How Important is Fiber?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Nicole Gamble, May 11, 2016.

1. snesz08

snesz08 Member

It's very important to me. it gives you good digestion, avoid colon cancer and detoxify your body. remove chemicals and toxins inside your body. it boost your immune system and lower cholesterol.

2. michpiong

michpiong Member

Fiber is important because it makes your intestines move faster. Fiber also slows the rate that sugar is absorbed into the bloodstream, cleans your colon, acting like a scrub brush, and helps you have soft, regular bowel movements, reducing constipation.

[​IMG]

3. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

Fibre consists of many functions:lowers cholesterol,prevents constipation and reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases.

4. mebgem

mebgem New Member

Fiber is essential in our daily diet. It helps in clearing out toxins in our body and helps us avoid constipation. I strongly believe that it is still better to get our daily fiber naturally through fruits and vegetables instead of processed food. Most processed food have chemicals and preservatives added which will also affect our body in the future.

5. RICHDADDY

RICHDADDY Member

Adequate amount of fiber intake is essential for health. It avoid constipation and a good fiber diet reduce hemorrhoids and irritable bowel syndrome. Fiber lowers gastric acids and reduce the risk of ulcers. By lowering bad cholesterol, it reduces the possibilities of stroke and heart diseases. Some studies says eating a high fiber diet can prevent colorectal cancer. Cancers associated with stomach, mouth and pharynx. So fiber is an important component that should not be avoided from our meal.

6. terryse2019

terryse2019 New Member

Fibrous foods have the best ability to sweep toxins from your body. I would like to mention two special fibrous seeds that have superb benefits: Psyllium husks and flaxseed. I buy psyllium as ground powder, mix a teaspoonful with a large glass of water for a detoxyfying drink. Fibre in linseed or flaxseed is also highly valued for its healing powers. I mix it with my breakfast cereals or put it in soups.

7. LightPatch

LightPatch Member

Dietary fibre is vital for our organic process health and regular gut movements. Fibre conjointly helps you're feeling fuller for extended, can improve cholesterin and blood glucose levels and may assist in preventing some diseases like polygenic disease, cardiovascular disease and bowel cancer.

8. peterpaulo

peterpaulo New Member

Basically fiber helps keep your digestive system free of dangerous chemicals. If you are eating uncontaminated food sources then you really shouldn't be worrying about your fiber intake, fiberis only really of use if you're eating contaminated food There are no diseases caused by fiber deficiency, lack of fiber is not bad for you, it is just that fiber can help lower risk of cancer and other various diseases by helping keep your digestive system clean of contamination. Excessive fiber intake will lower testosteron, something to keep in mind.

9. Lilytr

Lilytr New Member

Fiber is important for intestinal health. I think it's emphasized as much as it is because the most common sources are fruits and vegetables, which have a lot of health benefits on top of the fiber.
    Generally, natural foods are better for you than processed ones, but the processed added fiber is also ok if you need a boost or don't have access to natural sources!