How much water do you drink daily?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by nbadiehard, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Donior Dagol

Donior Dagol New Member

This just past months (March-May) We experience very hot weather here in the Philippines the temperature reaches to 40 celsius.
    Usually I drink many glasses a day (10- 20 glasses a day) or equal to 5 liters a day.

2. Anqetik

Anqetik New Member

For me 5 litres a day keeps diseases away. My daily consumption is 5ltr

3. Donior Dagol

Donior Dagol New Member

From What Country you are Sister?
    Cause it depends on the area you live in and the Seasons and the weather you have experience.

4. Maxter

Maxter New Member

On average, I drink the recommended amount of water daily. Water help someone dehydrate and refresh. It is a major requirement in the human body.

5. Dome

Dome New Member

Water is extremely important in your life, and you should always stay hydrated. I drink at least 5 liters a day, which is more than enough. If you're planning on starting a diet, I would advise you to drink a lot of water, since it lowers your cravings for sugar, and it also burns fat! Staying hydrated will also cheer you up, at it is scientifically proven that water boosts your mood! My advice is, drink a lot of water, at least 4 liters per day!

6. sun9876

sun9876 New Member

I'd say 6-8 bottles of water a day but the more the better. Water helps you stay in shape and lose wait. It also gives you great skin. Sadly, I don't drink required quantity of water, I get nauseous and a headache when I drink more water. I don't know why but I just do. I try to drink juice and Lipton tea. The only time that I force myself to drink water is at night, I drink a very large glass. However I try to get water from other sources too like veggies, bread, fruit, soda, teas, milk, juices, etc.

7. Oilujan13

Oilujan13 New Member

On a daily basis, I drink about 6 bottles of water. I am currently breastfeeding and I am always thirsty. Unfortunately, I can't drink water without something in it. I will add lemon, crystal light, or kool aid singles. I do whatever necessary to keep my water intake up. I would rarely drink water before pregnancy.

8. Kirsten711

Kirsten711 New Member

I would say I drink about 150-190 ounces of water a day. A lot of people look at me like I spoke a foreign language when I tell them that. I've never had an issue drinking water, even at a younger age I preferred it over anything else. I like to put lemon, strawberries or pomegranates in my water as well. It's way better than drinking sodas and juices that claim they are 100% juice when in reality it's only 2%.

9. Dragomir Diana

Dragomir Diana New Member

You should drink 8 standard glasses of water, this is the recommended daily amount and that includes any
    beverages such as tea, coffee or juices and you can't tell if your drinking enough, just drink when thirsty,
    in my opinion. Water is the second most important nutrient the body needs to survive - salt is the third most
    important (oxygen is number one). Water and salt make up 75% of the body because it is that important.

10. onlyojkmt

onlyojkmt New Member

I drink less than 2 liters of water a day as I'll only drink water when I feel thirsty.. I know this is a bad habit but I can't get rid of it. This might probably because water is not tasty!

11. Momin Haider

Momin Haider New Member

I don't drink water very often at all. This is mainly because ever since I was a child, I have substituted milk in place of my water as I have always found milk very appealing in taste. However, I do drink a lot of water when I exercise vigorously and it is always a nice surprise when I have to urine a lot afterwards and it comes out clear.

12. Laura Pfeiffer

Laura Pfeiffer New Member

I drink somewhere in the ballpark of 150oz per day. That's around 4440ml for those of you on the metric system. I take into account my weight, activity level and the climate I'm in. We have a water purifying system in our home, and I use an awesome reusable bottle by Polar Bottle. I think it is important to stay hydrated while also being kind to our environment.

13. DAN3NA

DAN3NA New Member

I wish i would drink more water daily. I have a difficult time keeping any liquids down. It is difficult when you are not used to drinking large quantities of water.

14. takeshifujimoto

takeshifujimoto New Member

I usually try to drink an average of 12 to 15 glasses of water a day. I live in a very hot, tropical place so dehydration is a real danger here. Some days, when I do work outdoors in the hot sun, I try my best to get at least a gallon of water in me. Water is the best beverage you could possibly go for, as it cleans out your internal organs and keeps you from being dehydrated!

15. manavchopra

manavchopra New Member

I don't know the exact amount of water i drink daily but its approximately 12-15 glasses in summer and 7-8 glasses in winter.

16. Darklaughter

Darklaughter New Member

I drink for about 6 to 8 glasses a day. Sometimes a drink a lot, most especially when I'm tired. I perspired a lot, that's why drinking of water is very important to our body.

17. Aleksandarr7

Aleksandarr7 New Member

I drink 5-6 glases every day. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, , transportation of nutrents, and maintenance of body temperature.

18. LawrenceS

LawrenceS New Member

I drink around 100 oz or roughly 3L (I think) of water a day. I have an app on my phone that does all of the calculations and reminds me everyday. This way I can be sure to get enough water without over doing it.

