How much water do you drink daily?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by nbadiehard, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Alucard0

Alucard0 New Member

I'm trying to be as healthy as possible(and also gain weight), so I try to drink as much water as I can. Most of the time I settle on something like 2 liters of water a day. I believe that water is good replacement for soda and other unhealthy beverages. Drinking water keeps me energetic and I feel consequences when I miss out on my morning dose.

2. wmouts

wmouts New Member

I try to drink at least 32-64 oz a day. Sometimes it's hard to do, but on really hot days it seems to be a bit easier. But I must say, I prefer soda because I don't have to pee as much with soda as I do with water. ??? Go figure.

3. mmpetersen540

mmpetersen540 New Member

Everyone has heard that the recommended amount of water per person, per day is eight cups. However, there are some exceptions to this.
    - Athletes - Athletes should drink more than eight cups of water in a day to prevent dehydration, cramping, and other unpleasant side effects.
    - Persons working outside - Persons who work outside are exposed to harsher weather and are more likely to perspire than persons who do not. Like athletes, persons who work outside should drink more water.
    As an athlete who works outside, I drink between five and seven 20 oz bottles of water per day. I keep a reusable bottle with me at all times and make sure that I have drained it at least three times before lunch and twice more before dinner. On hot days I supplement that with extra water and electrolyte drinks.

4. Rebecca Jacobs

Rebecca Jacobs New Member

I strive to get the recommended 8 cups per day but on a high energy/exercising day I will get 10 cups in. Water bottles are great for convenience but also contain harmful toxins such as BPA & BPS. You can switch to a new glass water bottle that's super cute and save money not having to purchase the plastic bottles.

5. bathunter3

bathunter3 New Member

My mother used to tell me that it's healthy to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. But whenever I drink more water than I need to I just end up going to the toilet a lot more. The body gets rid of excess water it doesn't need so I only drink whenever I feel thirsty. That's the brains way of telling you that you need to drink water. So it can be anywhere between 4-8 glasses of water.

6. christinachristina

christinachristina New Member

I drink about 500ml every day, which is actually considerably less than what doctors would advise. I've heard that the best amount of water is 2 liters, in order to keep the body healthy and hydrated. Although I think 2 liters may be a lot, I agree that I need to be drinking more water. At times I find myself very dehydrated and unable to concentrate, or perform physically exhausting tasks. People who have very active lifestyles tend to drink more water daily.

7. Krista Scott

Krista Scott New Member

Cutting down on sodas and increasing water has been my goal! I am pushing for at least 64 ounces of water a day, but I know that I need more. So far, I have decreased my soda consumption at least by half. It's definitely a step, or sip, in the right direction!

8. arghyadeep

arghyadeep New Member

There are many different opinions on how much water we should be drinking every day. The health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember.

9. awkwardlyawesome86

awkwardlyawesome86 New Member

I have a 600 ml (20 oz) water bottle that I have with me at all times. I try to drink 3-4 bottles of water a day (so between 60 oz and 80 oz of water). To make water more appealing, I put ice in my water and try to only drink filtered water. I used to drink about 12 diet sodas a day but have since stopped drinking soda. If I want a 'treat', I'll drink a cup of 1/2 lemonade with 1/2 water.

10. PedroSantos

PedroSantos New Member

I drink less than one litre per day - about 500 ml - which is a bit worrying. I do my best to drink a suitable quantity of water for my age, although I am never capable of doing that. My daily activities (such as work, etc.) keep me from paying attention to the amount of water I drink.

11. alyssa6567

alyssa6567 New Member

I aim to drink eight bottles of water a day, but usually I fall short. :cry: For the most part, though, water is all that I drink. I'll have soda on very special occasions, and milk when I eat something sweet. I don't drink tap water, only bottled. The water from our tap has always tasted a bit funny to me. For a while, we had a filter built into our fridge, but it stopped working, which was when we began buying bottled waters. We haven't looked back since! :)

12. Kazzy57

Kazzy57 New Member

The recommended daily intake of water is 8 x 250 ml glasses. No more though, because it is a scientific fact that you can get drunk on water and it can kill you in great excess!
    Bottled water isn't always best either because lets face it, how do we know how long it has been in the bottle and in a plastic bottle it may have taken on some of the harmful chemicals in the plastic and especially if the bottle was left out in direct sunlight!
    Bottled water in glass bottles is always best and for some reason it seems to taste nicer too, and especially chilled from the fridge.

13. Fahima

Fahima New Member

I try to drink at least eight glasses a day, because I read somewhere that it's how much we are supposed to drink a day. Sometimes, I even drink more. If you don't mind going to the bathroom every two hours, then I suggest you should too, because there are a bunch of health benefits, including better skin.

14. Bexxv

Bexxv New Member

I try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day. I was previously buying 500ml plastic bottles in bulk from the supermarket but recently stopped because it is both costly and not great for the environment. I purchased a 1 litre water bottle by Camelbak and whilst it is a small investment, it is one of my smartest. I can easily measure how much water I am drinking and the product is great quality (it comes with a lifetime guarantee too!). At home I have a water filter on the fridge and at work we also have filtered water so I have no excuse not to use it!

15. Tiffanielove1

Tiffanielove1 New Member

I drink a lot of water. It is the only drink that truly quenches my thirst. I like to put lemon and other fruits in my water to give it flavor. I like to fill up my 32oz water bottle at least 6 times a day.

