How much water do you drink everday

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by subbu813, Mar 8, 2016.

1. subbu813

subbu813 New Member

Water is the best drink to make us healthy.

2. vaemily08

vaemily08 New Member

Water is great for your health, although they recommended water intake is 6-8 glasses a day, you need to take into account your weight. As your weight determines how much you should drink. There are many water intake calculators you can search for on the internet. So check them out so you know what you should really be drinking as you may not be drinking enough.

subbu813 likes this.
  3. vannaik99

vannaik99 New Member

I think 2 liters a day is the minimum intake of water that a person should have and I try to drink at least that much. Of course it also depends on the climate and the amount of sweat one generates. In my case I am prone to kidney stones and consuming a lot of water is a must for me to prevent generation. Also I am a distance runner and need to keep my body hydrated and I consume 3L on the days I run

4. jennyonyx

jennyonyx New Member

I drink at least 64 oz of water everyday. I've been doing this for 8 months and I've lost about 3 lbs since then without changing anything else about my diet. I know it doesn't sound like much, but hey - it was an easy way to lose weight without even trying :) Also, I've been getting a lot of comments from people telling me that I look thinner in my face and neck. Drinking a lot of water eliminates toxins you store in your body which gives you a less bloated look.

5. CaO2

CaO2 New Member

Actually it's not so much about a measured amount of daily water intake but whether or not you are staying hydrated. Since every person is physically different and activity levels vary there is no universal amount. A marathon runner will require 5 to 10 times more daily water intake than a person with an office job that does not exercise regularly. A good rule of thumb when trying to stay hydrated is to drink enough water throughout the day to where your mouth doesn't feel dry, the moment your mouth feels dry you are dehydrated!

6. CaO2

CaO2 New Member

Actually it's not so much about a measured amount of daily water intake but whether or not you are staying hydrated. Since every person is physically different and activity levels vary there is no universal amount. A marathon runner will require 5 to 10 times more daily water intake than a person with an office job that does not exercise regularly. A good rule of thumb when trying to stay hydrated is to drink enough water throughout the day to where your mouth doesn't feel dry, the moment your mouth feels dry you are dehydrated!

7. subbu813

subbu813 New Member

1 person likes this.
  8. viyogini

viyogini New Member

As an athlete, I certainly keep an eye on my daily water intake. I don't know exactly how much I drink throughout the day, but I would say about 64-80 oz. depending on my activity level. And salt intake.

9. Ranjith8886

Ranjith8886 New Member

While drinking water is suggested to be a very effective method to stay healthy, remove toxins from body, maintain body fluids in condition etc., it is difficult to come up with a fixed number for "how much water to drink daily". It varies from person to person. I consume 3-4 liters of water daily.

10. as5786

as5786 New Member

I keep a water bottle at my desk. Since it holds 16 oz, I make it a goal to drink a full bottle every two hours. I'm usually off, but I try to get close. When I stick to it - I can definitely tell a difference in how hydrated I am!

11. rrubama

rrubama New Member

Water is my favorite thing to drink! It keeps me hydrated and healthy. I drink 32oz of water in the morning to start my day. Throughout the day I usually carry a water bottle with me. The water bottle that I carry is a 32 oz Nathan. I usually finish 3 of those as the day goes on. Water is the main liquid that I drink. I usually drink water before, during, and after a meal to help with the digestion of food. Water is the life sustainer of all the creature on the earth. Without fresh water I don't know what I would do.

12. kashana

kashana New Member

Another ting to take into consideration is the type of water. When water is RO (reverse osmosis) everything like minerals has been removed and the is zero PPM (parts per million) and a zero PH. The H2O molecule has been changed and will actually bond with the H2O in your body and dehydrate you.
    There are machines called Kengan water filters and it uses vibrating plates that will lower or raise PH. A high PH will sanitize counters and such, and it will make water that is the optimal hydration molecule around 6.5 PH. hope this is informative. Here is more info on Kengan http://www.enagic.com/watertheory.php

13. zhoyce

zhoyce New Member

I usually drink around 5 glasses a day. Putting flavor on water really works on making sure you drink as much water as you need too.

14. Fuad

Fuad New Member

I drink 2-3 glass water during a day.I prefer to drink tea all day.

15. sharonnamukonda

sharonnamukonda New Member

I personally take about 1.5 liters of fluids a day, I take even more when I exercise. Water enthusiasts like Detox gurus, personal trainers and diet authors usually suggest we should be drinking at least two liters of water a day, sometimes as much as four liters, but according to current NHS advice, most adult women need only around 1.6 liters of fluids in general (rather than water, specifically) a day, and men around two liters, to keep the body working efficiently.

All drinks can count towards this official fluid target, it doesn't matter if you are taking hot drinks such as tea and coffee, milk and fruit juices and even the water contained in foods such as fruits and vegetables.

16. chantelwolff

chantelwolff New Member

I don't think that I drink enough water each day and I have always had problems trying to drink enough water. Sometimes I will go an entire day without drinking any water, and I know that is extremely unhealthy and I have tried to fix that problem by keeping a water bottle with me at all times of the day.
    I've even tried keeping an entire gallon of water by me and drew lines on the gallon to indicate how much water should be left at certain points throughout the day. I would like to try a "water challenge" to start drinking at least a gallon of water every day.

17. flowerdog

flowerdog New Member

I tend to just drink water whenever I feel myself starting to get thirsty. I don't usually wait until my mouth is completely dry to take a sip, but I also don't force myself to drink water when I'm not thirsty. I've never counted how much water I drink per day exactly, but I think I get enough. I do tend to prefer drinking tea over water, but sometimes I drink a lot more water if I add sliced lemon to it.

