

Motivation is what drives us to make the things happen but staying motivated isn’t always easy. Get some tips on how to become (and stay!) motivated, and suggestions for what to do if you just can’t get into gear.

In my own experience here are my ways on keeping myself motivated:
    1. Start with simple goals and then progress to longer range goals. Remember to make your goals realistic and achievable. It's easy to get frustrated and give up if your goals are too ambitious.
    2. Find sports or activities that you enjoy, then vary the routine to keep it interesting. If you're not enjoying your workouts, try something different.
    3. Write down your goals. Seeing the benefits of regular exercise and writing your goals down on paper may help you stay motivated.
    4. If it's hard to find time for exercise, don't fall back on excuses. Schedule workouts as you would any other important activity.
    5. You're not in this alone. Invite friends or co-workers to join you when you exercise. Work out with your partner or other loved ones.
    6. If you're too busy to work out or simply don't feel up to it, take a day or two off. Be gentle with yourself if you need a break. The important thing is to get back on track as soon as you can.
    7. After each exercise session, take a few minutes to savor the good feelings that exercise gives you. This type of internal reward can help you make a long-term commitment to regular exercise.
    8. Smile always and Pray.

2. jaytthrow

jaytthrow New Member

I stay motivated by having an inspiration. Also by focusing on the things that you want to do because there's a lot of distraction around us. If you are not focused then you'll get distracted and you will lose faith. Always be with your inspiration and neglect the negative thoughts about you. I know we all experience that we were not be able to pursue on somethings that we want to do because of the negatives thoughts we've heard. Surround yourself with positive person and those who supports you. Be confident and believe in yourself that you can do that and the persons around you will also motivate you.

3. wassy

wassy New Member

In my opinion, motivation wont keep you going everyday, motivation can fade easily, it's a limited resource. when fear, fatigue, and doubt set in, no speech can provide the motivation you need to keep going. The only thing you can rely on is discipline. Discipline drives you to do the work you don't enjoy, but is required. Discipline conquers fear. Discipline keeps you going when your curiosity, motivation, and excitement evaporate. Discipline is that voice tells us to magnify our value or accomplishments beyond our actual results. It leads us to exaggerate, to not be totally honest. It takes discipline to be totally honest, both with ourselves and with others.

So in conclusion, instead of deriving your drive to go and be fit everyday to motivation, develop being disciplined itself. It can take you farther through your goals.

4. Lyssa

Lyssa New Member

In my existance, I saw a lot of things that motivated me along my journey. I saw things that I must be thankful because I can afford to have while others can't. That I can make it because there are people who stand with me and help me to stand up if I failed. That I should appreciate them because they are here for me no matter what struggle life gives me. This motivated me a lot and making myself to work hard more and do better. I see the positive side than the negative side of the challenges in my journey. I always telling myself that Life is not about being the best, It is about trying your best, so I must live the life I have and enjoy it to the fullest.

5. Dida

Dida New Member

Start with simple goals and then progress to longer range goals. Remember to make your goals realistic and achievable. It's easy to get frustrated and give up if your goals are too ambitious.
    Find sports or activities that you enjoy, then vary the routine to keep it interesting. If you're not enjoying your workouts, try something different. Join a volleyball or softball league. Take a ballroom dancing class. Check out a health club or martial arts center. Discover your hidden athletic talent.
    If it's hard to find time for exercise, don't fall back on excuses. Schedule workouts as you would any other important activity.
    You're not in this alone. Invite friends or co-workers to join you when you exercise. Work out with your partner or other loved ones. Play soccer with your kids. Organize a group of neighbors to take fitness classes at a local health club.
    If you're too busy to work out or simply don't feel up to it, take a day or two off. Be gentle with yourself if you need a break. The important thing is to get back on track as soon as you can.
    The most important thing is to never give up!

6. utkvodka

utkvodka New Member

Motivation is useless.
    You might feel motivated to do something someday and the next day you might not feel like doing it at all
    I emphasize on the word "feel" because motivation is just a feeling
    DISCIPLINE is what you need to get back on track.. A routine.. Do something everry single day and your mind and body will adapt to the routine and do it everyday easily

7. JPAN18

JPAN18 Member

I stay motivated by always reminding myself of my goal and also setting weekly or monthly body goals to achieve. Also getting a workout buddy helps me to keep motivated.

