How many hours a day do you spend on sleeping?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by oyorslol, Mar 19, 2016.

1. oyorslol

oyorslol New Member

Me, I sleep for at least 10 hours a day. Yes, you read that right! I live in a country where siesta is a thing.

When I was still a kid, my mom would get mad at me if I don't sleep in the afternoon. It became a habit of mine and now I'd feel very tired whenever the clock strikes 1 PM. I just feel a strong urge to lay down on my bed and close my eyes. At night, I sleep for 7 hours (12 AM to 7 AM) and in the afternoon, 3 hours (1 PM to 4 PM).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. grannysue

grannysue New Member

I fall asleep fast, usually within five minutes. It is the staying asleep that is the problem. I only sleep about five to six hours a night, and I usually wake up about 4 - 5 times during this time. I really wish I could sleep longer, but alas, this has been my sleep pattern for many years. I feel that I am doomed never to achieve a full nights sleep.

3. erook7878

erook7878 New Member

I try to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night. I'm currently unemployed, so my sleep cycle is all over the place, but I generally get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. When I was in college and I had a morning class, there were times where I'd get very little sleep. I'd go to class on maybe 3-4 hours of sleep. I'd make it up by going straight back to bed after class and sleeping a ton on the weekends.

4. chantelwolff

chantelwolff New Member

The amount of hours that I sleep each day can vary depending on what I've done during that day and what things I have planned for the next day. During the weekdays I go to sleep early because I have to be up at 6AM to get ready to go to work. I usually sleep about 6-8 hours on weekday nights.
    On the weekends, my sleep schedule tends to be different because I usually stay home and I like to use the weekend to relax and refresh myself. I like to sleep in on the weekends and take naps throughout the day. I'll go to bed pretty late on weekends, and wake up in between 10 and noon. I would say that on average I tend to get 10-12 hours of sleep on the weekends, compared to my 6-8 hours during the week.

5. Billie

Billie New Member

I am currently 8 months pregnant so I only get about 5 hours of sleep a night because I have to keep waking up to go pee and she also makes me so uncomfortable through the night because that is when she is the most active, so I end up taking many naps during the day. So my average hours of sleep would probably be 10-12 hours of sleep a day .

6. Preye

Preye New Member

Without any stress on a normal day I sleep for about 8-9hours(9pm-6am). Presently I have about 4 hours of sleep because i just had a baby girl about a month ago. She sleep all day and plays as night, so I have to baby sit most of the night. I am not a day sleeper because of my job schedules.

7. Bri423

Bri423 New Member

I get about 7, but that doesn't always feel like enough. I've read that adults ofen believe that they only need six, but more often they need 8 or even more ànd it's healthier as well. I need to work on getting to bed earlier!

8. nicksab

nicksab New Member

I tend to get about 8 hours of sleep. This is an important number for me to try and reach each night. If I wake up a bit early and can only get 7 hours of sleep I can tell that I do not have the best starts to my mornings. I am jealous of your naps that you mentioned, I think that would be ideal for me in order to be able to recharge throughout the course of the work day. I think sleep is different for each individual, I know that I have friends that can function well on less than 8 hours of sleep.

9. Jmore1

Jmore1 New Member

During the week, I only get about 6 hours of sleep a night. I'm a person who would function a lot better during the day with 8-9 hours of sleep, but there's always too much to do after work and I'm usually not getting into bed until 11 p.m.
    On weekends, I typically get in my 8-9 hours and feel a lot better for it.

10. Kay1088

Kay1088 New Member

I sleep 6-7 hours a night and wake up about 1-3 times during the night. Although I don't feel tired during the day, I have a really hard time waking up. Usually I sit up in my bed with my eyes closed for at least 5 minutes before I finally urge myself to move. You'd think I'd get more sleep during the weekend but it's even worst because I end up staying up past 3am, sometimes doing absolutely nothing.

