How many books do you own?

Discussion in 'Books' started by itisjonwilson, Nov 10, 2019.

?

How many books to you own?

1. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-10

11.1%
  3. 10-20

22.2%
  4. 21-30

11.1%
  5. 31-60

11.1%
  6. 61-120

33.3%
  7. 121 -250

11.1%
  8. 250+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. itisjonwilson

itisjonwilson New Member

Are you a bibliophile like me who cannot part ways with your books even though you've read them many times over?

I counted all the books I have in my bookshelves (yes, I have more than one bookshelf because I'm secretly a hoarder) and the total number of books I counted was in the 220+ range which I did not think was a lot. Suffice to say, my parents did not share the same views.

So, tell me how many books you own. Is my number smaller or bigger than yours?

2. xPrxnce

xPrxnce New Member

Yes i am a bibliophile, yet I actually have sold some of my old books which I have outgrown, I still have over 100 books which i will never part with, I don't have as many books as you but if I didn't sell my others, I would have definitely had 300+,

3. StephWhis

StephWhis Member

I'm not sure on an exact number, but I'd venture to say I'm in the 10-20 category. I'd love to get to the point one day where I have my own personal library, with some wooden bookshelves and hundreds of books strewn about. I just think that'd be a really cool concept. Who knows, maybe it'll happen one day? For right now, my collection is contained to a smaller, metal, book car. It serves it's purpose, but I could always use some more books.

4. Dijwar

Dijwar Member

I have more than 20 books in my library, But I still don't read all of them. After I reading all I will bring some others.

5. Mikes12

Mikes12 New Member

I have more than 60 books in my shelf and just bought all of it last year (SALE). Since I've been busy in adulting, I just recently got time to buy and read books of my interest. I really love hardbound books but I also have paperback as it is easier to carry when I'm out of town. :thumbsup:

6. chrissymariej

chrissymariej New Member

I never really thought about how many books I have owned before but after counting I was kind of surprised. 116 books are kind of a lot.

7. ina44

ina44 New Member

I had a library with about 250 books. Only after reading all the books 5-6 times from it, I did not touch the books more than to remove them from the dust. I came to the conclusion that I was just confusing my space and that I should have new books to read. So I donated all the books and bought some more. Now I think about 60 books. And I buy whenever I find an interesting book. I didn't get to read each one 5-6 times...:) I like to read at least a few pages before going to bed. And there are days I spend on the couch, reading. Of course, for this reason, I borrow books from the library.

8. zae25

zae25 New Member

I love books, that are one reason why people save their books is to use them as reference materials. People whose job training included studying a lot of textbook material may save some of those books for future reference.

9. Popiiichan

Popiiichan New Member

I've been a bookworm ever since I was a child. I've collected many books and I always got one for my birthdays. So I guess I got atleast 20 now. Of course except for my school textbooks and university books.

Popiiichan18 likes this.
  10. akiramenaidecj

akiramenaidecj New Member

I don't own a lot of books because I don't like reading. It makes me fall asleep.

11. yoshibear

yoshibear Member

i have more than 20 books not pretty sure. i love reading nook