How many hours a day do you spend on sleeping?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by oyorslol, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Matilac

Matilac Member

Sleeping. A good night's sleep is vital for every human being to survive. Given that an average a person sleeps for 8 hours in a day, that means that an average person will sleep for 229,961 hours in their lifetime or basically one third of their life.Sep 5, 2013.If the average night's sleep is eight hours (ie one third of a day), one sleeps for one third of one's life. If you live, say, 75 years, that's 25 years asleep, or 9,125 days.

2. Humbledqueen20

Humbledqueen20 New Member

I sleep a majority of 6-8 hours a day. I have an infant so when she goes to sleep at night I then go to sleep and wake up early in the morning around 5 or 6 and do whatever I need to before she wakes up for feeding time.

3. rightmeownana

rightmeownana New Member

During my sophomore year, I usually sleep for 6-8 hours a day. I usually count how many hours I slept, it's a habit I developed. But right now, I only spend 3-5 hours of sleep due to schoolwoorks. I also need to spend some hours with my loved ones.

4. Beth77

Beth77 New Member

I sleep for about five to six hours a day. Sleeping is very important because it helps the body and mind reboot. But when I had a stressful day, I find myself not being able to sleep well. I keep on waking up during the night so I end up feeling tired still in the morning. So before sleeping, I suggest that one should de-stress by doing some light exercise or drinking milk minutes before going to bed.

5. reubensausal

reubensausal New Member

While sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, most healthy adults need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at their best. Children and teens need even more. And despite the notion that our sleep needs decrease with age, most older people still need at least 7 hours of sleep. just relax your self and calm your mind so that you will wake up greatly.

6. Lowjasmine98

Lowjasmine98 New Member

I try to at least sleep for 6 or 7 hours a day. As one grows older, the lesser hours of getting to sleep daily. The older you are, the more worries and pressure of life thus could not sleep easily as too much of thinking all the time. Getting quality sleep is hard to come by nowadays. At times, will have sleepness nights for days.

7. EngineMan

EngineMan New Member

I think sleep is very important. I try to get 9 hours of sleep every night. I notice that when I don't sleep enough, I will get grumpy the next day. Also my concentration will be all over the place. Especially when I need to study for an exam the next day I make sure I get enough sleep.

A tip for when you are trying to fall asleep faster: read a book in bed just before sleeping. Don't stare at your mobile phone right before you go to bed, pick up a book instead and you will fall asleep much quicker!

8. mike37

mike37 New Member

i sleep 5-6 hours a day..30mins.-1 hour excersize before work..i feel active in my body if i only sleep 5-6 hours..

9. ansitech

ansitech New Member

I really spend 8 to 9 hrs in sleep as I get problem to get sleep I have to spend 1 to 2 hr first on bed to get a sleep.

10. christianMoralde

christianMoralde New Member

When I was a kid, my mama, told me to sleep early for me to gain more height. But now as an adult, I can barely have 6 hours of sleep because of my job. I usually do some overtime to earn more income for my family. Anyway, I read some blog about the benefits of sleep for us human and I was amazed by the fact that getting enough sleep may help you fight some health disorder such as stroke, heart disease, cancer, stress, and diabetes. And getting at least 8 hours of sleep will make you more alert, improve your memory and help you lose weight. So sleeping is not just necessary for us humans but essential for us to live longer and healthier.

11. Marion102513

Marion102513 New Member

Since i gave birth to my baby i slept just 5 hours straight in the evening but during in the afternoon i can sleep 1-2 hrs.

12. astraherondale

astraherondale New Member

Due to the hectic schedule of medical school, I am only able to sleep 4-5 hours a day on a weekday. It is ironic, given that we are studying to become future healthcare providers but we are subjected to unhealthy conditions due to the congested medical curriculum. On weekdays though, my body tries to recover from my sleep-deprived state that I end up sleeping for an average of 10 hours.

13. redj

redj New Member

I sleep at least 7 hours a day, but since we are planning to conceive baby, I'm starting to sleep at least 8 hours a day. Having enough sleep a day will be beneficial to your work because you will become more productive.

14. jing1920

jing1920 New Member

Consider me as an avid fan of sleeping. The hours I spend sleeping may vary and are affected by several factors but one things stays consistent: I spend a lot of time in bed.

On normal days that I have work, I would spend 7-8 hours of sleep on average; that's because I have limited time to sleep since I have to wake up early to get ready in the morning. However, if I'm really tired on the day prior to my off, I would spend 12 hours sleeping---or more. It's no longer a wonder for my family because they have gotten used to it and that they no longer bother to wake me up during mealtimes.

15. ritz2

ritz2 New Member

Sleep is very important, so I always make sure that I get 8 hours of sleep a day. I believed that health is important, and we should take care of it by all means, it is important that our body are getting enough rest to function properly and also it should be accompanied by a good diet and proper exercise.

