How much water do you drink in a day?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cathleenwright, Mar 3, 2016.

1. melnun

melnun Member

I drink about a gallon a day. I don't understand how people struggle to get to half of that. something I noticed is that I never have any of the kind of problems people seem to have with bowel movements, and I attribute this 100% to how hydrated I am.

2. Hailey Spurlock

Hailey Spurlock New Member

I drink at least half a gallon of water a day. If I don't drink this much then I can tell a difference. People do not realize how easy it is to get dehydrated. I think that it is ridiculous that people can get so dehydrated yet have access to water at all times. It is vitally important to keep hydrated to keep bodily functions working properly.

3. Raymund1980

Raymund1980 New Member

My daily routine in drinking water,after i woke up in the morning i drink 2-3 glasses of water after 30-45 mins thats the time i can eat may food may purpose for that is to condition my tummy. I drink a glass of water 30mins. before every meal , wherever i go i have may bottle of water with me to keep me hydrated.

4. glykahipe03

glykahipe03 New Member

I drink 8 glasses or more a day because water is very significant to keep us stay hydrated it has many benefits if you drink enough water, it removes toxins and balance the electrolytes of our body. What I do to achieve 8 glasses of water everyday is I installed an app called Flo, it's a cute app that will keep reminding you to drink water. I set it to every 1 hour interval from 9 AM to 10 PM to give me notification whenever I already need to drink water, try it guys and you wont't forget to drink water everyday it's really helpful :)

5. klouvalenz87

klouvalenz87 New Member

I used to hate drinking water when I was young because I hate the aftertaste of it (especially if the water is chlorine-treated). But now, I always try (because I have to) finishing my 2-liter water daily to get rid of my migraine episodes and hormonal imbalance. I just put few slices of lemon, a dash of himalayan salt or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with honey to make it more drinkable for me. =)

6. Raks

Raks New Member

I make sure to go beyond 8 glasses of water a day! Though I don't need to constantly remind myself to drink a lot of water because my body really looks for it the way my taste buds looks for it. It's very beneficial for our body so if you care for your health you must keep yourself hydrated especially if your daily food intake has a high number of salt and other unhealthy ingredients like sugar.
    I love water because it's really true that humans cannot be alive if there's no water. Water is the most powerful component or thing that you can see in the nature thus we must conserve our nature and take care of this blessing.

7. lloyd79

lloyd79 New Member

I drink lots of water everyday since i sweat alot especially now that summer season has officially started here in the philippines, weather is extremely hot and to prevent heat stroke i do usually consume more water. According to experts drinking water has alot of benefits like making your skin more hydrated and it aids good digestion. I prefer drinking water sometimes rather than drinking sodas.

8. Vincent Patella

Vincent Patella New Member

I usually aim for about six bottles of water per day, give or take. That adds up to about 3 liters, which is what I've deduced--from recommendations--is about how much I should be drinking as a 6'3" male. I think people often forget when considering these recommendations is that water is also taken into the body by food, albeit not as much as when physically drinking it. This should be factored into people's calculations.

One thing I've noticed is that 6 bottles of water is a pretty decent amount to be drinking every day, and hard to keep track of. Thus, I usually just constantly keep a bottle of water or cup of tea by my side every day and try to just continually take sips. I definitely drink more when I'm working out.

9. BestVillain64

BestVillain64 New Member

5-7 glasses per day is the norm for me.

10. Gail Laxa

Gail Laxa New Member

I drink water alot everyday. We need alot of water everyday. Fluids are very important to our body.

11. Lester Ian Lim

Lester Ian Lim New Member

As a nurse, I always encourage my patients to drink 8 glasses of water to stay hydrated throughout the day. Water makes up about 60 percent of our body weight. Water helps maintain blood volume and allows proper circulation, and helps regulate our body temperature. Hydration is very important because I live in a tropical country so I tend to sweat a lot. You can also eat fruits and vegetables with high water content like orange, watermelon, spinach, and Bell pepper.

12. Joemax31

Joemax31 New Member

Drinking 2 liters of water a day is enough because too much water intake may cause alkalosis or alkalinization of your blood which is not right. Since blood should be slightly acidic to perform its biochemical processes. You can also have hypokalemia or the decrease of potassium in blood and may cause weakness. However, when you are doing extensive exercises you can have 5 liters a day. For moderate exercises you can have 3-4 liters a day.

13. Nettynchill

Nettynchill New Member

I usually average out at around 3 litres of water a day but that number can go up or down depending on what I have going on that day, how busy I am you know the usual. Sometimes I drink low calorie soft drinks I buy from general stores or newsagents as I go about my day.

14. Ian Lim

Ian Lim New Member

Keeping hydrated is crucial for health and well-being, but many people do not consume enough fluids each day.
    The amount of water needed each day varies from person to person, depending on how active they are, how much they sweat, and so on. There is no universally agreed amount of water that must be consumed daily, but there is general agreement on what a healthy amount is.
    Water helps dissolve minerals and nutrients, making them more accessible to the body. It also helps remove waste products. These two functions make water vital to the kidneys.
    It also helps maintain blood volume and allows proper circulation, and helps regulate our body temperature. Hydration is very important because I live in a warm country so I tend to perspire a lot. You can also eat fruits and vegetables with high water content like Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Oranges, Cucumber, Celery, and Lettuce.

