How much water do you drink daily?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by nbadiehard, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Major Nyte

Major Nyte New Member

I drink approximately 1 gallon of water a day, divided in to six snacks. I do this because I work out, and breaking big meals into decent-quantity meals does not get me bloated, and when working out, it makes it easier for the body to convert fat in to muscle, as there is no excessive fatty acids that the body has to burn off.

2. princessshy

princessshy New Member

I brought a big water bottle to motivate me to drink more water. I remember I would skip drinking water and just drink juice. I notice my face started to break out, so I decided to drink at least six big bottles of water daily. I notice a big change. I'm more hydrated and my skin has cleared up.

3. amegbert15

amegbert15 New Member

I usually just fill up my 24 oz water bottle and drink that throughout the day. Depending on what I'm doing, I'll go through about two of those a day.

4. mslinds83

mslinds83 New Member

I try to at least drink 30 ounces of water a day, 48 if I'm working out. If it's hot and I know I'll be outside, I also drink more water. It's also important to eat a lot of water heavy foods as well, if you don't get to drink enough. Vegetables and fruits are a great idea, especially in the summer. Make them the focal point of your meal in a salad or paired with a lean protein. Cucumbers and lemon slices in your water help to purify the water and make it a little tastier if you don't want to buy an artificial filter. Investing in a hard plastic Nalgene bottle also keeps the impurities from the air out of your water.

5. 1bizlady

1bizlady New Member

I drink about a gallon of water per day and although I do not like to keep running to the bathroom, I drink a lot of water as I know it is good for my body. I can actually tell when I am not drinking enough as my skin becomes drier and less youthful. I am also incorporating more fruits an vegetables that have a higher water content for both the water and fiber content.

6. mailen

mailen New Member

I use to have Urinary Tract Infections before. Im always into caffeine intake and it really didn't help. After treating my infection I tried taking 8 glasses of water per day. I monitored my water intake for 3 months and it really helped. I haven't had any infections since. It made my skin glow too. So I think drinking enough water like 8 glasses per day really helps a lot.

7. thedeadmilkman

thedeadmilkman New Member

Water consumption is linked to how much soda and coffee I intake, so I try to drink water as much as possible. I am a big fan of gulping back a tall glass of water after waking up in the morning and before tucking in for the night. It is the easiest way possible to keep yourself hydrated and if you persist in this behavior it soon becomes a habit that you don't even think about. Doing some form of exercise daily is also a fantastic way to drink more water because you become more conscious of the things that your body needs to function. You don't have to lift weights for two hours or run a half marathon to qualify as exercise. I read that hunger pangs are sometimes related to dehydration - so drink up!

8. DollyMi

DollyMi New Member

I now appreciate drinking water after settling for healthy eating, I take anything between 2-2.5 litres daily. That has me visiting the bathroom often but I read somewhere that this too is a healthy habit. I am going off sugarly drinks slowly, not a painless process though!

9. Connor Casey

Connor Casey New Member

I try to drink about 1 gallon per day. I am 6'5" and 200lbs, so I am on the larger side. Hydration is huge part of my diet and nutrition. There is no other beverage that is better than a big glass of ice water!

10. A.F.

A.F. New Member

I am a military man (Army) and staying hydrated meant life or death especially in the middle of a desert. I have always stressed the important of staying hydrated and have even passed this on to my children. The daily recommended amount of water is 64oz, I keep myself between 56oz and 80oz depending on what work I'm doing.

11. abiboom

abiboom New Member

This is what I need to improve on. I'm not much of a water drinker myself and I know how important it is to drink up to 8 glasses of water everyday. Sadly, I'm not very consistent in practicing this.

12. The body is more or less about sixty percent water. We are constantly losing water from our bodies, because of many reasons, primarily via urine and sweat. There are so many benefits to drinking water for example: Better skin and weight loss. There are many different opinions on how much water we should be drinking every day. The health critics commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember. Keep hydrated and drink a lot, it will only benefit you and do your body a lot of good.

13. Manuel Farinas

Manuel Farinas New Member

I drink a lot water specially in the morning when i wake up I drink a least 4 glass of water. I during the day maybe like a galon

14. sujit ghosh

sujit ghosh New Member

i drink seven litres of water everyday. It is necessary to maintain the optimum water intake since body runs out of fluids every 6 hours.

15. Joetneal

Joetneal New Member

I mostly drink out of a 32 ounce plastic bottle that I refill throughout the day. I keep the same bottle for a few days at a time before changing to a new bottle. I used to only drink water out of a tap. I just recently turned to filtered water. I bought a gallon water container with a filtration system added to it. All I do is fill up the top portion of the filtration system with tap water, and the water filters through the system into the container. It is fast and convenient. I tend to drink between 3-4 quarts of water per day.

16. suyeshstha

suyeshstha New Member

I drink 5 litres of water daily. I am a gymer so I need to drink a lot of water to make my good gains and it is good for my skin too. I used to have pimples after I start to drink a lot of water my pimples are gone and my skin are clean

17. marlis

marlis Member

I drink lots of water in a day. First I drink 2 glasses just after waking up, then a glass before any meal or snack(that is like 5 meals including breakfast) a colds glass before bed not to mention like a litre that I take during workouts. The weather here in Africa is quit hot and sunny so one is bound to be thirsty in between. That must be a lot of water right?

18. MzBaker

MzBaker New Member

It depends completely on what is happening in my day. Sometimes I'm working hard and need that water, other times I don't need it so much. Sometimes I drink as little as 2 bottles of water a day, they're 16.9 ounces so that's 4 servings. I do however drink coffee and tea at random times of the day too. You could probably add that to my water intake since it's still basically water with something added to it.

19. OscarSmith

OscarSmith New Member

I drink a lot of water, as I find it much more hydrating than other drinks. I have a phone app which recommends how much water I should drink per day, taking into account my height, weight and gender. It allows me to record each time I drink a glass of water in order to reach a daily goal of water consumption. I drink around two litres of water per day.