How much water do you drink daily?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by nbadiehard, Jun 24, 2014.

1. nbadiehard

nbadiehard New Member

Well, I was wondering how much water everyone drinks everyday. I like to drink out of a water bottle, one of my favorite water bottling companies is Nestle Pure Life. The amount of water inside one of these water bottles are 500 mL, I drink about five water bottles everyday because it is so much healthier than drinking soda or juice. I know some people are saying this is a waste of money because you can just go to the tap and get water from there or if your scared of it possibly being polluted you can purchase a filter. I think the reason I have not bought a filter is because setting it up is too much of a hassle.

Elif, Malarie, Shaunie13 and 2 others like this.
  2. Katie

Katie New Member

Depending on my daily activities, I drink anywhere between 2-4 bottles of water a day. If I work out that day I drink more.

3. Reaganation

Reaganation New Member

I can never keep track of the exact amount of water I drink in a day. I do know, however, that it must be quite a lot. I am constantly drinking water throughout the day. As soon as I run out, I fill up my cup again and before I know it, it's gone. I think staying hydrated adequately is probably the most important requirement to maintaining a healthy life.

4. martindrox

martindrox New Member

I drink about 8 glasses a day. Drinking water is good for the body limber and harmonic. Drinking more water helps you lose weight, i think that drinking water before eating will male you feel a bit of fullness, and therefore you will not eat too much before you feel satiety, all you need is to ensure drinking water natural-free no additives sugary, and stay away from sweetened juices or soft drinks. Drink water to feel refreshed and moisturizing for moisturiz your body and maintains the desired temperature at normal rates, even under high temperatures in summer, and compensate for the heavy amounts of sweat in your skin so you do not get dehydrated

5. Errol Blair

Errol Blair New Member

I drink about three glasses a day. To be honest, I have to practice drinking more, preferably 5-8 glasses a day. Water is life and must be treasured as something healthy for the body to take in. However, the amount of glasses that I drink also varies with the nature of daily activities that I have to perform. I especially drink water to re-hydrate after a long day's work, but not necessarily to quench thirst. I remain cognizant of the fact that water is the most healthy and pure form of fluid to drink.

6. Áron

Áron New Member

It depends mostly on the weather, the season and my daily activities. However, I always pay attention to it. I drink about ten glasses of mineral water a day.

7. Drellius

Drellius New Member

I agree, soft drinks are rather bad for you. I used to drink nothing but Coke, I'm not sure what that was doing to my body, and I really didn't care at that point. But, at a later point in my life, I actually realized how bad that specific soft drink was for me, and I just switched on to water. Nowadays I find myself drinking from 8 to 10 glasses of water. I'd highly suggest drinking around 8 glasses of water each day, just to be safe. I'm pretty sure that even tap water would do the job just fine.

8. Bambi

Bambi Guest

I drink between 2-4 quarts of water day depending on my active level for that day. Drinking water is good for the body, so I try to drink as much as I can. :laugh:

9. Sharingan_Okami

Sharingan_Okami New Member

I live in "The High Desert" which is the area between vegas and california. The weather here is just insane and the heat is too intense at times. That being said, the heat just gives one no choice but to consume large amounts of water. I personally drink about 3 gallons of water a day. It has helped me loose weight and stay hydrated.

10. sanjaya

sanjaya New Member

Water is one of the best drug in the world.It helps to prevent getting kidney diseases,heart disease,constipation and several other diseases.The average daily water requirement change with the body weight ,environmental factors such as humidity,conditions such as vomiting ,loose motion and several other things.But for a healthy adult male its about 1.8 liters.So I drinks about two liters per day.

11. Áron

Áron New Member

It depends mostly on the weather, the season and my daily activities. However, I always pay attention to it. I drink about ten glasses of mineral water a day.

12. Isaelie

Isaelie New Member

I used to drink nothing but sugary sodas. Now, I drink at least three litres of water a day, and I can't believe how much better I feel for doing so. The water really helps me stay full and keeps my energy levels up throughout the day.

13. jewelannekho

jewelannekho New Member

I wish I can say that I drink 8 glasses of water a day but the truth is, I probably just drink 3-4 glasses. But I'm trying to change that lifestyle by having a small bottle with me everywhere I go.

lili9 likes this.
  14. Carlos Eduardo

Carlos Eduardo New Member

I live in the semi arid region of Brazil and think 8 glasses should be enough.

15. iheartgingerale

iheartgingerale New Member

The recommended would be at least 2-3 liters of water a day. It flushes out toxin and at the same time clears our skin of impurities, prevent urinary tract infections and constipation.

16. czarinafajardo

czarinafajardo New Member

I highly recommend drinking 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day. You will actually see the benefits of drinking more water than sodas and juices, because it increases your metabolism, clears out toxic wastes from your body, and keeps your skin hydrated. Also, make sure you carry a tiny water bottle inside your bag to keep you from impulsively buying drinks outside.

