How much water do you drink everday

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by subbu813, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cula

cula New Member

Personally, I do not measure the amount of water that I drink everyday.
    But, I drink a lot after I urinate. To think that I urinate, 5- 6 times a day so I think I consume the right amount of water each day.
    Sometimes I do not drink a lot of water when I am not at home or work like if I have to go out like a place that I have to find a rest room.
    I'd rather endure being thirsty than being wanting to find a powder room.

2. hanylen

hanylen New Member

I challenge myself to drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water a day. Even if I urinate most of the time, even in the middle of an important meetingWell hydrated body is noticeable visible to anyone's eye.
    Skin is glowing and firm.
    Hair is shinny and strong.

3. abfranco

abfranco New Member

To prevent dehydration, we need to drink adequate amounts of water. There are many different opinions on how much water we should be drinking every day. Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember. And with this I tried my very best to follow this rules because I believe on the health benefits that we can get from water. It will prolonged our life and give us a healthy body as well.

4. AronDhooge

AronDhooge New Member

I drink around two liters of water everyday. But when I'm training (especially cycling) I go up to four liters a day. I really makes me feel healthy when I drink a lot of water and the biggest benefit in my opinion is the feeling of being full. Drinking a few glasses of water before breakfast, lunch or dinner can make you feel full and less hungry, this really helps when you're on a diet ;)

Another tip is to drink a few glasses of water before you go to the supermarket, this way you don't buy all the unhealthy foods, because of the full feeling!

5. Saetwa

Saetwa New Member

It is recommended to drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water a day but i mostly do 4 to 6 glasses. Though i try to drink it more when it's hot and sunny to hydrate and reduce chances of getting headaches. I also add a glass or two sometimes when i am constipated, it helps with digestion and i get to go for :poop:,:thumbsup:

6. jldg

jldg New Member

Two to ten glasses a day. I'm a very inconsistent water drinker.

7. jaytthrow

jaytthrow New Member

I drink water maybe 4-6 glasses a day. Although we are required to drink 8 glasses a day I cannot commit to that because if i am working too much sometimes I forgot to drink water. Also after lunch or dinner I sometimes drink soft drink or juice as a substitute for water. But there are times that our body craves for water. Especially when I drink more on juice, at the end of the day my body becomes weak and it looks for water. But of course during night time before i sleep I always drink 2 glass of water. It feels good when you wake up in the morning.

8. yhet88

yhet88 New Member

Honestly I can only drink 4-6 glasses a day or sometimes less than those numbers. It is because I work a lot the whole day and I forgot sometimes to drink water or worst is that even I feel thirsty I feel tired to get some water until time I forgot I am thirsty. This may sounds crazy but this really happens almost everyday of my living. Even during weekdays where I stay at home I still can't reach that 6-8 glasses of water a day. I feel bad about it, so that is why sometimes at night I drink a lot of water before I got to sleep and face the consequence to go to the comfort room even if I'm still sleepy. Water is very important to our body so we really have to drink a lot of it. So that is why this year I promised to myself that I have to drink a lot of it, but still sometimes being forgetful and lazy makes me alone broke my promised, haha,how sad.

9. wesley254

wesley254 New Member

The NHS advise on drinking 1-2 litres of water daily in the UK. That’s roughly 6-8 glasses a day.

For those of you who would admit to being under-hydrated, this may sound like a large amount of water to aim to drink. Look at it this way: the average time a Brit spends awake during a given day is between 15 and 16 hours (940 minutes to be precise). By following NHS advice, that means you’ll be having a glass of water roughly every 2 hours. On a busy working day, that’s hardly over the top.

In hotter climates the body produces more sweat, so you’ll need to drink more water to address the balance if you’re in a balmier country or there’s hot weather at home. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) recommends a water intake of 2.5 liters a day for men and 2 liters a day for women per day from both food and drink. They also recommend that around 70-80% of your daily water intake should come from drinks.

Water acts as a detoxer, hydrater and refresher. Given that more than half of the human body consists of the stuff, it’s hardly surprising that the benefits of drinking H2O are legion.