8. Tunaturkeydog

Tunaturkeydog Member

The first month switching to a healthy lifestyle is critical. It's a make or break for anyone. I'm not just talking about exercise but also nutrition. If there's an advise I could give is not to mainly focus on the aesthetics but to focus on performance results. Example would be achieving longer distances on runs or to be able to function or enjoy races. Personally, I have few reasons that motivate me. First, so I could be fit enough to play and/or travel with my kids even when they're already grown up. Second, I could travel and reach far flung places and enjoy it injury free. You learn alot from travelling. Third, I could still perform well on contests and races. Fourth, gaining confidence interacting with people since you have a healthier view of things. About aesthetics, it will eventually follow once you develop a good sense of nutrition consciousness.

9. saifsayed

saifsayed Member

Announcing your intentions sends a strong message to the world and, more important, to your unconscious mind, which can sometimes sabotage our best efforts. Also, we often overestimate our abilities. The flip side is being highly selective about whom you tell and ask for help

10. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

I always look for another opportunity to stay motivated, look for a problem you can solve, it motivates me a lot. But sometimes there's a problem I can't solve but I leave it without worries. It can not stop me from moving forward and look for another one. It makes me feel strong and motivated when I solved something.

11. camillephuggins

camillephuggins New Member

I stay motivated by thinking of my family especially my mother. Whenever I'm having a hard time doing something or when dealing with the challenges in life, I always think how strong my mother is and all the sacrifices that she been through just to support our needs. She is my motivation in everything that I do. I want to reciprocate all the hardworks, sacrifices and efforts that she made. I want her to see how beautiful life is. I want to make her feel happy. I want to give the best to her. That's why I am doing everything that I can just to make her happy. Thinking of the good things that I can offer to my mom makes me feel motivated.

12. Pen29

Pen29 Member

Personally, I encountered so many failures in life and what keeps my motivation strong is by learning from mistakes and moving forward. I know if I have regrets, there is something that needs to be wisely done, and that's the point where I become smarter and stronger. Sticking to my goals in life and staying positive in every situation always keeps me motivated.

13. kixapolinar

kixapolinar New Member

To stay motivated is to love somebody. In my experience at school I am very much motivated to study and do home works if I see my crush i school. I always go to school early in the morning just to see him. I always study hard in my examinations for him to notice me. I always fix myself in front of the mirror just to make sure that I am beautiful whenever he see me. He is the love of my life. He's always in my dreams. Hopefully, someday he will notice me.
    I like him but it seems that he likes my best friend.

14. romilda

romilda Member

To stay motivated, I always pray and focus in everything I do and think that what I'm doing is for the good of my family.

15. snesz08

snesz08 Member

There's always a reason to stay motivated. To support your family. Achieve your dreams or goals. You always work hard to fulfil your needs. Just stay positive in you do.

16. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

That depends. But in my case, I stay motivated my setting small and large goals everyday that keeps me awake and keeps me right on track. Let's say going to the gym. What keeps me motivated in gym is that lifting weights boost my testosterone thus giving me a boost in my confidence, a good and healthy looking body and I am able to finish my tasks easily. And when I feel like I can't get out of my bed, I only think that being sedentary for too long will hurt your body. It will cause you diseases like diabetes, obesity, osteoarthritis etc. And of course I don't want to feel like that so I am motivated to move and do things like activities with my friends or do some chores at home or going to the gym. And my last tip is to boost your dopamine levels naturally through mucuna pruriens or l tyrosine. These supplements boost your dopamine which is responsible for your focus and motivation. But be careful, do your research first before using these supplements. I and currently taking mucuna pruriens and I got pretty good effects from using it. :)

17. ranerii10

ranerii10 Member

I just always think the positive outcome in my life. what ever I do, just have faith. I don't stress myself. I always think my family to give them better life, I do work hard to support my daily needs. I set my goals that someday I will achieve my dreams. I appreciate what I have and I am always thankful for giving me another chance to live. that is why I stay motivated.