16. Melissa Dawn Conn

Melissa Dawn Conn New Member

I was doing so well recently! Every chance I got I'd grab a glass of water. I refused to buy soda so I wouldn't drink it and I'd be forced to drink as much water as I could. My husband came home with a case of soda and I don't think I've had a drink of water for a few days. I'll go into nasty little spirals like these. I'll do good and drink water, someone will come home with soda, I'll drink nothing but soda and either a) get a UTI or b) get dehydrated, drink water, and start this vicious cycle all over again.

17. BrittneyStevens

BrittneyStevens New Member

The amount of water I drink daily depends on how I'm feeling. If I am feeling well, I am more likely to drink at least three full water bottles. If, however, I am feeling sick, I drink on average half a water bottle.

18. EmilyS

EmilyS New Member

I drink about 72 oz, or 9 glasses, of water each day. I use a contigo water bottle that holds 24 oz and fill it three times each day from a Brita water filter or from the tap. I do it this way because I do not want to waste plastic by using disposable water bottles. I also find that a filter is quite easy to set up. For the Brita that I have, all you have to do is take it out of the box, open the filter, rinse it off, place it inside the pitcher, and fill with water. It is a simple process and is much more environmentally friendly than the plastic water bottles, especially for how much water I drink in any given day. In relation to how much water I drink each day, I have noticed that my intake of less healthy liquids, like soda, has decreased. The amount of water that I intake works for me, I know my body and what it needs, but each body is different, so you should check with your doctor before you change your daily routine.

19. Cornelia Amos

Cornelia Amos New Member

Just as stated by Aron, i do take 2- 4 bottles a day, its all depend on the weather.

20. imranhussain

imranhussain New Member

I live in one of the hottest regions on this planet. Drinking plenty of water is a necessity here. You would not go an hour without taking a drink. People say that drinking plenty of water is healthy. With our lifestyle here in my country, I could say we are healthy already because of the amount of water we drink daily.

Alden likes this.
  21. Brian Penney

Brian Penney New Member

I do not measure the amount of water I drink daily, but I pee at least 6 times a day. I am constantly drinking water. It helps to keep me full when I am dieting and it is also necessary where I live. There are charts online highlighting the healthy range of the color of your pee. Different people will need different amounts, but the chart is an easy way to gauge how you are doing.

22. postrocker7

postrocker7 New Member

I usually measure my daily water intake by counting the number of full glasses that I have taken that day. By using this method I'll try to drink at least 6 full glasses of water per day. However, since I spend a lot of time in front of the computer or reading books because of my studies, I am often too lazy to get myself a drink. That's why I found myself a different solution - a water bottle that I fill up and keep at my side at all times! That does the trick for me.

23. Stephanie C.

Stephanie C. New Member

I recently started making changes to my diet and lifestyle to be healthier and lose some weight. I try to drink at least 8 cups of water daily. I never used to drink anything in between meals and when I did drink it was usually coffee or diet soda. I decided to force myself to drink more water by cutting out all other beverages. After one day of a massive headache (caffeine withdrawal), I began to feel better and after a few weeks began to lose some weight. Every now and then I get a craving for a coffee, so I'll treat myself to a skinny decaf iced vanilla latte (mmm....does anyone else think they taste like the left over milk from a bowl of Frosted Flakes??). What surprised me the most is that I used to love the taste of diet soda, but I tried it a couple weeks ago and couldn't stand it!

24. hillarya

hillarya New Member

I drink around 2 liters a day. I recently had a baby and I had gotten into the rythem of drinking water whenever possible. I also am a breast feeding mother so it is very important for me to drink a good quantity of water to keep my milk supply.

25. lchurches

lchurches New Member

I try to drink 80 ounces of water daily. You are supposed to drink half your body weight in water, more if you exercise. It has always been a struggle for me to drink water, so I buy reusable water bottles in cute patterns to help me with this. I also use an app called Plant Nanny. Every time I finish a water bottle, I water my plant in the app. It keeps track of how much I have drank throughout the day and even sets goals for me. The plants will wither or die if you don't drink enough! It has been a fun way for me to keep up on my H2O :)

26. slaasrs

slaasrs New Member

Because I work from home, water is readily available. However, I can't say that I'm very persistent in getting well hydrated. Some days I can easily drink 100 oz (3000ml) and some days I forget to finish a single 15oz glass. I do have to say, I love water and don't have a problem with drinking it straight and without flavoring, but I'm just not a creature of habit and haven't found an easy way to consistently drink enough water.

27. LyraLyra

LyraLyra New Member

The amount of water I drink in a day depends on what I have done within the day. If I have done any exercise I will usually drink an extra 1000ml, and if I'm in a hot country I will usually drink 2 times as much as I would in a colder climate. I like to drink more water when I eat drier foods, so if I eat lots of dried fruit in the day I will add an extra 1000ml to that day's intake. I usually drink anywhere between 3000ml-6000ml per day, enough to make sure my pee is pretty clear. I know if my urine starts to go a dark shade of yellow, I am dehydrated.

Donior Dagol likes this.
  28. belu214

belu214 New Member

I really do not drink enough water. This year I've been trying to keep myself hydrated and have a few cups of water a day. For some reason it is a hard habit for me to drink water.

Donior Dagol likes this.
  29. phillipa52

phillipa52 New Member

I take 4-16.9 oz water bottles to work on most days. I live in a very hot part of the southern US so staying hydrated is a must. When I am tired of plain old water, I use a diffuser water bottle and pack the diffuser compartment with sliced lemon or lime.

Drinking water helps me feel sated and it replaces the sugary sodas and iced teas I was drinking before. This is important for me as I am currently trying to lose weight.

30. lapis sam

lapis sam New Member

Honestly, I don't drink much water. I know i should, and i try to drink at least four glasses per day. I used to drink a lot more and i'm trying to get back into the habit, so i hope carrying a water bottle would help.