How does one escape poverty?

Discussion in 'Business, Politics, & Debates' started by Roslyn, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Roslyn

Roslyn New Member

Mmm..Interesting right? Here I will give you basic tips on how one escape poverty. One ot the best ways is by getting a good education, Yes! An education helps one to be gainfully employed, set up a small business, or do well professionally. Parents should especially be aware of their responsibility to give their children the best education they can afford in order to break the vicious cycle of poverty.

2. Wilvelo88

Wilvelo88 Member

Get a job, a good and long term job can help ease poverty. Appreciate any kind of work as long as it is decent and legal. If you are uneducated person there's another way to help you overcome poverty. Our Government offers free scholars endrol in TESDA and get a skills you want to pursue. Be a hardworking person don't give up on your dreams and pray to God. Poverty is always indeed not a hindrance to success.

3. juanmarcus

juanmarcus New Member

Poverty is a crucial situation in our life. It will ruin one family and divide each family members. Experiencing poverty is in life depends on how we treat it, others accept it as a fate, doing nothing at all because that's the way they are. Others treat poverty as a challenge because of that they study very hard to have a formal education and make themselves more eager on how to alleviate the crisis they face and made a realization by doing anything that is good enough to triumph over poverty. Education is the vital key to improved ones life. A good and positive mind with the combination of eagerness to soar high will lift one and escape from poverty.

4. Isterd

Isterd New Member

Yea, i think education is the right answer to poverty: it makes you find a good job and it helps you finding high quality friend. But the first thing that help you having a good life is hard working and knowing who you want to be in 4-5 years.
    And if you think about it, quite all the rich people have had a rigorous education and that should mean something to all of us.

5. maryanndumarquez

maryanndumarquez New Member

Poverty is everybodies concern. Any part of the world are experiencing poverty. for us to avoid this, we should put extra effort on our daily life

6. mfg13

mfg13 New Member

To discuss poverty we must first discuss location. Poverty in the UK or US cannot be seen as the same in Africa or South America. There are more opportunities to avoid or escape poverty in the UK and US. No matter how educated or motivated you are, if you live in Africa you are at a disadvantage, you don't start from the same place.
    Parent's should be motivators and educator's of their children, even if the parents are experiencing hard times they should endeavour to do the best for their offspring.
    My top tip would never to tell your children they cannot achieve, always instill upon them the idea that success can be gained through hard work and dedication. Never be afraid to start new projects and never listen to the negative voices around you.

7. APM1011

APM1011 New Member

The best way I believe to get out of poverty is to first pay off any debts that you may have. Then work on improving yourself by taking classes for your passion or something that interest you. Then try to make that passion into a passive income. Then take that money and invest it into a passive income. And this is how you can escape poverty.

8. gerlon

gerlon New Member

I do believe that escaping poverty is to limit your needs and wants and live within your means. Our vision and mission in life will define us of who we are in the future living in poverty is a choice and everyday actions will determine our destiny. God has given us this freedom to live and if we do good things in our lives then we will be rewarded for a good deed. If we are now in the poverty status, then we must double our effort to escape from that status because the secret to success is hard work and well-defined vision and Goals in Life.

9. Willy1984

Willy1984 Member

We usually think that if we go to school and finish studies may lead us to better future. How about people who cant afford to pay school for studies? For me perseverance, hard work and positive outlook in life are the big factors how to escape from poverty.

10. Believe on yourself is the key for you to escape poverty. God provided everyone a special skills that we could use in our everyday lives, it's for you to discover it and use it to succeed in life. Poverty is always there no one can take you from there but yourself, so do some actions, make use of your skills and believe on yourself.

11. JusUS2

JusUS2 New Member

I understand that someone is interested in how to escape poverty, right? You are not going to like this at all. I know that I don't and that's the reason I haven't escaped poverty. I'm going to keep it real with you, however, you have to keep an open mind to the information that you are about to receive. I know that everyone says work hard and dedication that barely works for anyone, well, maybe 1% of the 1% it will work for. Yet, most people are living in poverty and there is only this one thing that separates us from people that are not living in poverty. Either they did it themselves or someone did it for them prior and passed the wealth along to them. My point is that this one thing can changed lives and present an opportunity to change your future, your children's future and other family members future, if you follow this 1 step and then practice it for 5 years. It's practical and the toughest thing that you will ever have to do. Live with the compass of a homeless person for 1 year. 1.) work any job that pays a steady check 2.) save your money 3.) do not make any unneeded purchases 4.) do not use your money for food, shelter or clothing unless absolutely necessary and number five; which is the most important, 5.) As you earn the money invest it into buying real estate. Once you purchase your first home after 6mths rent it out and repeat these steps. You may be able to double up on doing 2 properties a year. If not 1 a year would give you 5 rental homes in 5 years. Out of poverty in 5 years bullet proof ! ( disclaimer: results may vary)

12. JusUS2

JusUS2 New Member

I hope that this post will at the very least get your mind moving in the right direction. You do not have to be idle and the only way to fail is to not do anything.