19. sweet_pilyz

sweet_pilyz New Member

I used to drink a lot of water, like a lot. During the summer, I would take a 3 liter bottle and fill it up with water and squeeze half a lemon in it. I don't know if I lost weight because it really works, or because I was young and my body was that cool with me.
    Now that I'm a grown up, I easily forget to even eat sometimes. Driving the kids back and forth, going to work, keep up with the house chores, it just seemed impossible for me to take a break for water. So, I bought the galaxy s4 when it first came out and while I was browsing through Google play, I found an interesting app. I don't remember what it was called, something like water tracker most likely. All you have to do is put in your body information and let's you know how much you should be drinking. It reminded me to drink water and kept track of how much I drank. That really helped me because I do love to drink water, I just didn't think I had time.

20. Smartglaxx

Smartglaxx New Member

I drink water a lot. I'm not very conversant with litre measurements, but I drink about ten to twelve glasses of water daily. Whenever I go to a place I can't easily get water, I make arrangements to take water along.

21. Peg

Peg New Member

I drink at least 64 ounces daily. I have diverticulosis and without water, I became very sick. After being in the hospital, my doctor said I should drink much more water so I now carry a water bottle with me everywhere. I have heard many different formulas to figure out how much water you need but I go by how I feel. I drink a large glass of water first thing in the morning with lemon essential oil in it. Then I continue through the day but generally try to slow up after mid afternoon or I have to use the restroom in the night.

Water is good for so many different parts of your body. I recommend everyone increase their water usage.

22. ratliffamarie

ratliffamarie New Member

I find that keeping up on the suggested water intake is difficult for me. I seem to go through phases where I get really focused and drink 8-10 glasses a day for a while. Then somewhere down the line I forget and fall back into my 2 glasses a day habit. One thing that I have tried that seems to increase the amount of water I drink is by keeping lemons and mint in my fridge. I will cut up the lemon and place a few sprigs of mint in the water and it makes it so much more appetizing.

23. littlelissa

littlelissa New Member

I find it hard to drink water as I either end up with heartburn or feel sick would love to be able to drink atleast 2L a day so I stay well hydrated and stop getting kidney infections and other dehydration problems. thanks to reading other comments I am going to download the water tracker APP and have diluting juice at hand closest thing to water I can stomach.

24. Malarie

Malarie New Member

I drink almost a gallon per day. I've been doing this alongside working out and changing eating habits. For me, changing what I drank was the first step, because I felt like I was using my daily sugar and calorie allotment on something that wasn't even worth it. I've stepped it down a little and don't drink quite a full gallon.

25. Vaibhavmiglani

Vaibhavmiglani New Member

This totally depends upon my daily lifestyle . For example if I am working out vigorously i drink more than 2 liters of water and if I am sitting home doing my research work then this figure comes down to less than a liter .
    According to my dermatologist this figure should never come down below 1.5 liters as I am battling with my Hair loss problem .
    Recently I carried out a task in which I drank less than a liter for one week and 2 liters of water in the next week . The changes I observed in my skin and my hair fall were quite significant.

26. katship17

katship17 New Member

I really try and drink tons of water daily. I sometimes get the gallon jugs and refrigerate it overnight and try and finish the entire jug throughout the course of a day. I do Crossfit and it is extremely hot where I live, so I need to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated from all the sweating I do working out.

27. CSue19

CSue19 New Member

According to the Water my Body app that I have on my phone, I'm supposed to drink 90+ ounces of water a day based on my weight. I never manage to get that many in though. Using that app I do track my water intake and it does help me to get in as much water as I can manage, I carry around a 24 ounce water bottle with me wherever I go most days. Drinking water helps your liver process the toxins and fat out of your body. When dieting, its very important to drink enough water so your body can get the excess fat processed out.

28. rjortec21

rjortec21 New Member

Like others, I also can't track how many glasses of water I drink everyday. I know how important drinking 8 glasses of water everyday but still I not accustomed to it. I know I need to work on this since it will be beneficial to my health.

29. B3rnieMac

B3rnieMac New Member

It's a real struggle for me to drink water. I have really dry skin on my face, and I know drinking water would help a good deal with this. Even knowing this, I find drinking it such a chore! I have found that taking a filled 2 litre bottle to work with me helps - just having it on my desk, staring at me, almost guilts me into drinking it.

Drinking plenty of water obviously comes with the downside of running to the toilet every 15 minutes!

30. arcablue

arcablue New Member

I've found that if I keep my Nalgene bottle at my side I drink a lot more water. On average I finish about 64 ounces of water a day if I remember to keep my water bottle with me. If I forget the water bottle I usually only drink a few glasses of water. I don't really notice any change compared to when I drank mostly soda, but drinking water instead of soda is definitely better for my wallet!