18. monstecarlo

monstecarlo New Member

I try to drink at least 4 glasses of water because I do not want to feel exhausted or get headaches if my water intake is low. If I exercise it is a must that I take more thank 4 glasses of water, otherwise I would feel tired and sleepy. I was not used to drinking water in a daily basis before but several of my acquaintances insisted that I should elevate my water intake if I did not want to get health complications in the future. I have come to realize that the only thing that makes me stop feeling thirsty is water, not soda or sugared drinks, just plain, fresh water.

19. Android7

Android7 New Member

Drinking water is good for you. I personally have a water bottle with me and drink when I get thirsty and don't measure the amount. People should be careful as drinking too much water can be hazardous to your health. A condition called hyponatremia can cause death if people drink too much water. This condition occurs more frequently in the West and in endurance events. I think this is interesting as people from Eastern cultures do not report death from over-hydration and perhaps the culture of drinking too much in the West is actually leading to death in people.

20. joshiam72

joshiam72 New Member

I always forget to drink, so I made up a self-game where each time I see a fountain at school (I am in college) I have to drink at least a bit from it. It might seem weird but I get a healthier amount of water compared to before where I would just forget to drink.

21. Gabri3LL3

Gabri3LL3 New Member

The ideal amount of water to drink per day can be calculated based on body weight and physical activity level. Multiply body weight by 2/3 and that will give the amount of water you need to drink per day in fluid ounces. For example, if you weigh 100 lbs., you should drink about 67 fluid ounces (100 lbs. x 2/3) of water per day. Additionally, if you are doing strenuous physical activity or otherwise sweating, you can add an additional 12 fluid ounces per 30 minutes of activity to your total daily water intake.

22. Lydia6

Lydia6 New Member

This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately.

I constantly have a dry mouth but I am never thirsty. I'm not sure if this is something to do with the medication I'm on but it's really made me start considering my water intake more than usual.

It all began when I downloaded an App called Fabulous. The App takes into consideration habits as a form of keeping on top of things; developing good habits in order to feel great and thrive.

You get four options of where you'd like to begin when you first open Fabulous. The options are: Feel Energized, Sleep Better; Focus and Concentrate more; Lose Weight and Eat Healthier. Now I'm quite a good eater, I sleep all the time and I can concentrate pretty well. With that in mind, I knew I needed to pick the Feel Energized option.

Along with dry mouth being an ailment, I also suffer from lethargy with unknown origins. Therefore, feeling energized is something that I really felt I could do with.

To prove I'm not going off on one, I will link us back to water. The first challenge on Feel Energized was drink water as soon as you wake up in the morning; claiming that after 3 days you would feel more awake, alert and enthusiastic. This spurred me to read more in depth about water and see what benefits I may have been missing out on.

I realised I was drinking way under the daily amount you're supposed to drink each day. Now I bring a 1 litre water bottle to me with work every day and fill it up about 3 times! I'm feeling so much better and I suggest that if your pee isn't as clear as it can be you need to drink more.

23. anarodrig98

anarodrig98 New Member

I drink about 7 16oz glasses of water per day. If I drink less, my rings won't fit my fingers, but that's just me. Everyone is different. My body got so used to all the water I drank, so when I don't drink that amount, my body doesn't like that at all and I become a water balloon!

24. kristieB

kristieB New Member

I almost always have a bottle or glass of water near me, whether at home or elsewhere. I find myself habitually reaching for it when it's not there, so consider it best to have it on hand.

25. Jamie9162

Jamie9162 New Member

I don't think that I drink as much water as I should. Overall, I consume approximately 64 ounces per day. But, with my weight I should technically drink more. Many recommend that the amount of water you drink is directly contingent to your weight. More specifically, to calculate the recommended amount of water to drink one may take their weight (in pounds) and divide that by two, and this is the amount of water you should drink in ounces. For example, if one weights 120 they should drink 60 ounces, if one weighs 160 they should drink 80 ounces, and so on. It is also important to take into account the amount of physical activity one is in. If one is very physically active, they should drink more along the lines of two-thirds of the body weight example than one-half.

26. BRENDA1953

BRENDA1953 New Member

It doesn't take long for you to realize how important water is until you witness someone suffering from dehydration and even dying from not drinking enough water. Water makes up 90% of our body and water is the most important food you can give to your body. Yes some die from drinking to much but that is rare. Water does so much for the body any healthy person knows to consume as many as 32 oz a day or more. Also remember caffeine drinks dehydrate the body and starve it for water so they are no substitute for water.

27. Rjs5248

Rjs5248 New Member

I try to drink at least two liters of water daily. It's actually easier for me to reach this goal when I'm at work because I keep the bottle next to my computer and sip on it constantly. On the days I am off, I find it difficult to reach this quota because I tend to forget. I find staying properly hydrated keeps me focused and more efficient, as well as limits my food cravings.

28. ms.elleMentry

ms.elleMentry New Member

Minimum of 10 glasses per day. I live in a tropical region and currently enjoying the summer season. We experience extreme weather temperatures all around the world and we must learn to adapt to these changes. Never let your body be drained of the fluid that if needs. Dehydration can lead to mild to severe illnesses. Our body would not be able o function well without the help of enough water or fluid intake.

29. Just Donna

Just Donna New Member

This is interesting because I just started using this app on my phone. It reminds me every couple of hours to record my water intake. It's great because it shows how much I should be drinking each day. It really has helped me remember to drink water. I usually don't think about it until I'm very thirsty.

30. scluptor

scluptor New Member

Drinking a healthy amount of water has always been a point of emphasis for me, personally. Even when I was very young I cut out sugary sodas and sports drinks. These days I try to drink about a gallon of pure, plain water throughout the course of the day, and increase that amount depending on my physical activity and how hot the weather is.

I realized, recently, that I go through a Britta filter in about three weeks. I need to find something that last a little longer.