I understand that someone is interested in how to escape poverty, right? You are not going to like this at all. I know that I don't and that's the reason I haven't escaped poverty. I'm going to keep it real with you, however, you have to keep an open mind to the information that you are about to receive. I know that everyone says work hard and dedication that barely works for anyone, well, maybe 1% of the 1% it will work for. Yet, most people are living in poverty and there is only this one thing that separates us from people that are not living in poverty. Either they did it themselves or someone did it for them prior and passed the wealth along to them. My point is that this one thing can changed lives and present an opportunity to change your future, your children's future and other family members future, if you follow this 1 step and then practice it for 5 years. It's practical and the toughest thing that you will ever have to do. Live with the compass of a homeless person for 1 year. 1.) work any job that pays a steady check 2.) save your money 3.) do not make any unneeded purchases 4.) do not use your money for food, shelter or clothing unless absolutely necessary and number five; which is the most important, 5.) As you earn the money invest it into buying real estate. Once you purchase your first home after 6mths rent it out and repeat these steps. You may be able to double up on doing 2 properties a year. If not 1 a year would give you 5 rental homes in 5 years. Out of poverty in 5 years bullet proof ! ( disclaimer: results may vary)

13. #robin68

#robin68 New Member

The way for people to escape poverty is to be educated in a field or trade where jobs are plentiful. Careers in computer programming, nursing, and the trades are three of the fastest growing fields in the United States.

Saving at least ten percent of what you earn is also a good way to escape poverty. Pay yourself first, if you can.

Take advantage of all government programs available while you are working to get out of poverty. We all have times when we need to "take" and times when we can "give back." Robin Laurain

14. gabridosilang

gabridosilang Member

Education is the best way to escape the poverty. If your college graduate you can look for a stable job that can support your family.

15. cks003

cks003 New Member

There is never short of suggestion when we discuss ways to escape poverty. But one needs to understand first why poverty happens and since no one likes to be poor, why poverty still exists? Most of the poverty in low income countries is caused by poverty cycle, for example, farmers still depend very much on middle men to market their commodities and loan to operate and finance their day to day activities. Without government intervention to support the price of the commodities in the event of sudden drop in demand, the fate of these farmers is at the mercy of the middle men.

16. ZSDayag

ZSDayag Member

Learn - Work - Save Money - Invest - Then start again!
    First, get a good education. Graduating College is not enough, you should have figured out what your interests and passion then work on that. Second, apply for a job that suits your educational background and talents. Third, Save Money! Budgeting skills should be practiced. Set your goals. You should know the difference between Necessities and Luxuries. Fourth, Invest your money for business or stocks. Then start again from learning things to widen your knowledge because people are lifelong learners. For you to able to succeed in life, you should never stop learning and applying what you've learned in your life. As your learnings in life expand, everything else expands too.

17. Reynandu30

Reynandu30 New Member

Poverty is a trap which makes it very difficult for people to escape.It is absolutely true that breaking the cycle of poverty requires education and systematic change, but equally important is understanding and addressing what really is that problem that makes as poor. So,we must create pathways out of poverty that support and prepare individuals for high-demand jobs. And thru perseverance and determination we can escape poverty for a better life.

18. macatangay

macatangay New Member

A lot of people strive to escape poverty but most of them failed not because they didn't try but mostly because they didn't tried enough. Working hard is not enough,a person should have a plan and a goal on how to reach success. Proper education and discipline is the most that is why the government should put more focus on their educational system. Jose Rizal once said that ''ang kabataan ay ang pag asa ng bayan" which means that the youth is the hope of the nation. which is true that's why we should guide and shape them to become better not only for themselves but also for others, just imagine raising them with manners and right conduct. by doing this we will be expecting law abiding citizens who cares not only for ones safety and success but for all.
    just imagine a world like that, isn't it just nice?