11. fus1on

fus1on New Member

I make sure to get at least 7.5 hours per night. Anything less and I have massive performance drops. I have mind fog and I do random things which tells me I'm not working at my optimal capacity like putting my toothbrush in my razor holder. If I go lift after a bad night of sleep I can easily tell I'm much weaker. Similarly, I feel more sore in the morning after lifting even if I got good sleep that night, the lack of sleep the night before made it worse.

12. Biomech

Biomech New Member

I try so hard to hold onto 6 hours a night, but it often slips through my fingers. I am a part-time student, while also being an active member of the military. As you might imagine, the sleep schedule in the military is... light.

That being said, there are days when I am not needed until around lunch time, and I milk it for every minute I can get. The downside, however, is because I know I can sleep it, I am prompted to stay up much later wasting time on the internet or going out with friends.

I've tried a bunch of different techniques to try and even out my sleep schedule so I can get a circadian rhythm going, but it just hasn't panned out that way.

13. iamblessed

iamblessed New Member

I know that getting a good night's sleep is important, but I admit that I only spend 5-7 hours of sleeping daily. But most of the time, I also do short naps whenever I feel tired. This helps to boost my mood, refresh my mind and improve my allertness throughout the day.

14. jian2017

jian2017 New Member

8 hours

15. rebeccaverdad

rebeccaverdad Member

each one of us have a different length of hours of sleep, due to our job. for me as much as possible I sleep for 6-8 hours a day. Because if not for sure I will not be more productive on my work. As a data encoder I must be more productive without the compromising the quality of my output.

16. amoxicilin000

amoxicilin000 New Member

I can't really tell how long my sleep is everyday. This is the most difficult question that i couldn't answer. Humans like us needs a certain amount of sleep to achieve our highest conditions and to have better health. Nowadays there are some people who do some work and lacks sleep because of over-activity. Some people gets sick due to lack of sleep and that's what is happening to me sometimes. The reason why i can't answer it, it's because everyday i wake up in different time, sometimes morning and sometimes afternoon. I sleep late also that's why there are some instances that i will wake up in the afternoon already. The longest sleep that i had is for 10 hours and that is the most precious sleep time that i had so far, the other sleep that i had is only for 4-6 hours that's my sleeping time. Everyday i lack sleep and sometimes i fell dizzy and it's not good. Lack of sleep is my problem that's why answering this question is not that easy for me, i don't have a definite sleeping range. During my younger days i remember i can sleep during afternoon even though i slept enough during night time. During my adulthood also, i work 10 hours a day and graveyard so i sleep during daytime. It's so difficult.

Sleeping in daytime is also a difficult thing to do. After i work every-time i arrive from work i cannot sleep right-away it takes some hours for me to sleep and when i fall asleep there's only a little time remaining for me to sleep since i consumed most of them trying to fall asleep. I was used to it by the way, like everyday, i sleep 4 hours sometimes 5 or 6, my sleeping hours don't matter anymore for as long as i have slept then for me i'm good to go. All i can say is that sleeping is very important and take enough time to rest because our body needs it. I've been through a lot and i already experienced bad effects of sleep deprivation it's very very difficult. I don't have insomnia but sleeping during daytime is really difficult.

17. reynrobin

reynrobin New Member

I am in a graveyard shift and with that, I don't have the luxury of having 8 hours sleep. I would say I spent 5 to 6 hours sleep in a daily basis. I guess that is enough for a day sleep and I use my break time for a power nap when I am at work.

18. Snapback_Republic

Snapback_Republic New Member

i think you should sleep less, me i sleep 4 to 6hours a day. i think you should enjoy life to the fullest anyway you can sleep permanently when your dead, hehehe!

19. michael16

michael16 Member

For me, I can say that, I can sleep for about 7 to 8 hours a day. Because I usually used my smartphone specially very night. I can spend 6 hours holding my smart phone and in that case I will not able to sleep early but I woke early in the morning and I don't know why. But in the after noon I will spend my time sleeping for almost 3 to 4 hours so if I sum up the time I spend on sleeping it would be 10 hours a day. I can tell myself that part of the time of my life was sleeping.