Drinking more water allows you to produce more sweat, so staying hydrated can help you maintain athletic performance and prevent excessive fluid loss during spells of intense sporting activity.

Getting enough water can also improve your digestive health and relieve constipation. When you are dehydrated, your large intestine soaks up water from food waste which hardens stools and makes it difficult for them to pass.

By maintaining the recommended level of water consumption, you’ll also keep your urine diluted. This will stone waste products getting too concentrated and drastically reduce your chances of getting kidney stones. Good news indeed.

Based on age, gender, weight and height, this water intake calculator is a useful tool for working out your ideal daily water intake. It also factors in the type of exercise you regularly do, as well as the current temperature in your location.

10. wassy

wassy New Member

I drink a lot of water. Maybe minimum of 10 glasses a day. One big one the moment I wake up, before and after every meal, at least 2 glasses every meal, and another one big glass before I sleep. It helps a lot whenever I drink plenty of water because my digestion is good, my skin is smooth (and i have no time dealing with other people's problems cause im too busy peeing HAHA) Jokes aside, people dont realize sometimes how important it is to drink water, it helps flush out your system, it can even help you lose weight!

11. anita27

anita27 New Member

i tried drinking 2 liters of water every day as per advice of my doctor, because i have acne and the best treatment for acne is to drink plenty of water to detoxify all the toxin in the body , i tried lots of beauty regimen , tries drinking medication for pimples but no one works, so my dermatologist inform me to do cleansing, i tries drinking plenty of water like 2 to3 letters a day , eat health food and used organic products. water as well help me to loss weight because i always fell full . it gives lots of benefits to me.

12. Deeyhan

Deeyhan New Member

My favorite question of all times. I drink water 1.5 litter in every 2 hours.
    Not literally in the end of 2 hour i will drink it all but i drink it slowly by slowly. I mean every minute i drink..because im really a water person. I like to drink water instead of cola. In a day, I drink 6 litters. And you know guys, water helps me lighten my skin I don't know why maybe it was also the possitive effect of water.. It nourishes me and at the same time clean my entire body i guess..So drink water as much as you can guys..

13. houd

houd New Member

I drink a gallon of water every day-sometimes more - to detox my body, it depends on weather and physical activity , i start my day by drinking a full cup of water on an empty stomach wich helps getting rid of toxins and mantaining health and hydration ..clear the skin as well as boosting metabolism, then, i fill my bottle to make sure i don't forget about drinking water throught the day and carry it with me, sometimes i even add some lemon slices and mint . The amount of water that we should drink daily depends on many factors such as weight, age , health issues and weather - people who lives in hot areas needs to drink more to stay hydrated - ,so everybody is different.

14. RogerEstampador

RogerEstampador New Member

Doctors recommend to drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day, because our body is composed of up to 60% of water.
    Every move we take even if we dont know our body releases water, so if we dont drink enough water our body might suffer from dehydration.

Be healthy, Drink 8 glasses of water everyday.

15. anita2727

anita2727 New Member

Drinking 2-3liters of water will make as healthy. Im not water drinker but my dermatologist inform me to drink lots of water to help realize all the toxin in my body and help cure my acne, i tried lots of treatment but its not working. So we tried to do a water therapy and for 2months doing it, it nourish my skin makes it more healthy and it lessen may acne. I use as will organic products to my face.. believe me or not it works. Must try

16. saif190

saif190 New Member

Water is important for our lives I drink a minimum of 2 liters in a day. We should drink water rather than Cold Drinks.

17. zslin

zslin New Member

Certainly not enough, but I wish I did. This post reminded me to and I will carry a water bottle around me more frequently.

18. Bern188

Bern188 Member

Water is the key to long life, some people would say that and it is partly true. I mean 70% of our body needs water to stay functioning. I drink a lot of water everyday since I live in a tropical country, because if you don't then you get bad headaches. I can consume up to 3-4 liters of water a day. I drink every time I wake up, before and after meals, in between meals and before I go to bed. It's like a reflex that I drink a lot of water everyday. At first you get bloated but if you get the hang of it then you won't notice that you're doing it.