19. ichrismichels

ichrismichels New Member

Of the solutions that I have read, this is the most simple solution that ANY person is capable of doing. Historically Real Estate is the only investment that is going to have consistent long term returns. The key here is long term. It's a grind. Especially at the start. One rental property isn't going to make you rich. Neither will four houses. Fourteen... As this author mentioned, it's getting the first one under the belt that is key. After that, each day is a day of building greater equity. With each added property, the amount of equity being built is multiplied. It's really simple mathematics from there. It is also a simple task, though not necessarily an easy one for those lacking patience and the ability to put in legitimate hours of work.

20. menchuuy58

menchuuy58 New Member

Poverty is a difficult situation to escape when one is already in such state of life since birth. Initially, it can be surpassed as one acknowledges that poverty is not lifetime. That it can be overcome through wise interventions. If one is a parent, he or she should send his or her children to school. Children must acquire good and quality education to better equip them to face real life after school. Their education may land them to promising jobs which will elevate the family's standard of living and free them from the ill effects of poverty. Alongside with the children, parents must also be diligent and hardworking. The Bible gives hope by saying that, "Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. (Proverbs 10:4) Parents should strive to earn to meet the daily needs of the family.

Moreover the Word of God challenges us by saying, "Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those seek the Lord lack no good thing." (Psalm 34:9-10) . Coming to the Lord in prayer and worship is a big defense against lack or poverty.

21. PilyongHusband1990

PilyongHusband1990 New Member

Poverty starts in the mind. If we just change our mindset and be open enough to learn and accept changes, we would be more motivated to do whatever it takes to improve our lives. we should think positively and abundantly because that will reflect in our actions to do things that we never did before. We cannot change our current situation by just doing the same thing over and over again. We should always think outside the box and let ourselves be surrounded by successful and optimistic people.

22. mayhes

mayhes New Member

The problem about poverty is everywhere. It is like a cancer that cannot be cured. Even those well developed countries, they are not exempted to this problem. They also experience poverty. Escaping from poverty is not a very easy thing to do. How can someone escape from this situation, if the person is lack of resources, no work, don't have goals in life, lack of education and the family where he/she belongs is financially unstable. Sometimes, we can say that life is unfair. If people were not able get from this they are going to suffer more. It is in their hands to take action, find solution and decide if they wanted to live in poverty forever.

Good education, having a job, striving hard and go beyond our limits meaning we need to go out from our comfort zone and don't be scared to try something new. Having self-esteem and setting a goal can help a person to have a better life. Always think positive. Don't let other people pull you down because sometimes the negative feedback that you hear will discourage you to strive more, use them as your inspiration and motivation for your own good. If you don't finish your studies I guess it's not a hindrance for you to get out from poverty. If you have the skills and the guts then use it as your tool. Always remember that destiny is not a matter of choice, but it's a matter of chance.

23. zor1448

zor1448 New Member

How does one escape poverty? What an interesting question we have here!

There are many ways to escape but someone must have the willingness to do so. Education is very important important investments because it increases a person's chances of having a healthy life. We can also help unfortunate people by educating them and boost their self-confidence. If you have the determination to make your dream come true and want to get out from the difficult life you have been living for many years, then you need to set your priorities and goals in mind.
    However, someone cannot escape poverty alone, the government must be a part of it. They can provide training for undergraduates, mothers and fathers to enhance their skills so they can find a job. It's important that they have regular source of income to provide daily needs. I know it's hard because there are so many poor people and poverty is one of the biggest problems in my country. For many years, the government has not been successful to lessen the number of poor families but still continues on finding better solutions.

24. gerlon

gerlon New Member

Escaping poverty, first and foremost, we need to identify the root cause of poverty, and answer the question as to why poor are getting poorer, and why rich people are getting richer?

Education that we get from a reputable schools are just "Training of the Mind" and molds the students to become a better person, knowledge can be acquired through numerous experiences from different fields. Parents has also a great contribution because they are the one who made and inject the family culture that they inherit from their parents and grand parents as well.
    • Families are the basic component in the society, and we are all have had the family of origin, and the parents has a huge responsibility to bear, like taking care of the child's health, food and education, and once they grow-up they would be useful and responsible person in the society regardless of competence that they may contribute for the good and development of the society and country. Parents are working very hard for child support and whatever achievements that their child may get from the school or from the society it is all credited from the parents.
    • In due of the above, escaping from poverty will depend on the culture that we live for. And every individual must have its own "Vision and Mission" in life and live with it into our everyday endeavor.
    • The environment that we are in are one of the factors that causes poverty to people, some youths may end-up to jail and serving with the sentence of a crime committed at the community and even the parents are the ones to be blamed of the problem.
    • To answer the question as to why poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer this was due to lack of interest,hard work, patience, undefined priorities, lavish spending, lack of savings, and no vision and mission in life.
    • People may end-up successful even though they don't have much education in life, its just a matter of defining your priorities and getting away from unintended debt.
    • Put a kind of business that interest you the most, and do not allow any person to rule your life, be inspired, and change the way you think before changing the way you act, and allow yourself to listen and learn with the success of other people.
    • Once you get marry and later on do have children try to establish and organize the culture in the family that may guide your children's wisdom that would make them successful in their career once live they these culture by heart.
    • lastly, be a good Husband, and leader to your family circle, that your children may look up to you and emulate some of your good deeds that led for the transfer this family culture and teaches such values to the next generation.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  25. julmcwave

