How many times would you press the button?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by sioniam, Oct 1, 2018.

  1. sioniam

    sioniam New Member

    You wake up strapped to a machine. You are told that you have 99% chance of the machine killing you, and 1% chance of surviving. Before you is a button. Everytime you press it, your odds go up to 1% but a random person dies from a heart attack and you are forced to watch it happen before your eyes. How many times would you press the button?
     
  2. LMFI2031

    LMFI2031 New Member

    This is an interesting ethical question. My gut tells me that pushing the button is wrong but I also want to live! I just got married and I'm still young! Call me an evil person but I'd push it 99 times. If I'm going to kill one person for a chance to I might as well go all the way. I couldn't justify pushing the button just once or twice especially even if I still died. Then the people I killed I killed for no reason. I don't know for sure though maybe my morality would win out and I would survive. I can't wait to see what others have to say.
     

Share This Page