15. justmine

justmine New Member

I think just three or four glasses of water only, But not included my coffee, that almost three to four glasses a day also, and some juice and soft drinks. Water is very important in our body but I can't really drink a plain water unless not after I eat, it's hard for me to do that, even I'm thirsty. Juice from some fresh fruits most of the time is my replacement to water, and coffee, I really love coffee, specially if my working schedule is at night shift, almost every three hours, I need coffee, just to stay awake and focus to my job.

16. rna08

rna08 New Member

Depending on what mood I'm in and what my body tells me. Sometimes like when like in summer where the weather is hot and humid I feel very thirsty. Or when I exercise or sweat so much I have to replenish what water my body needs. Now I'm trying to put on more water because I want to loose some weight and water helps a lot for me to feel full and not hungry.

17. caramelove

caramelove New Member

Since I was young, I was taught that we should drink at least 8 glasses or at least 2 liters of water a day. In the past, I find it hard to drink that much since I'm not really fond of water because it has no flavor, hence, I prefer colas and flavored drinks more. I mostly drank 1 liter of water everyday. But then, I noticed that my skin felt more dry and flaky. Also, my face tend to produce more oil and my urine was also darker in color. That's when I realized, I was dehydrated. And so, from then on, I drink at least 2 liters of water everyday. I struggle at first since I'm not used to drink that much water. But as time goes by, I became used to it. And now, I don't drink carbonated drinks anymore and prefer water more than flavored drinks. Drinking more water has vastly improved my skin. It is not dry and flaky anymore and my urine is also lighter in color.

18. Dismas Mogaka

Dismas Mogaka New Member

I drink approximately 8 classes of water a day but some other times whether dictets the amount of water I take

19. ejay sancha

ejay sancha New Member

I drink about 2-3 litters of water a day or much more to be have a healthy body.Because water is very important to our body .Our body is composed of 60% of water and that's why it is important.When I woke up I literally drink two glasses of water in noon I drink abour 5 glasses of water because it is hot in our country and dinner i drink about 2-5 glasses of water.

20. gee

gee New Member

How much water do u drink in a day? personally, I don't drink as much but my view is one should drink as much water as possible without any limitations.

21. stephmassoglia

stephmassoglia New Member

I try to drink half my body weight in ounces. For example: I'm 160 pounds, so I usually drink 80+ ounces of water a day. The benefits of water are amazing when drank in the right quantities.

22. seraph0917

seraph0917 New Member

I don't really keep track on water intake everyday. I just strive to drink every single hour or as soon as I remember. Apparently, there are a number of apps of drink water reminders out now which are most helpful to keep our milliliters of water drank each day. Go check them out.

23. Damon Green

Damon Green New Member

I drink water literally every day, I drink it after waking up,after eating,before eating etc... I love water so much also it's the only drink you d I'mon't have to pay for that's healhty without having to purchase it, unless you want an expensive water like fiji or something. Water every day can help improve skin , nails weight loss and so much more I recommend you drink it whwwhene your thirsy it'll help you develop a habbit for drinking it then you'll be able to be constant on youeown. I hope this helps and you understand.

24. jujutaetae30

jujutaetae30 New Member

As they said, we should drink plenty of water, atleast 8 glasses of water. But before I just don't remember how many glasses of water I have drink I'm just pretty sure I don't even get 8 glasses. When the time I got sick because of dehydration, my relatives got mad to me because I drink only a few of water. So after that I learn to drink a lot of water, I feel that I drink more than 8 glasses of water. We all need to drink a lot of water to prevent any sickness to happen. Thank you.

25. Riclaine

Riclaine New Member

I usually drink Water 8 to 10 glasses a day. Consuming enough Water hydrates your Skin, diminishes the appearance of Wrinkles and it flushes Toxins out of your body and also regulates our Body Temperature.

26. micskie

micskie New Member

People ages 19 and older is around 3.7 liters for men and 2.7 liters for women. This is your overall fluid intake per day, including anything you eat or drink containing water in it, like fruits or vegetables. But for me I prefer to Drink water 4 to 5 Liters a day. Dringking water helps you eliminate waste through urine, sweat, and bowel movements.Water keeps your skin looking healthy. Skin is your body’s largest organ. When you drink plenty of water, you keep it healthy and hydrated.

27. Angelica Telingban

Angelica Telingban New Member

I drink water often now like 8 glasses a day unlike before, however i just really hate going to the restroom often as well. But I have to drink water often to stay hydrated because of the weather that where having now. Water is a must.

28. karim soun

karim soun New Member

back in time when i was 16 years old i used to spend days without drinking even three glass of water i used to drink just milk but one day i was watching a TV show about health and a doctor said people should drink gallon of water everyday and he talked about the benefits so from that day on im trying to drink gallon of water everyday

29. Kristel Madarang

Kristel Madarang New Member

Since I am doing the intermitten fasting right now, I tend to drink at least 2-4 litres of water everyday to keep the craving and hunger away and keep me full. The one thing I don’t like about it is that I always pee and sometimes I hate doing it every 10-20minutes because I’m out and doing some errands and etcetera. But yeah it is still a good thing to do. Try it and you will be hydrated throughout the day.

30. Rob26

Rob26 New Member

I try to drink about 8 cups a day. I carry a 20 oz water bottle.