20. Divinelyrich

Divinelyrich New Member

I do some of my writings late nights so I sleep for 6 hours daily on the average.

21. ARTMAKKAM

ARTMAKKAM New Member

Когда мне нужно работать на следующее утро, я сплю около шести часов ночи примерно через шесть часов!
    А если на следующий выходной, то я достаточно поспать и спать 14 часов!)))

А для борьбы со сонливостью необходимо выполнить интересную работу.

22. jpearl2328

jpearl2328 New Member

Minimun hours of sleep for me is 8. Waking up in the morning having complete good night sleep makes me feel excited to start my day. If there are times that I wasn't able to get that much needed rest, I try to sneek in some power naps usually after lunch. It's the formula that works for me and my practice ever since.

23. eddiealex

eddiealex New Member

The minimum hours to sleep should be four hours daily for the sake of your health and the maximum hours to sleep should be 6hours daily if you don't want to die a poor man

24. Ivaann

Ivaann New Member

I usually sleep between 8 and 9 hours. More than that, I'll feel like I don't want to get away from bed, more hours of sleep ain't good for me. Sometimes I sleep only 6 hours and feel great, sometimes 10-11 and feel very bad, headaches sometimes but I don't know why, maybe in those 11 hours of sleep my body was dehydrated and here's the solution, maybe.
    So, for me 8-9 hours of sleep are enough to feel energized & ready to start my day!

1 person likes this.
  25. hgnguyen

hgnguyen New Member

I have trouble falling asleep, so even if I say 8-9 hours, what I truly mean might be 5-6 hours. I always tired throughout the day no matter how much sleep I get if I'm being honest. I think having an iron deficiency and not eating enough might be a huge factor though. Strangely enough, sometimes I can sleep for only 3-4 hours and feel my best though. I guess it depends on the day.

26. Jorezabautista22

Jorezabautista22 New Member

I always made sure that I had an eight hour sleep, here is brief explanation for that, when you sleep lower than eight hour, the time you will wake up the next day, you will feel sluggish, tired, weak and uncomfortable but when you took 8 hour sleep, you will feel energized and comfortable because that span of time helps your body to regenerate the energy that has taken away from you while you are awake. But always keep in mind that over an eight hour is no longer healthy, the moment you wake up you will get to feel the weakness and incapable of standing up because you spent so much time in bed. There are some research says that the breaking down process of food in digestion works faster than when you are awake, It may be the reason why each time you took an over eight hour sleep, your body tend to look for sugar, as it is the main source of energy of the body. also, a nap in between hours of woke is a must!

27. ElectorAlexander

ElectorAlexander New Member

I sleep for as long as I like because thats what I love doing best, at time I just sleep to the extent that I will be very lazy to stand up in the morning if I don't have anything to do. Medically , it is not proper to sleep more than 8 hours but it all depends on what that individual did during the day, a very busy person may sleep for a very long time that a person who sat home doing nothing. So I think sleeping for more hours than the usual 8 hours as prescribe by the medic isn't that bad.

1 person likes this.
  28. alanamc25

alanamc25 New Member

I spend like 7 to 9 hours deoending on my schedule in work. But important you sleep more than 8 hours to keep you healthy.

29. Divine68

Divine68 New Member

I sleep for an average of seven hours daily. I hardly sleep in the afternoon so I do my sleeping at night.

30. Earl John Nolasco

Earl John Nolasco New Member

Actually, my job as a security guard is in the morning shift (6am-6pm) and I used to manage my part time online jobs by night.
    Do you imagine already? Haha. If you ask me how much time do I spend in sleeping, I can honestly say the opposite or available time after I finished my jobs.

Just to be exact, I spend only 4-5 hours a day in my bed. For me to recover energy, relaxes my brain after a tiring works. Well, I know that's not the usual average people should take in rest but I am a busy person. Building my dreams, earning well for my family. That is why I don't spend too much time just for sleeping.

1 person likes this.