How long do you workout for?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cnichole, May 31, 2016.

1. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Smart dieters exercise to lose weight. But sometimes they do too much exercise and they end up overeating as a result. Or they don't work out enough and they don't see any results on the scale. So how much exercise do you really need to lose weight? Researchers provide expert recommendations.

2. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Exercise Time
    The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recommends that you get between 150 and 250 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise each week to lose weight. But they also state that more is better. To achieve significant weight loss, the organization recommends over 250 minutes per week.

3. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

If you're a typical dieter, you've probably wondered, "how much protein should I eat to lose weight?" You want to know how much protein you need per day for effective weight loss.

The answer can be confusing because at the grocery store you see that protein is being added to many of your favorite diet foods. You might assume that eating more protein is better. But that's not necessarily the case. Follow these guidelines to find out how much protein to lose weight and how much protein per day is best to reach fitness and athletic goals.

4. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

ust 28, 2018

QUESTION: I was wondering how long my weight training workouts should be? I’ve heard people recommend anywhere from 30 minutes, to 45 minutes, to 60 minutes, to 90 minutes or sometimes more? What amount of time do you recommend?

I’ve also heard some people say that your hormones start to go out of whack after about 1 hour of lifting, so if you’re in the gym longer than that you will end up losing muscle. Is this true?

ANSWER: I must get some version of this question at least once or twice a week. In fact, the exact question you see above is actually a combination of 3 different questions from 3 different people, all of which were asked within the last two days alone.

QUESTION: I was wondering how long my weight training workouts should be? I’ve heard people recommend anywhere from 30 minutes, to 45 minutes, to 60 minutes, to 90 minutes or sometimes more? What amount of time do you recommend?

I’ve also heard some people say that your hormones start to go out of whack after about 1 hour of lifting, so if you’re in the gym longer than that you will end up losing muscle. Is this true?

ANSWER: I must get some version of this question at least once or twice a week. In fact, the exact question you see above is actually a combination of 3 different questions from 3 different people, all of which were asked within the last two days alone.

5. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

How Long Should My Workout Be? 30, 45, 60 Minutes? Over An Hour?
    Last Updated onAugust 28, 2018

6. jonjon1980

jonjon1980 Member

3 times a week doing some running, push-ups, little bit of weights, medicine balls just enough workouts to stay healthy and active

7. Retspihied

Retspihied New Member

3 times a week for about 2 hours. It's best for me since I'm always working, usually 50 hours plus a week.

I do full body workouts and stick to compound lifts.

8. arianab521

arianab521 New Member

It depends what I'm doing. I try to get 5 days a week. I have a yoga DVD that I love that runs for about 20 minutes. The most I can stretch it out to with rewinding is about 25 minutes. Most of the time my goal is around a half hour for things that bore me like the treadmill. But I'm trying to work my way up to 45 minutes. Yesterday I did 50 minutes on my exercise bike. Today was a rest day because I didn't sleep enough. Tomorrow hopefully I have time to work out!

9. Mordnacht

Mordnacht New Member

Before the month of July, I worked out 5 times a week doing 30 minutes to an hour of working out, plus I would spend 30 minutes in the sauna. Currently though, I do not work out yet. I am just getting back into my routine! I hope to only really workout for 3 days a week and doing most of it from home. I do have a gym membership though that I use for weight lifting and the sauna.

I definitely recommend anybody working out to also include a session in the sauna afterwards! It helps with muscle recovery and overall health. I love it for getting my skin looking great.

10. meekhil

meekhil New Member

I think the more important thing here is to work out regularly. I currently try to work out at least three times a week, with the ideal duration being not more than an hour at a time. Exercising longer than an hour may just lead to more muscle damage and be counterproductive to your fitness goals. If you wank to exercise more, then work out more times a week. Just be sure to also include a rest day. After all, rest is also part of the program.

11. xenia0143

xenia0143 New Member

I aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day. If you want to lose weight or meet specific fitness goals, you may need to exercise more. Want to aim even higher? You can achieve more health benefits, including increased weight loss, if you ramp up your exercise to 300 minutes a week.

12. jennoel_25

jennoel_25 New Member

i workout about an hour that's my instructor said because i'm not fat. 3 times a week i go to gym.

13. andleen0503

andleen0503 New Member

I work out whenever I have free time, uhmm maybe 3-4 hours a week, due to my work schedule. I'm not sure if it would be enough to maintain my physical agility but I hope it will at least help me stay healthy. I would also want to try and increase my workout time

14. andleen0503

andleen0503 New Member

I work out whenever I have free time, uhmm maybe 3-4 hours a week, due to my work schedule. I'm not sure if it would be enough to maintain my physical agility but I hope it will at least help me stay healthy. I would also want to try and increase my workout time

15. Sasha1993

Sasha1993 New Member

I work out at least 30 minutes everyday.However if I want to loose weight faster I exercise for a longer period.A session of 45 minutes or longer works best for me.I also maintain a healthy diet to achieve results faster.

16. AwesomeHero

AwesomeHero New Member

I'm exercising 3 times a week for around 1-2 hours. I don't really have time but I'm always trying to do some exercises on the gym. Sometimes I go cycling with friends but that's not in my routine.

17. johnbatan

johnbatan New Member

I workout for 4 to 5 times a week. Our body need to rest so that it can recover and build a stronger and bigger muscle. If you really want to have a healthy body, you also need to have a healthy diet. You cant outrun a bad diet. 80% diet, 20% workout.

18. I work out whenever I'm not sore. For example, if I do hammer(bicep) curls on Monday, tomorrow I'll switch to a chest/tricep workout which is on Tuesday. Then I'll be switching to a pulling exercise on Wednesday and so on...

19. Ivaann

Ivaann New Member

My workout time is between 40 and 50 minutes (6 workouts/week). I go to the gym, warmup 5 minute and than start the workout, I don't waste time on my workouts, I'd rather focus ~50 minutes on it and go home for recovery. More than 50 minutes for me are useless, I can do in 50 minutes what others are doing in 2 hours, I never knew why some people workout more than 1 or 2 hours, you're going to the gym to work out, not to waste time socialazing or other things.
    That's my workout time and at the same time my opinion about longer workouts.

20. rm1006

rm1006 New Member

I lift weights 3 times per week then I do cardio (basketball) 2 times per week, (separate days) I only train for 45 minutes per workout. Have been doing it for 6 years now, and still gaining some lean muscle mass.

21. Rowenafranco

Rowenafranco New Member

I work out at home for 30 minutes a day,by walking exercise.I see to it that even I'm a full-time mom always in fit.I have a goal for one month,flat stomach.

22. JPAN18

JPAN18 Member

I usually do 1-2 hours of exercise 3 -4 times a week.

23. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

I work out at least one and a half hours 3 tines a week. That's enough for me.

24. userhichou1

userhichou1 Member

up to 5h a day

25. lenlen

lenlen Member

I do my workout every day for about 15 minutes. I like to do my workout every day because I didn't do a heavy workout. I just do warm up first then exercises for my butt and thigh and also for my lower abdomen. It's a nice and healthy feeling to stay fit and healthy each day. It's also good to apply a healthy balanced diet and maintain a good relationship with family and friend. The best outcome will show inside and out.

26. Tsare06

Tsare06 New Member

Working out is very important and fun activity for me! so I make it sure that I always allot time for exercising. I usually workout at least 2-4 hours every weekends. I always do this every weekends because this is the time I can do outdoor activities. My common exercise routines every weekends are running,jogging and bicycling around our village.