How long do you think smart devices will be used?

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by chr.cheney, Jun 26, 2018.

1. chr.cheney

chr.cheney New Member

Technology has a tendency not to hang around popularity for too long a time, excepting things like paper of course. Before smart phones, there were cell phones, and it is more than likely people did not think they would need anything beyond their mobile phones, maybe a niche market for something like Blackberry's. But now smart phones have completely overtaken the market, and it's almost impossible to live without one. How long do you think it will be before the next big invention comes and sweeps away these pocket computers we have? Do you have any speculation on what this new technology might be?

2. keishastake

keishastake Member

Smart devices are so prevalent today. I do not believe that fact will change over time. Smart devices cover a plethora of electronic do-dads that we as a society seemingly cannot do without. Practically every electronic device has the ability to connect in a smart way. Smart means wireless connection whether it's by Bluetooth, Wi-Fi; etc.

Times have changed significantly and indeed we have been ushered into a new era of technology. Our current technology will only grow into more diverse and exploratory realms. Why do I think this way; because it is exactly what has happened over the years? Smart devices will not cease to exist but instead will grow into a wider range of more progressive technology. I totally see other forms of technology occurring such as less handheld and maybe more airborne or virtual smart technology being born.