julmcwave New Member

Anyone can escape poverty if they wanted to. Many aspects and traits must be avoided in order to escape poverty. First and foremost Education, graduates of higher education have the advantage and big chances to land a high paying job.
    Second is family formation, you should be hard working don't be lazy, value the money you earned. Buy only your needs not your wants. Be contended of what you have, don't be envious, be resourceful and do things in an effective way. Most of all love and value your family, you will strive hard for them.

1 person likes this.
  26. greenwood88

greenwood88 New Member

If you have dreams and goals in life you can escape poverty. A person who wants to be rich will always find ways on how to be rich. We all are capable of being one it is only a matter of hard work, perseverance, passion, love, luck and timing. Never give up because everyday is a battle we must win. Life is not about who the best or the richest is, it is about giving it all and risking to rich our goals. You may not be the richest but atleast you survived poverty and get away with it because you want a brighter for you and your family.

27. velly27

velly27 New Member

There are two answers on the deck - become employable and stay so; and buy real estate.

How about - start a tiny, business and grow it. You might have to work real hard and forego spending money on immediate pleasures, but if you are smart and have a good idea you can probably do this.

Now this is how you make money.

Another thing to “escape poverty” is - do not have children too young. GET MARRIED first before you even consider having children. Read all the time. Stay in school.

And GET HELP. Do not isolate yourself from mentors, friends, coaches and others who actually want you to succeed.

28. Rjhane18

Rjhane18 New Member

For me POVERTY is just a word. I know most of us is in the average life style because we can chose the life that we want if you chose to live life to the fullest then do it. And if not you chose it don't blame others with your life. Always remember your the want who is responsible in your amazing life. Escape in your comfort zone, test your self no matter what you do, do it wisely you cannot predict your life but you can be responsible in your present life to have a lighter tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  29. achikeziah

achikeziah New Member

I believe that we can escape poverty. Poverty is a lack of money or material possessions. Poverty is usually accompanied by debt obligations to others. Debt, whether or not associated with poverty, is a form of slavery. Following God's principles will break the hold of both poverty and debt. First of all, you must commit yourself, your finances, your family, and your life to Jesus Christ. Agree to live by God's principles and seek to know what He has to say to you in your situation. Be absolutely honest about the faults and mistakes in your life, past or present, that may have caused your problem of debt. To escape trouble, you must know what put you there.

Second, do everything you can to understand God's principles. The Bible says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6). There are many Christians who have no concept whatsoever of the principles of God's kingdom. They understand neither God's laws dealing with material prosperity nor their own privileges as children of God. So, for lack of knowledge, they suffer. People in debt or in poverty especially need to understand a rule of God's kingdom that I call the Law of Reciprocity. This is a law of cause and effect, of action and reaction. In the area of money, the law is simple: "Give, and it will be given to you: Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you" (Luke 6:38). When a person begins to give to God's work and to the poor and less fortunate, God begins to give back to him. Regardless of the debt burden, a person should give a very minimum of 10 percent of his income to the Lord. Even if you are at a poverty-level income, you have something you can give to God. Start where you are. Reach out in compassion to those less fortunate than yourself. As a first priority, get into a position to give love, time, energy, and money to other people even if it is only a little bit.

Next, set up a realistic budget. Most people do not have budgets, and their spending has neither plan nor control. Whatever your income level, you should set up a budget that includes one or more tithes plus offerings to the Lord, which may be in the form of aid to those who are less fortunate (see Malachi 3:10). After setting aside your tithe, establish a realistic plan to pay off your debts. Go to your creditors and obtain an agreement that they will accept your payment schedule. Make it understood that you cannot pay any more than a certain amount, and they will almost always accept your plan.

1 person likes this.
  30. huangkoshu

huangkoshu New Member