How many hours a day do you spend on sleeping?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by oyorslol, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Janelle31

Janelle31 New Member

As long as I feel refreshed after a sleep I deem it okay. It does not matter to me if I slept for a total of 10 hours or just 3. There are times that even if you already got plenty of sleep you still feel very tired. I guess we need to listen more to our body to see if we are getting enough rest or not. Enough sleep is not the only thing that our body needs; we also need to be aware of our diet and activities. However, we cannot argue that sleep is very important since our body need this time to regenerate itself.

download.jpg

2. belleanib

belleanib New Member

As a new parent, i feel compelled to dedicate every available hour tending to my baby's needs. But don't forget that parents have needs, too -- especially when it comes to sleep. Nursing mothers often bear the brunt of sleep loss. Many newborns breastfeed as often as every hour or two, leaving their moms struggling to stay alert during the day. Although nursing might mean weeks or months of interrupted sleep, the emotional rewards can make it worthwhile.

3. florencieh

florencieh New Member

Not enough. I would love to be sleeping 10 hours or more but in reality as a student I sleep 4-6, 8 if I'm lucky.

4. pceug17

pceug17 Member

As of now, doing my thesis and going freelance online, I only got 5-6 hours of sleep. I sleep on the afternoon to recover the lost hours at night

5. mibridina2001

mibridina2001 Member

Sleep is really important to me so I make sure that I can get the right amount of sleep a day. I really sleep 8 hours a day to be fully energized. Sometimes if I am really tired at the end of the day, I sleep for like 8-10 hours. No regrets on having long hours of sleep.

6. Hagael

Hagael New Member

I sleep 7 hours a day, during the week I wake up with the alarm clock, at the weekends I try to wake up normally and end up sleeping among 9-10 hours a day.

7. ewi102

ewi102 Member

i sleep 7-9 hours a day but i dont have things to do on that day i sleep 9-10 hours.but honestly im not the person who like to nap during breaktime because im a busy person.

8. myckmyck

myckmyck New Member

Men need 6 hours of sleep, woman need 7 hours 8 hours or more only lazy people. At the beginning is hard but once u get used to it you will be more productive, you will sleep better and faster, the day will be bigger and you will end up doing a lot more things.

9. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

Medical expert proof that it's good to sleep for 6 hours daily, but for me I only sleep about 4hours am just trying now to add an hour to my sleeping routine .
    Sleep should not be taken so important in human life if you have something tangible to do, or what will bring money to you, need to stand up work hard for money and when the money come sleeping will take its normal shape.

But precisely our body system need rest daily, so we need atleast 4-7 hour of sleep daily to build up our body system .

10. Sreelesh31

Sreelesh31 New Member

It has been said that it is a healthy habit for an adult to get 6-8 hours of sound sleep whereas children are required to sleep for 8-10 hours. Sound sleep is essential because our body requires well-deserved rest after a full day of activity and to keep you refreshed.

I was working as a medical transcriptionist for about 10 plus years. The working hours of a medical transcriptionist mandated that you work compulsory night shifts. It was during those days that I understood the importance of a sound sleep.

Exactly, for this reason, I had to shift my job, and now I am happy that I at least get enough sound sleep. I go to bed at around 11-11:30 p.m. and gets up around 7 a.m.

11. Vishnumayyanad

Vishnumayyanad New Member

Sleep is an essential part of any person's health. If we don't get proper sleep, it can lead to many health problems.

12. jendexayayra

jendexayayra New Member

I love being able to rest. During my school days, I was sleeping 9 hours or more. When I was working after graduating, it was like more or less 7 hours. When I got pregnant, it's like half a day. And now, that I have 2 beautiful kids. I get to sleep 5 hours, which I think is more than enough. Sleeping patterns and the duration of it depends on how healthy and active your life style is. If your body and mind can no longer function properly, that only means you need to take a break. We can never truly maximize our existence if we don't take care of ourselves.

13. lancesblurbs

lancesblurbs New Member

You should be sleeping 7 to 8 hours and fall asleep about 10:30 for best healthy sleep. I must say I fail at the bedtime but I typically sleep about 7 and a half hours but am usually tired.

14. czari

czari New Member

It really varies on my workload but I try my best to get 6-8 hours of rest. Sometimes this is just not possible and I have to run on 3-4 hours of sleep, which really takes a toll on me.

15. jedcorinne

jedcorinne New Member

My average hours of sleep in a day is about 4-5 hours. When we where young, it has always been taught to us at school or told by our parents to sleep 8 hours a day in order for our bodies to regain the energies we have lost during the day. But now that I am an adult that has a full and part-time job, sleeping 8 hours a day seems like a hindrance in order for me to finish all the things that needs to be done within one day.

16. enel1

enel1 New Member

There is a lot of impact on how much hours we need on sleeping. I preferably sleep at night with a 7-8 hours. As doctors prescribed the sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, most healthy adults for example teenagers need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at your best. There is a big difference between the amount of sleep we can get by on and the amount we need to function optimally. The quality of our sleep directly affects our mental and physical health and the quality of our waking life, including the emotional balance, productivity, heart and brain health, immune system, creativity, vitality, and even our weight.

On the positive side, there are evidences that even a night's sleep can affect a person's thinking and physical ability. People who slept on the right amount of time performed better than those who slept the less. For me being busy is not a hindrance to reduce the sleep time. It is our time-management that will save us to not be more stressed and take us to the right amount of sleep time.

17. nyates

nyates New Member

Why do we need to put a number on it? Does everyone fit into the same box? What if we were able to create a life in which we could sleep when we were tired and eat when we were hungry? No, life isn't totally unorganized. What if it was a range of time you need of sleep rather than a specific number? Why is so much structure necessary. I like to live a life in which the clock serves me, rather than be a slave to the clock.

18. Kryptonian

Kryptonian Member

4-5 hours.Sleep rejuvenates the mind and body.It also a way for the body to attune itself with the earths energy,if you are one interested in ancient earth mysteries.You will find sleep to be medicine among medicines.

19. donald78

donald78 Member

I sleep 6 to 8 hours a day just to be exact. People may need as few as 10 hours each day. Most adults usually spend 7 to 9 hours a night sleeping. Pay attention to how you feel during the day to determine if you are getting the right amount for you. If you are sleeping enough, you should feel awake and energized during the day.