16. jake21

jake21 New Member

My regular sleeping hours is about 6 to 7 hours. It depends if I need to do homework and review upcoming test to
    our school, I sleep 3 to 5 hours. Also if the temperature is hot then I woke up early than expected. I know that lack of sleep can affect my mood and daily routine so as long as I have the time I make sure that I can sleep 7 to 9 hours. Long sleep helps my brain to function well and boost my energy through out the day. I need to stay focus because it has also a factor to stay alert.

17. gconcha

gconcha New Member

I sleep six hours every night. Although I wish I could sleep more, but every time I try to sleep early I just end up lying down, and staring at the ceiling. I envy the people who could sleep in just a few minutes of settling down in bed. I love sleep and waking up feeling refreshed is one of the best feelings ever and one of the things I aspire to achieve every day. I have reduced my caffeine intake already and I hope this will help me in being able to sleep immediately.

18. Markjim

Markjim Member

When I was young I spend my whole day in sleeping,since that time I'm not busy enough because I'm so young to do house work.But today my minimum hours of sleep is 5-6 hours,since I'm a student that's why I need to study harder for a higher grades. However I always prioritize my health and fitness in order to have a healthy body and to accomplished my dream.

19. katarinamurtin

katarinamurtin New Member

I don`t sleep enough. That is something I am sure in. I am always stressed and grumpy. It`s just that I have too much to study, and then when I want to relax (that means I want to watch a series or a movie) it`s late and I end up staying up until 3 a.m. Then I have to wake up early for school, my bus is here in 6.20 a.m. so here I am in school with two big circles around my eyes like a PANDA!
    #lovek

20. sheshamar

sheshamar New Member

For me I have 7-8 hours of sleep. I am a full time mom and do a little part time jobs online, I wake up 5 in the morning to prepare breakfast and pack lunch for my elementary student daughter. I sleep early too, around 9 in the evening I should be in bed so i still have energy the following day.

21. GarzonR

GarzonR New Member

Since I belong to the working class, I get only 6 hours of sleep during weekdays. On weekends, my time off, I also spent 6 hours of sleep due to my body clock.

1 person likes this.
  22. greenwood88

greenwood88 New Member

Back when I was a kid I never really cared about sleeping but I always slept for like more than 9 hours but now that I am a grown up dude who does the same routine everyday over and over again from home, going to gym and then work and sleep for just about 4-5 hours. Makes me realise that time has gone so fast that I want to be kid again, longer sleep and no worries.

23. erialcalcantara

erialcalcantara New Member

I spend sleeping for a minimum of 6 hours and maximum of 8 hours. If i will sleep lesser or more than that time, I can feel weakness and tiredness all throughout the day. I also take some power naps for 15 to 30 minutes during the day. When I lack of sleep I try to get more naps until i feel energized again. Milk and banana together helps me sleep sound at night. Too much exercise gives me insomnia, so I just limit my self not to over workout.

24. rajabhatti

rajabhatti New Member

I make a decent attempt to clutch 8 hours per night, however, it frequently sneaks past my fingers. I am low maintenance understudy, while likewise being a functioning individual from the military. As you may envision, the rest plan for the military is... light.

That being stated, there are days when I am not required until around noon, and I drain it for consistently I can get. The drawback, notwithstanding, is on account of I realize I can rest it, I am incited to remain up considerably later sitting around idly on the web or going out with companions.

I've attempted a pack of various strategies to attempt and level out my rest plan so I can get a circadian cadence going, yet it simply hasn't worked out that way.

25. agbuyarashel

agbuyarashel New Member

We are all required to have 8-10 hrs of sleep everyday. As a student, I barely get enought sleep because groupings, assignments, projects and other school activities. Because of these, my energy is so low and I always feel tired.

26. Mjsmith

Mjsmith New Member

Actually when I was at a young age the common average that I slept is 8 hours, because as a kid I doesn't know anything instead of sleeping. However nowadays its pretty good for me to have an average of 8 hours of sleep,commonly the reason is that I keep on studying and doing homework to have a high grade for a better life.

27. jal04

jal04 New Member

I'm a kind of person who loves sleeping and honestly I can slept 10-12 hours per night and 2 hours in the afternoon. But everything changes when I got pregnant because frequent urination interferes, muscle cramps strike in the middle of the night, and having a difficult time finding a comfortable position as my stomach gets bigger and bigger. I thought I can have a good night sleep after my baby is born but I was wrong, reality sank in quickly as catching sleep gets even more harder. But I know sleepless nights is not forever and will soon be just a memory as my baby gets older and sleeps better.

28. Black822

Black822 New Member

It is always recommend to have 8 hours of sleep a day but I always end up having less because of all the works that I have to do from school plus all the stress that I have to deal with my personal life.
    I always end up having 4 to 6 hours of sleep a day and whenever I wake up I always crave for more but I know that all of the sacrifices that I have made for my chosen field will finally be ripen off someday.