18. romilda

romilda Member

Be inspired and have focus in everything you do.

19. tinatinay

tinatinay Member

Motivation is willingness to achieved once goal. We can never get motivation from others, unless it comes from our inner self. what we can do to others is just encourage motivation. How do I stay motivated? I stay motivated by setting goals, and I use my family as an instrument to get motivated. Surrounding yourself from optimistic people also helps you to keep motivated. Influence yourself with successful people so that you will adapt the way they foresee things and learn from them.

20. rvtamayo

rvtamayo Member

It is hard to be motivated constantly. It requires determination and passion to maintain being motivated. Most often failures drive us away from our aims and goals but having a core discipline that you follow it is most certain that you will be able to reach your dreams.

21. lordylordy

lordylordy New Member

I stay motivated because to attain your desired goal set for a specified date, you have to be willing to fulfill that capability.

22. GigsNext

GigsNext New Member

I've come to believe that it's important to surround yourself with whom you aspire to become. Energy is contagious, positive or negative, passionate or bored/complacent.

If you surround yourself with people who are complacent with life, then you lose your hunger. If you surround yourself with driven , passionate, energetic people, then that drives your hunger up, inspires you, and motivates you.

So I'd say...pick who you hang around with wisely. The energy from people around you has a serious effect on how you feel about life and the world.

23. doudou

doudou New Member

I must be hangry of motivation to stay motivated and get around poeple who inspire you better attitude.
    I believe in your potential and take a massive action to get positive results .

I Take the lead and get ideas and just work round with them and go into action and get out of fear. I will face some difficult challenges I don't avoid the fight on and hold my position. Eventhough I 'm going to be droped.but after the struggle you will have good results and be more and more motivated than before.
    I have a dream , ideas and attitude so I m highly motvated in my life.

24. aycee21

aycee21 New Member

1. Remind yourself of your goals. ...
    2. Make weekly checkpoints to track your progress. ...
    3. Make sure to reward yourself every time you achieve your weekly goals. ...
    4. Give yourself breaks. ...
    5. Don't be too hard on yourself. ...
    6. Watch and read motivational stories or speeches.

25. jessaann23

jessaann23 New Member

Honestly, I have a hard time staying motivated because it just feels good to sometimes do nothing and binge-eat while watching that favorite series.
    Although it's very tempting to just sit and procrastinate, at the end of the day you'll realize how unproductive you've become and it will show on both your physical and mental health; your body becomes tired all the time and you're more susceptible to negative thoughts.
    When I look myself in the mirror, these realizations hit me like a wrecking ball and all of a sudden, all of my insecurities become my motivation to stay fit and be active. I guess what you need is just a moment to take a step back and examine your life closely and you'll know when it's time to get up.

26. Zendraw

Zendraw New Member

If you need motivation to do something, then in my book your doing something wrong. You cannot live with and through motivating yourself to do things. Your life will be aways tens and you on the run. Start simple, do something that you are simply enjoying and do it when you are not expected to be somewhere or do something. And go from there. Also be clear why do you need motivation, why do you need to do this etc. are you in some life cricis or something? Typically when there is stress and fear you tend to go astray from your natural ways in life.

27. klynne18

klynne18 New Member

I stay motivated by doing the things that I loved and by focusing on the people who matters to me. In life, if you like what you're doing you are motivated to do those things, your passion and dreams you have that goal to reach for that so you're motivated to aim it. Second, I am motivated because there are those people whom I get strength to get motivated, those people who matter to me. they give me positive thoughts in everything that I do, they support me and always there for me, that's why I get motivated, in every situation and everyday lives.

28. Just keep positive and motivated in your mind. always think your family to give back to them all of their sacrifices for you. do work hard to achieve your dream. eat healthy food and do some exercise to keep you healthy. don't give up just enjoy your life to the fullest. don't let stress ruin you.

29. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Achieving our goals is seldom easy. It's why knowing how to stay motivated is so incredibly important when it comes to getting what we want in the long term. And in a world with more distractions than ever before — from non-stop web access to constant texting — it can be all the harder to stay focussed and not just give in to what's easier in the moment.