17. Ami Sawoo

Ami Sawoo New Member

I am 20 years of age and I weigh 49 kg. I drink about 2 litres of water everyday. That said, this includes water from sources such as juices, soups etc.

Try not to overdo it though, you'll fall sick if you have too much water in your body.

Too much of a good thing, eh? :p

Enea.Ko likes this.
  18. ummat

ummat New Member

I try to drink about 2 liters of water a day which is actually the daily recommended water intake. Its good that you refrain from soda. Excessive soda consumption has been linked to obesity, kidney damage, stroke and certain cancers. Juices, on the other hand, are very good for health, provided that they are pure. There is no harm in replacing one bottle of water with a bottle of juice. Doing this won't affect your fluid intake and the vitamins and minerals you'l get from the juice will be an additional benefit.

Erika88 likes this.
  19. BrianM

BrianM New Member

Recently, I made the life choice to drink more water and aim to drink two liters per day like many have mentioned above as the ideal for most people. Of course, this depends on your body type and activity level. Also, like ummat said, a glass or bottle of juice, particularly fruit juice, is a great way to get the recommended daily intake of critical vitamins.

20. h3llokitty187

h3llokitty187 New Member

I really don't drink water as much as I need to but I do drink a great deal of it,to the point where I wont shrivel up and die.I would say that I drink about five tall glasses a day it's about the only thing that I drink. But I need to drink more of it,if I'm not drinking the water I'm moslty drinking apple juice most of the time.

Erika88 likes this.
  21. shanicacic

shanicacic New Member

Usually I will drink about 70 oz of water a day, maybe more. Because water is purifying and cleansing, I use my mind to convince me to drink water anytime I crave a sugary drink. Water not only has made my skin clear, it is also partly responsible for my losing 48 lbs in 6 months following the birth of my baby. The health benefits are tremendous and numerous and with time drinking water becomes the preference and the standard.

ninetailsnet likes this.
  22. bmth1000

bmth1000 New Member

I keep a bottle on my desk at work and try to make sure I get through at least 4 of them per day, so that's 2 litres. So many people are chronically dehydrated without realising it, as it's easy to forget to drink enough water if you're constantly drinking tea, coffee, soda, etc.

shanicacic likes this.
  23. PurpleIce15

PurpleIce15 New Member

I really don't like water, but because my father has had gallstones removed in the past, I push myself to drink at least two pints of the Smart water container filled with ice water, otherwise, I would not drink it, it has to be cold. So in average I believe I drink between 20-4o ounces of water everyday.

24. tunjey

tunjey New Member

I drink roughly 8-10 glasses of water daily now to relieve fatigue, my doctor said it helps in weight loss, boost the immune system and improve skin complexion. Since water is inexpensive, I improved my intake. Please note, I am in Africa and the weather determines the water intake because it is really hot here

25. johniv

johniv New Member

I barely drink any pure water on a daily basis. I do, however, drink copious amounts of iced tea and soda, which is probably why I have not died of dehydration yet. I would probably say that between the tea and the soda I drink around 100 ounces of water every day.

26. becky strait

becky strait New Member

I am an avid water drinker who starts her day off with one cup of coffee and then it is onto water. I have a PUR water filter attached to my kitchen faucet, and it works great. Super simple to attach. I have a gallon jug in the fridge which I fill up every day with water. I try to drink that much water a day, but that does not always work out.

27. Kristy Guy

Kristy Guy New Member

I always keep my 24 oz travel mug with me filled with water. I would say I refill it 3-4 times a day. So, that would be at least 12 cups of water everyday. I have made it a point to drink plenty of water since beginning the Paleo Diet.

28. Rosallie

Rosallie New Member

I drink 2 to 3 liters daily. But most of the time my mouth is still looking for a flavored drinks. So I decided to go on flavored water like putting some cucumber, lime and mint on my bottled water or apple and cinnamon flavor. You can look up in google Naturally flavored water. Here's an example of it. Just try it. It's delicious and healthy! :)

Attached Files:

29. NathanO

NathanO New Member

I drink 8 16 oz glasses every day. So I drink about 16 cups a day. I drink most of it from the tap, this could serve to make the water a little less healthy, but I live in an area with great water, so I'm not worried. I drink so much because water does so many great things for the human body. It increases muscle efficiency, improves brain function, and lubricates bones just to mention a few. I drink because it really improves my mood and helps me stay awake without caffeine.

30. vixy

vixy New Member

I carry a bottle of filtered tp water around with me and I just have a sip whenever I think about it. There, I am drinking right now! I suspect I drink a bit less than 2l a day most days but when I don't have that water at hand I really do feel more headache-y and tired.