19. AnnEquina

AnnEquina New Member

Water is very essential in our daily lives. Drinking water every day is important as it provides tons of benefits to our body. Probably, we’ve heard a lot of times that we should drink at least 8 glasses a day. In my case, I drink as many times as I can. I always bring a water bottle with me everywhere I go. I feel refreshed, hydrated and I know that it can prevent a lot of illnesses to my body. Even though it is tasteless, it is the most delicious and energizing drink for me. Nothing else is superior than water – “water is life”.

20. Bergstein

Bergstein New Member

I feel fortunate that I don't have to force myself to drink a lot of water everyday. I drink it because I crave it. It helps to clear my mind, as well as keep my skin hydrated. I can tell I haven't been drinking enough water if I find myself reaching for lip balm. I prefer my water at room temperature, even in the summer heat. After my morning coffee, I start drinking my water for the day, and drink on average about 3-4 litres. My teenage son also drinks a lot of water. We use a Britta, which I find I am constantly filling up. Thank goodness for the long life filters you can now purchase!

21. utkvodka

utkvodka New Member

Do not dwell over this topic for too long.
    It is clear that we all need water to survive. 70% of our body is water thus we function very poorly in a dehydrated state.
    For a normal average person 8 glasses a day should be enough
    If youre someone that is outdoors or engage in physical activities. You might want to drink atleast 10 glassse a day

22. JPAN18

JPAN18 Member

I usually drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. Start with a 3 glasses of water at the moment you woke up in the morning.

23. jyousey

jyousey New Member

This might sound really crazy but it works. I keep a mason jar that holds 8 ounces of water. Every hour I fill it up and chug it really quick. So by the end of the day, it's almost 100 ounces of water. Drinking this much helps with sleep, attention, diet and the condition of my skin, hair, and nails. Some days I do struggle so I might add a little lemon or lime juice for flavor but it really does help.

24. alemrac0017

alemrac0017 New Member

For me,,, Drinking water can cause mild, temporary increases in metabolism, and drinking it about a half hour before each meal can make you automatically eat fewer calories. Both of these effects contribute to weight loss.

25. mschimmenhausen

mschimmenhausen New Member

Most certainly not enough. I drink a lot of coffee though, so there's that. I think the main reason why I don't drink enough is a) laziness: not wanting to go to the toilet that often, not wanting to bother to get a glass of water and b) it simply is not as satisfying as eating a good meal. I also do not get thirsty very quickly, so when I do actually get thirsty I REALLY have not been drinking enough for quite some time.
    If I was one of those eternally thin people and could drink sugary stuff, perhaps I'd drink more, but unfortunately I'd turn really fat really quickly if I drank sugary drinks, so I avoid those.

26. Bern188

Bern188 Member

Ever since I was young my folks always remind me to drink lots of water everyday. Drink water when you wake up, in between meals, after meals and before going to bed. These reminders helped me to drink water effortlessly. I do a lot of workout every week and there is nothing more that I need than my bottle of water going to the gym or going bike rides. Water is life and our body is comprised of 80% water. So we need at least 3-4 liters of water intake per day to achieve that. As for me I think I over consume the limit but since I am always active it doesn't matter.

27. I can drink 9-10 glasses a day, cause I live in a tropical conutry.

28. Marcosdc

Marcosdc Member

8 glasses of water is the best, its should be done everyday. And ofcourse you should exercise regularly for you to stay fit and stay healthy. A proper diet is also important, make a program for your daily routine.

29. jjimen18

jjimen18 New Member

I drink almost 3 liters a day. Although nowadays that#foodislife I will never have a piece of snack without water. Whenever I feel like I still want to eat my next batch of meal i will just grab a glass of water and drink it. It'll help yourself from eating the next batch of fats you're craving to munch.

30. mariebernadette

mariebernadette New Member

I drink lots of water from the time I wake up in the morning until I go to bed at night, probably around 8-10 regular glasses of water. I drink a little bit more when the temperature is a little bit high to make sure that I am very much hydrated.